Parking in the Garage

Home of the traffic rant.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Parking in the Garage

Post by Glacier »

I've always thought that garages were for sissies and pedophiles, but now that I've cleaned out my own garage enough to actually park in it, I'm now a big believer. No sub-zero weather to deal with. No ice. No snow. In addition, parking in the garage at home and underground parking at work means I save the paint and plastic on the vehicle that would normally get destroyed over time by the old Mr. Sun.

It's also nice in the summer when you don't want the inside of your vehicle to be 60C when you get inside. Sure makes the wife happy.

Why was I so stupid all these years (well, it's only been two since I've had a garage) to not utilize the garage space for it's intended purpose?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Re: Parking in the Garage

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Get your stuff off the ground that you dont want salt to damage, and finf out sooner not later where the melt water will run to..
..you are not outa the woods yet..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Buy a good long handled squeegee to push all the slush, sand, grit, and muck out of the garage.

Definitely helps preserve your vehicle for the long term.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Wish I had a garage to park in. How come Glacier gets one? No fair man.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Queen K wrote:Wish I had a garage to park in. How come Glacier gets one? No fair man.

Because I waited until my mid-30s to buy a house? Rented enough places to keep adding and subtracting to my checklist of what to have and not have in a house. No ghetto overhead power lines, no busy street, no lame-ass vinyl siding, no bedroom off of kitchen, yes garage, yes pantry, yes big yard.

It does have a steep driveway so I part at the top if it's snowy. Would just drive to work and park in underground parking there, and let snow fall off. Then only have roads are dry would I park indoors again at home.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I've lived in two war houses and one townhouse, only one of those houses had a garage, and I never used it as a garage.

Oh, and one run down rental apt building, no garage, out front parking though right in front of my door. Unless some *bleep* stole it when I was at work.

So ya, getting a good checklist is valuable, I have one now too. You'd think a garage was at the top of my list when I bought, but affordability for my one income kept garage ambitions in check.

I have an outbuilding that is a sorta garage, but it needs to be remodelled entirely.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

I have two garages and the wife complains because she still has to park outside [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:Get your stuff off the ground that you dont want salt to damage, and finf out sooner not later where the melt water will run to..

Agreed - I make sure to kick the snow/slush/ice off the wheels and flaps before I drive into the garage - yes it means getting out of the car in the driveway *shudder* *brrrr*
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

Fancy wrote:
60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:Get your stuff off the ground that you dont want salt to damage, and finf out sooner not later where the melt water will run to..

Agreed - I make sure to kick the snow/slush/ice off the wheels and flaps before I drive into the garage - yes it means getting out of the car in the driveway *shudder* *brrrr*

I am lucky, there is one of those wash-it-yourself places close to my house. If my car gets a build up of snow and slush on it, I pay a dollar and rinse it off before going home. I hate it when the snow melts in my garage and pools up at the garage door seal.
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Today I wish I was parked in a garage. One hundred percent!
youhavegottobekidding
Fledgling

Post by youhavegottobekidding »

Glacier wrote:I've always thought that garages were for sissies and pedophiles, but now that I've cleaned out my own garage enough to actually park in it, I'm now a big believer. No sub-zero weather to deal with. No ice. No snow. In addition, parking in the garage at home and underground parking at work means I save the paint and plastic on the vehicle that would normally get destroyed over time by the old Mr. Sun.

It's also nice in the summer when you don't want the inside of your vehicle to be 60C when you get inside. Sure makes the wife happy.

Why was I so stupid all these years (well, it's only been two since I've had a garage) to not utilize the garage space for it's intended purpose?

what the heck did you use it for then if not to PARK your vehicle//????
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

youhavegottobekidding wrote:what the heck did you use it for then if not to PARK your vehicle//????

Storing my sh junk tools. Currently, my car is parked outside of the garage because I have the table saw and chop saw set up for doing baseboards. No room for the car.
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Today I parked in the driveway too. Like every day I park in it. Gonna hope forum is right about falling house prices. Garage? Check.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”