Monster trucks with the tires sticking out beyond the body

Home of the traffic rant.
looking4one
Übergod

Re: Monster trucks with the tires sticking out beyond the bo

Post by looking4one »

quagmaire wrote:Looking at it again, I think I misinterpreted it last night...

My apologies... :132:

No problem, we all make mistakes.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
looking4one
Übergod

Post by looking4one »

It is very refreshing to see someone that is willing to admit when they are wrong. Good on you!
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
rolly55

Post by rolly55 »

well as you all know that these contraptions came from the land of EDI
AKA Energy Driven Idiots I call them Hump trucks cause there money is made working in the mud
poorly educated Humps Living beyond there means!
looking4one
Übergod

Post by looking4one »

Sounds like a case of hump truck jealousy.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

looking4one wrote:Sounds like a case of hump truck jealousy.

Hump truck jalopies ride like crap and look awful. Nobody could be jealous, surely?

Once you get over your lifted truck, after you've put $100k into it, you sell it for peanuts then buy yourself a real vehicle for grown ups.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
quagmaire
Fledgling

Post by quagmaire »

rolly55 wrote:well as you all know that these contraptions came from the land of EDI
AKA Energy Driven Idiots I call them Hump trucks cause there money is made working in the mud
poorly educated Humps Living beyond there means!

I don't have a dog in this fight (in spite of my involvement), but I just have to point out the irony of calling out the 'poorly educated Humps' while miss-using 'there' twice in the same sentence without any punctuation...
Last edited by quagmaire on Jul 29th, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Giggidy, Giggidy

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
quagmaire
Fledgling

Post by quagmaire »

lightspeed wrote:
Hump truck jalopies ride like crap and look awful. Nobody could be jealous, surely?

Once you get over your lifted truck, after you've put $100k into it, you sell it for peanuts then buy yourself a real vehicle for grown ups.

Please define 'real vehicle for grown ups'

Thanks! (I'm just curious)
Giggidy, Giggidy

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
TheBoss
Fledgling

Post by TheBoss »

I'm all for a lifted truck but i gotta agree it's kinda ridiculous. Makes me wonder how many of these guys go offroading.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ I have no problem as long as the complete width of the tire is within wheel well or extended wheel well, plus mudflaps.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Saw a pickup yesterday with a huge lift kit and tires sticking way out past the wheel wells. I was thinking I pity the poor cyclist this guy hits because the tires are going to roll right over him. I wonder why the cops in this town never pull people like that over. I see so many infractions happening right in front of cops including speeding in a school zone, and the cop just keeps driving like he or she didn't even notice.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

techrtr wrote:Saw a pickup yesterday with a huge lift kit and tires sticking way out past the wheel wells. I was thinking I pity the poor cyclist this guy hits because the tires are going to roll right over him. I wonder why the cops in this town never pull people like that over. I see so many infractions happening right in front of cops including speeding in a school zone, and the cop just keeps driving like he or she didn't even notice.

Or a unfortunate smart car/original mini Austin caught in its front blind spot.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

A little over the top maybe?
00X0X_8kD8BDniN6h_300x300big black and ugly.jpg
Waste not
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

It's one thing to complain about a lack of mudflaps, annoying and potentially damage causing,,,,, HOWEVER...

Please read on...

There is a HUGE problem that is and has NOT been addressed by the police, CVSE and ICBC.

The problem applies to the safety of vehicles that are jacked up. It's not that commonly known but most are quite unstable and a prone to tipping over, even on flat surfaced if turns are taken too quickly.

Also, if a vehicle is raised more than 10 cm (just slightly under 4 inches) it must be inspected at a designated inspection facility and certified safe for use on the roads.

The information can be found in the Motor Vehicle Act Regulations, in Part 3 "Salvaged, Modified and Reconstructed Vehicles"

Section 25.20 (b) reads : "altered by changes to its suspension height by more than 10 cm from the original basic specification of the vehicle manufacturer,"

http://www.bclaws.ca/civix/document/LOC ... e%20Act%20[RSBC%201996]%20c.%20318/05_Regulations/29_26_58%20-%20Motor%20Vehicle%20Act%20Regulations/26_58_07.xml#section25.20

(if you cut and paste the link will work, doesn't seem to work as a link)

How many retail sellers of lift products, do you think warn their customers that they are in violation of the law if their vehicle is raised more than four inches ?
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Not to pin out just the behemoths. (even the RCMP Yukons are guilty)
I thought there was supposed to be a crack-down on these defects.
This is the weather that really makes these ying-yangs shine.

What a hazard these vehicles are on the roadways with their crap flinging
maelstrom of debris and spray.

What is so hard about installing some mudflaps to help diffuse the rooster tail???

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :-X
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

give it up every car I was following today that had proper winter tires was shooting a 30 foot rooster tail of crap out the back probably yours to unless you run garbage tires and mudflaps are not mandatory

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”