Traffic circles aka; round-a-bouts

Home of the traffic rant.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Traffic circles aka; round-a-bouts

Post by Hurtlander »

As indicated in the above posted ICBC link, and this link http://www.th.gov.bc.ca/roundabouts/ you are only permitted to use your right turn signal, and only to indicate your exit point. Useing the left turn signal at anytime in a roundabout is wrong despite your good intentions.

ETA: unfortunately too many idiots fail to use the right hand turn signal to indicate their exit..
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I was on a roundabout in England, I can't remember exactly where that consisted of 5 small roundabouts connected by one large one. It wouldn't have been bad if I had known where I was going but it was fun especially going the wrong way on the wrong side of the street. The ones we have are certainly not difficult.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Three-lane and five-lane roundabouts in the UAE can be rather daunting, considering the average Arab driver believes all lanes are their very own!!
Chill
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

My wifes cousin from Scotland got on a large round-a-bout somewhere near London going the wrong way with a large truckload of peat-moss. He said he never saw so many flashing lights and heard so many horns. Somehow he got out of it without a mishap other than possibly a few soiled underwear in the crowd. Made me feel better. I always keep a Canadian flag in the window as a warning when I'm over there.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I don't signal in the round-a-bouts because I can't since my signal doesn't work when my wheels are turned. Stupid Dodges.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

flamingfingers wrote:Three-lane and five-lane roundabouts in the UAE can be rather daunting, considering the average Arab driver believes all lanes are their very own!!

They do that here too...just watch any cab driver...lol
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”