kevcol99

Re: Traffic in the Mission

Post by kevcol99 »

I give up!
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Fancy wrote:Homeowners don't get street parking changed if nothing happened on a regular basis. Driving through school zones one can see a lot of inconsiderate people parking where they shouldn't - it's mind boggling. I heard that one area had to have police show up and start ticketing to get the rules through to some parents.

Tell me about it...........the elementary school on Union and Snowsell is BAD for what have to be *bleep* parents. Park wherever they want.........under stop signs, on the actual corner of 2 streets (on the bend itself). Yesterday I watched one guy in his 3/4 ton Dodge decide to drive on the wrong side of the road and park in the opposite direction (whose got time to turn around). 85% are the bored out of their minds "stay at home" mom's. Some show up 30 minutes early to socialize and probably wear off the wine they've been drinking all day to pass the time. Yes, the cops that set up radar at this location should start ticketing IDIOTS and maybe do some breathalizers.........guaranteed they will win on a few!
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Crazytrain wrote:
Why wouldn't I be serious? This is a real issue and it's a pain in the butt. The topic is traffic in the mission and I'm having an issue with it.

And let me guess, you are not satisfied by the replies you have received.

This needs to be looked at a wee bit deeper.

You just don't get it, go back and read your original post, maybe two or three times slowly.

Try to comprehend what you yourself wrote. Think about it, ponder even.

When you have done so re-read it again as if it is not your voice saying the words.

Then, think about what your reply would be to that person !

If you come back with the same outlook, I can't (won't) help you.
If you change your wording and intonation, we "may" continue !
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
kevcol99

Post by kevcol99 »

I wrote a reply about my personal experiences of living near a school,but I deleted it. Some people will never get it.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

I don't live near a school but do live in what used to be a quiet cul de sac until 3 of the homes sold and each one had a suite added or renovated and now we have vehicles parked where it used to be empty because none of the homes has adequate space for their own vehicles and the renters vehicles so there are now regularly 5 or 6 cars parked and since the snow has reduced the available space i am surprised none have been side swiped yet. One chick has already got stuck twice and when i went out to help push it looked like her tires were at best worn all seasons, possibly summers. She abandoned it in the end and it sat wedged in snow for 2 days.
The other day i saw her go out of the close and wheels are a spinning and she is wrestling with the steering wheel.
I shovel my drive, some people shovel drives and sidewalks so why the heck can't street parkers shovel a space for themselves.
Rant over and note to self to never buy near a school
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

lesliepaul wrote:

Tell me about it...........the elementary school on Union and Snowsell is BAD for what have to be *bleep* parents. Park wherever they want.........under stop signs, on the actual corner of 2 streets (on the bend itself). Yesterday I watched one guy in his 3/4 ton Dodge decide to drive on the wrong side of the road and park in the opposite direction (whose got time to turn around). 85% are the bored out of their minds "stay at home" mom's. Some show up 30 minutes early to socialize and probably wear off the wine they've been drinking all day to pass the time. Yes, the cops that set up radar at this location should start ticketing IDIOTS and maybe do some breathalizers.........guaranteed they will win on a few!

When I used to walk my grandson to that school, parents would park in the bus stop and walk away for 1/2 hr and leave the bus driver to fend for himself, parents who should know better were parking along the no parking area fronting Snowsell, there were u turns across 4 lanes of traffic on Union and parents letting their kids off while idling in the through lane. So I take it that things have not changed at all? Oh, but leave your dog tied up to socialize while you run your kid inside you will get a fine.
Waste not
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

Crazytrain wrote:
kevcol99 wrote:I think the poster is trolling. I really hope she isn't serious.

Why wouldn't I be serious? This is a real issue and it's a pain in the butt. The topic is traffic in the mission and I'm having an issue with it.

I have a solution for you make the lazy little chits WALK you will be doing them a favor in the long run quit coddling them like they're made of glass

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”