Coquihalla Carnage????

Home of the traffic rant.
lightspeed
Guru

Re: Coquihalla Carnage????

Post by lightspeed »

stuphoto wrote:Most people say that hardest item to haul is hanging meat. However I don't know if anyone still hauls hanging meat.
Next is like you guessed Livestock.
Then is bulk liquids.

There are always exceptions to the rules, like Bulk Milk which is often partial loads in a tanker with no baffles ( also what I started hauling ) however very few truckers will ever deal with them.

Bulkers are good fun. Used to see loads of them on their sides before the great oil recession. Now anyone that's working usually has a good few years experience, not just rookies kicked out the door with a set of keys and an LSD. First time I ever braked too hard on ice and the moving load (with baffles) pushed me 20' into an icy intersection was the last time. Steep fast learning curve.

Good times.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

Did I miss the findings of what the official cause was (is) on this? Or has it not been released? seems awful weird that they haven't finished their investigation, or aren't releasing it.
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
spooker

Post by spooker »

dieseluphammerdown wrote:Did I miss the findings of what the official cause was (is) on this? Or has it not been released? seems awful weird that they haven't finished their investigation, or aren't releasing it.

I've found that when they say they are "investigating" that means that we'll never know what really happened ... whatever is learned during the investigation is not shared publicly so that we can figure out how to keep ourselves safe or learn from mistakes made ...
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

I would guess it'll be another few months before an official report is released.

Ive heard through the rumor mill that the truck was an automatic.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”