Traffic circle

Home of the traffic rant.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Re: Traffic circle

Post by Symbonite »

Urbane wrote:I agree that a light or roundabout is needed at Elk and Carrington. For whatever reason I find that some people are mystified by that intersection. Numerous times I've tried to turn left from Elk on to Carrington and the driver coming down Elk Rd stops even though he or she has no stop sign. Very strange. Of course at other times it seems as if our car is invisible because people drive right in front of me. It happened three times in a row the other day. Lots of fun!

No lights...just a roundabout is fine on both intersections Butt and Carrington and Elk one too. Roundabouts are way better than sitting at a dumb light especially in that section.

The reason is that people stop is because that Crosswalk is not really marked properly....its the solid white line that fools people they should have made the proper white dash crosswalk and that would make it easier for people to tell the difference. I was with my dad once and he was about to stop and i told him to go through and he mentioned the same thing...
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
keano

Re: Traffic circle

Post by keano »

For those who have ever had the misfortune of driving in some locations in the UK, check out the link and see just how tough it can be..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bOTTTETzX4

Could be a whole lot worse. Imagine this at rush hour in K town.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”