Tail Gating

Home of the traffic rant.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Tail Gating

Post by Dizzy1 »

Omnitheo wrote:Once more, BC laws don't apply here. This accident was not in BC.

To be fair - half the time, BC laws don't even apply in BC :biggrin:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

5cents, I like your thinking.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
BobH

Post by BobH »

If it's taking you 30+ seconds or 1/2 km+, you're not passing, you're impeding traffic. It's called accelerating, do it and get out of the way.

None of that changes the fact that tail gating is illegal, very dangerous and the cause of that accident.
holdin

Post by holdin »

After living here for a few years, my experience is that by far the majority of tailgaters are young females---I really wonder if they even know how much space they need to stop---I wonder how they got their licences--- also, of course, "the dudes" in their jacked up trucks.
Verminator
Board Meister

Post by Verminator »

Driving back to Vernon the other day from Sicamous, we were somewhere between Enderby and Armstrong when we came up behind a car that was doing at best 60 - 65 kph in a 90 zone. Conditions weren't great as it was near dusk and raining lightly. With heavy traffic in both directions passing wasn't an option so I held back and kept my distance. It didn't take long for a huge line of traffic to build up behind us including a yellow GMC pickup that was getting too close for comfort. I noticed the driver of the car constantly turning his head to his left, obviously looking for a place to turn off, and then his brake lights and left turn signal came on. At that instant the pickup tailgating me tried to pass, saw the car making a left turn right in front of him and cut me off, then passed him on the shoulder. The truck had Home Hardware logos on it so I'll be heading there to show them my dashcam footage. :-X :200:
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

Driving through Winfield the other day doing 70 in the left lane in the 50 zone, just like everyone else. Had a jacked up Dodge pu tailgate me and as we went through the lights at Berry Road. As I was accelerating with the rest of traffic he went by me on the right and cut me off. I showed him my driving finger as he did it and the cop that he cut off as he went around me was real impressed. Laughed my *bleep* off. Hope the ticket(s) he got were worth it.
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

rookie314 wrote:Driving through Winfield the other day doing 70 in the left lane in the 50 zone, just like everyone else. Had a jacked up Dodge pu tailgate me and as we went through the lights at Berry Road. As I was accelerating with the rest of traffic he went by me on the right and cut me off. I showed him my driving finger as he did it and the cop that he cut off as he went around me was real impressed. Laughed my *bleep* off. Hope the ticket(s) he got were worth it.

I love it when these D-bags get their just desserts. I take it the cop was in disguise?
Waste not
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

Ghost car.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”