Loud Vehicles Getting Fines and Points

Home of the traffic rant.
damama55
Übergod

Loud Vehicles Getting Fines and Points

Post by damama55 »

This should be province wide, loud vehicles getting fines and 3 points. No matter where you live, the annoyance of the super loud vehicles is everywhere. Last year they did the same, but, through the Summer, it seems noisy vehicles are NOT a priority anywhere. I wonder if anyone knows of one person being given a warning to fix it or get a ticket. I don't think so, by the number of super loud vehicles on the roads.

VPD begins crackdown on loud vehicles in the city
Globalnews.ca‎ - 20 hours ago
Starting today, Vancouver Police officers will be listening for noise violators in the city.

Link to story
http://globalnews.ca/news/2802189/vpd-b ... -the-city/
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Jul 5th, 2016, 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link added.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
mexi cali
Guru

Re: Loud Vehicles Getting Fines and Points

Post by mexi cali »

I get you but I think that the limited number of police officers we have here are out doing better things with their time.

I hate them too (the noisy vehicles, not the police) but I don't see it as a priority.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

I know what you mean. I wonder if a few of them got warnings or tickets, would the word get around and many of them MIGHT get the message and pass it on to others. Sometimes that works. Here's hoping. :)
I tried finding a story on Castanet about it, too, but wasn't successful. Did I miss it, on Castanet?
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I don't recall seeing anything on Castanet about it but that doesn't mean it wasn't there.

As for the word getting around, unlikely. Have you seen most of the knuckle draggers that have these insane vehicles?

I wish I understood the mentality. There has to be some personal reward for being able to create that much noise at will.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Have bylaw/law enforcement accept personal video of vehicles and their license plates that break the laws. Let the community do the footwork.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

so your always packing a decibel meter with you or your just gonna go with your best guess and video it and send it in
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

I agree there needs to be a crack down on this. Nothing worse than sitting on a patio of a Starbucks or being out for a walk with Mrs. Treeguy and one of these bikes/cars/trucks goes buy disturbing the peace.

The CVSE and the RCMP do set up a check point regularly at the landfill to check vehicles heading into the dump for unsafe loads and what not. A week ago there was 3 RCMP and 3 CVSE vehicles involved in the sting operation. I have an older work truck and he went through it and my trailer thoroughly, then gave me a warning ticket because my odometer doesn't work! Sure give me a warning ticket for a broken odometer, when all over the city there are vehicles that should be pulled off the road.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

MVA:

Vehicle noise

27 A motor vehicle shall be equipped with an exhaust muffler which complies with section 7.03 of the regulations.

The opinion of an inspector as to whether the engine and exhaust noise is greater than that made by other vehicles in good condition of comparable size, horsepower, piston displacement or compression ratio shall determine whether exhaust gases are expelled with excessive noise.

When tested in an inspection station, the vehicle engine, any auxiliary engine and exhaust level shall not exceed Table 3 standards.

Class of Vehicle Maximum Allowable Sound Pressure Level DBA
Light duty 83
Gasoline-driven heavy duty 88
Motorcycles 91
Diesel-driven heavy duty 93
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

LTD wrote:so your always packing a decibel meter with you or your just gonna go with your best guess and video it and send it in

There's an app for that. Really.
Recently spent a few days in Vancouver and rarely heard a loud vehicle. Nothing like here, and that was before their crackdown. Of course they have their own force which is quite visible on the streets.
I birn quil I se
TheBoss
Fledgling

Post by TheBoss »

Some vehicles with a loud exhaust bug me, Overall eh i could care less. I always wanted to put a loud exhaust on a vehicle and see how long before the cops pull me over and issue a fix it ticket. Some of you are now yelling at your monitor, but you know what that's the joy of owning a car you can do what you want :D
Dantanamo

Post by Dantanamo »

A couple years back it became law that no vehicle unless modified for off-road or race is legal with anything but the factory equivalent exhaust system. So all these loud cars and trucks are in fact in defiance of the law and would not pass a BC motor vehicle inspection such as from out of province or if ordered by a peace officer. With that said..not how I want my tax dollars spent, that is chasing kids with loud cars. Get real.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

but you know what that's the joy of owning a car you can do what you want :D

What about what I want?
Baulde

Post by Baulde »

Randall T wrote:There's an app for that. Really.

Had some friends that worked in the audiology lab at UBC in Vancouver test some of those apps . Guess what! Those apps are WAY off and are in no way reliable or accurate(And not just a little, they were off by a significant margin). I asked because I was looking for a cheap DB meter.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”