Thank you!

Home of the traffic rant.
Midnight Sailor

Thank you!

Post by Midnight Sailor »

In the spirit of giving credit where credit is due, positive reinforcement and all that jazz....

Thought a place for people to voice out the courtesies they appreciate on a daily basis.

My number one thank you, is to all the people who are intersection aware. For not blocking the intersections in our crazy traffic season, for all the left turns and side street crossings that you are a second set of eyes for, you are a cool treat on a hot steamy, traffic frazzled day.

I'm full of appreciations for many other courtesies, but this is my number one!

Anyone else have something they appreciate? that maybe people haven't learned yet?
lets hear them....
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Re: Thank you!

Post by kgcayenne »

I am thankful for people who use their turn signals; it makes a huge difference.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Thankful for the few people who turn into the proper lane instead of just cutting across to which ever lane they want to be in.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

I am in full appreciation for the drivers who don't speed up or slow down when in a merge situation and understand to merge two lanes into one you take turns and everything will flow smoothly.
Midnight Sailor

Oh yes!
Proper merging is very much appreciated

http://m.wikihow.com/Merge-Onto-the-Hig ... t-Crashing
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

I so so so appreciate the people who do not tailgate!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thank you to those that wait for an oversize vehicle to make a turn - you didn't have to but you did and it sure lowered the stress level and time factor.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Midnight Sailor

Thank you to the people follow the speed limits through the school zones on glenmore road, Springfield and any busy road, Especially between 8-8:30 and 2:15-3:30 when kids are attempting to walk across the street and parents are trying to turn left. I know many of you are rushing to work, but I think there are more people who regard the speed limits, then don't. And for the people who weave around the people who slow down, a big thank you for your future efforts not to do that.

Any school zone for that matter, but especially on the heavy traffic roads.
It's hard to remember them all, but the more people who follow them, the easier it is for the absent minded, to follow suit, so thank you to those who set the pace and make it safer for our kids
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

Thank you for riding your motorcycle down my street and not have to "open 'er up"because there is no traffic in the way.
It gets a bit old listening to motorcycle exhaust blasting past all day.
Waste not
RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

Thank you for not driving in my blind spot.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Thank you to those people in line at the (fill in the blank store) who allow the actual next person in line to go to the newly opened checkout.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
looking4one
Übergod

Post by looking4one »

mexicalidreamer wrote:Thank you to those people in line at the (fill in the blank store) who allow the actual next person in line to go to the newly opened checkout.

YES, I agree, but I have also seen two overly polite customers insisting/border line argueing about the other should go first. :smt045 Just like two true Canadians coming to a 4 way stop at the same time...both are waving each other ahead. :138:

Sometimes, being polite is counter-productive. I love Canadians. What a great place we live in.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
Midnight Sailor

I agree, the most courteous thing is to follow the rules of the road. If I'm at a stop sign and you are not, you go. It's just confusing and dangerous otherwise, not courteous. Hearts in the right place, but not a good idea, all the same.

Another example is merging....one care for one car is the only way to maintain a steady flow of traffic. Letting in three cars doesn't make you three times more courteous. Keep the flow and everyone will appreciate it.
danmartin
Board Meister

Post by danmartin »

Midnight Sailor wrote:Thank you to the people follow the speed limits through the school zones on glenmore road, Springfield and any busy road, Especially between 8-8:30 and 2:15-3:30 when kids are attempting to walk across the street and parents are trying to turn left. I know many of you are rushing to work, but I think there are more people who regard the speed limits, then don't. And for the people who weave around the people who slow down, a big thank you for your future efforts not to do that.

Any school zone for that matter, but especially on the heavy traffic roads.
It's hard to remember them all, but the more people who follow them, the easier it is for the absent minded, to follow suit, so thank you to those who set the pace and make it safer for our kids

I don't drive that way too often anymore but if my memory serves me right there are no posted speeds on the school zone signs! If I am correct then there is no need legally to slow below the posted signs outside the school zones which is either 50 or 60 kilometers/hour
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I don't drive that way too often anymore but if my memory serves me right there are no posted speeds on the school zone signs! If I am correct then there is no need legally to slow below the posted signs outside the school zones which is either 50 or 60 kilometers/hour

O M G.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”