Should police publish names of Drinking Drivers ?

Home of the traffic rant.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Re: Should police publish names of Drinking Drivers ?

Post by LTD »

considering cell phones and driving is said to be as big or a bigger problem than drinking and driving do we start shaming them as well they say more crashes are a result of texting than being chitfaced behind the wheel
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

my5cents wrote:
w84u2 wrote:If a person is a junkie and gets caught in possession of drugs and charged with that crime under the CCC, is their a right for the public to be informed of that person's name?

Even if the person isn't a junkie.

It's. public record. You don't have "a right to know" ie, you can't phone the courts and demand to know, but if you know where to look, it's not something that is protected.

OOOoohhh.....I know where to look. Do I really care? NO. The only time I check these days, is to verify information on these forums.
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
DriveSmartBC

Post by DriveSmartBC »

The names are published on a daily basis by the courts themselves:

https://justice.gov.bc.ca/courts/court- ... incial.pdf

You just have to know how to read the lists and that is explained here:

https://justice.gov.bc.ca/courts/court- ... /index.htm
Have you ever met anyone who would admit to being a less than a better than average driver?
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

It's all fun and games until one has been charged while innocent of a crime. Sanction whatever the case is.

People forget why the system is as it is -it's better to let ten guilty go free than to let one innocent man go to jail.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

Drunks have little or no shame. Some deterrent.

I'm all for it if we can also publish the names & addresses of dumb online forum posters, as well. :biggrin:
Your bias suits you.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”