Disqualify drivers licence for life

Home of the traffic rant.
Wheels

Disqualify drivers licence for life

Post by Wheels »

Referring to this article on Castanet;

".....Malloy is also prohibited from driving for three years.
Court was told Malloy's blood-alcohol level was three to five times the legal limit at the time of the crash. He was also travelling in excess of 140 km/h in a 60 km/h zone.
Gurbinder Aujla, who was driving his son home from hockey practice, was paralyzed from the chest down....."

When is Canada going to catch up with the rest of the world and ban a driver for life! Two years, really? This is causing grevious bodily harm/ maiming with a vehicle... If the victim was killed .....
Intoxicated + driving car while intoxicated + killing victim = vehicular manslaughter. This is not an accident but a deliberate action of wanton abandonment.Governments can easily legislate this! :cuss:
zzontar
Guru

Re: Disqualify drivers licence for life

Post by zzontar »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#180306

Disgusting form of justice as the victim will be paralyzed for life.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Verminator
Board Meister

Post by Verminator »

I felt a surge of rage and sorrow when I read this horrific story. Sorrow that yet another selfish, unfeeling drunk has destroyed an innocent man's life and injured a child, and rage that he's essentially gotten away with. I can almost guarantee that once this scumbag gets out of jail, assuming he even goes there at all, the first things he'll do is celebrate with a few drinks and go for a drive. Driving prohibitions are so useless they're almost laughable. He needs to be locked up and the key thrown away, period. :-X
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin
jimsenchuk
Lord of the Board

Post by jimsenchuk »

I am a firm believer of "1st offense and convicted should result in loss of driving privileges for life", and if a person kills someone while driving intoxicated, he or she should get the same as a murderer would get, 10yrs to life in prison.
The only effective answer to organized greed is organized labor.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”