Turning Left Into Capri Mall & BCAA Is Illegal!!!

Home of the traffic rant.
kelowna_proud
Fledgling

Turning Left Into Capri Mall & BCAA Is Illegal!!!

Post by kelowna_proud »

Turning Left from Sutherland into the front of Capri Mall is illegal
Turning Left from Burtch into BCAA is Illegal.

Don't you just hate these people. They make the traffic back up to the intersections or they force drivers behind to become impatient and push them into swerving around into bikes paths and close to pedestrians and other vehicles.

Solution #1 Into Capri. Simply continue left onto Gordon or Follow Gordon into the A&W Entrance
Solution #2 Into BCAA. Turn left onto Harvey and use the Dollar Store Entrance or go ahead further to Kelglen and turn around.

I am picking on seniors this time because when I go into BCAA or the Capri it is 95% seniors. I wish the cops would stand there and slap granma and grandpa with a little lesson once in a while.

http://drivinginstructorblog.com/q-can- ... olid-line/
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Turning Left Into Capri Mall & BCAA Is Illegal!!!

Post by GordonH »

Here's one that pretty sure everyone ignores (just like majority ignore the no lefts at 2 points in your post)
Head down Sutherland towards Richter from the Capri, at Richter there a little sign on traffic light post that indicates no right turns on a red light.
Last edited by GordonH on Jan 26th, 2017, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

If they're crossing a double yellow, it's legal unless they are holding up traffic, in which case it's a violation/ticketable offence.
Last edited by lightspeed on Jan 26th, 2017, 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

lightspeed wrote:If they're crossing a double yellow,?it's legal unless they are holding up traffic, in which case it's a violation/ticketable offence.

Looking via Google street they are both single yellow line.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

GordonH wrote:
lightspeed wrote:If they're crossing a double yellow,?it's legal unless they are holding up traffic, in which case it's a violation/ticketable offence.

Looking via Google street they are both single yellow line.

Same deal. Don't do it if you'll impede traffic.

dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Agree with the above examples, it causes unrequired nasty situations.

Another one is when turning off of Glenmore onto Kane, those that make the mistake of
turning left into the Petro-Can, bunging things up, and creating unwarranted chaos.

People turning right off Glenmore, people turning left off Glenmore.....
and....
Some :cuss: is sitting stopped a few lengths in, maybe even blocked from completing their selfish left turn maneuver !

There is a dedicated Left turn entrance of proper design a few more vehicle lengths ahead.

Use it !

Note:
This is a cross-over type post, It skirts this Thread, but is written in the vane of "Yer An Idiot"
:topic:
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
oko11
Fledgling

Post by oko11 »

kelowna_proud wrote:Turning Left from Sutherland into the front of Capri Mall is illegal

Don't you just hate these people. They make the traffic back up to the intersections or they force drivers behind to become impatient and push them into swerving around into bikes paths and close to pedestrians and other vehicles.

Solution #1 Into Capri. Simply continue left onto Gordon or Follow Gordon into the A&W Entrance
Solution #2 Into BCAA. Turn left onto Harvey and use the Dollar Store Entrance or go ahead further to Kelglen and turn around.

I am picking on seniors this time because when I go into BCAA or the Capri it is 95% seniors. I wish the cops would stand there and slap granma and grandpa with a little lesson once in a while.

Why is this illegal?
kelowna_proud
Fledgling

Post by kelowna_proud »

Wow.....because your turning over a solid yellow line into a business and impeding traffic 99.9% of time in those locations.
oko11
Fledgling

Post by oko11 »

kelowna_proud wrote:Wow.....because your turning over a solid yellow line into a business and impeding traffic 99.9% of time in those locations.

I believe you are wrong. It is legal to make a left turn on a solid single or double line providing it is safe to do so
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

kelowna_proud wrote:Wow.....because your turning over a solid yellow line into a business and impeding traffic 99.9% of time in those locations.

Sadly, not everyone knows the rules of the road and/or how to operate their motor vehicle correctly. Pressing the pedals and basic coordination is about as far as some people get.

dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

I think that whilst "technically" you may be right it would surprise me if anyone was ever ticketed at these locations for their infraction. How many vehicles and for how long are they impeded while the person makes their turn would surely have some bearing on it. If traffic was backed up into the intersection and lights changed and cross traffic was unable to move and we are still waiting for old man snooze to turn then maybe he may get a ticket but i think its highly unlikely. Lets face it there are so many places where you can make a turn which may impede traffic and so many lines on the road that are totally ignored let alone traffic regulation signs and even stop lights that are routinely ignored why would we get any significant policing of these particular issues?

Cruising down the highway today at 70 in the 60 and RCMP alongside me. We get to the 50 section past Gordon and i thought i would slow up, no such action from the cruiser who continued at 70. I was ticketed for 70 in a 50 so clearly some traffic enforcement when they feel the need!!
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

I'm going to turn there just to hold up people that like to cry about people holding them up for 5 or 10 seconds traffic lights must be a real sob for the op lol
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

5 or 10 seconds...its clear LTD has not tried turning there..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

LTD wrote:I'm going to turn there just to hold up people that like to cry about people holding them up for 5 or 10 seconds traffic lights must be a real sob for the op lol

When you consider the overall effect of 30% of people driving like this, crawling through a green light, waiting at a red light to turn right when it's clear, crawling around like they have all week to get to Auntie Susie's, sitting there waiting to turn and missing five 1km long gaps in the traffic, sitting at a green light texting, people who don't know what a green advance arrow means, the people who are utterly overwhelmed at the sight of a four way stop or roundabout, stopping for no reason for invisible or imaginary perils - it all has a negative impact on traffic flow.

You can be part of the solution. Or not.

shordanna

Post by shordanna »

kelowna_proud wrote:Turning Left from Sutherland into the front of Capri Mall is illegal

Turning left from Leckie into Canadian Tyre parking lot is illegal as well, and I honk EVERY chance I get to people who do so both on my full-time job delivering auto parts AND picking up my husband WITH our toddler son from the parking lot opposite Leckie (Safeway side of Leckie), I could literally make a video AND profit of all the absolutely sign-illiterate people in less than a day from both on and off my job, from that single illegal intersection.

That, and the "right-turn-only" intersection out of the Princess Auto/NAPA Auto parking lot onto Spall Rd.

I've actually thought many times of creating a GIF, and posting onto "Shop and Swap" FB groups (as a joke, of course) of every incompetent driver in a single 12 hour day STUPIDLY turning left onto Spall (towards Harvey Ave, not towards Springfield Rd), and captioning the file as follows:

"ISO: bottles and cans;
To start an elementary reading/comprehension class for drivers, all "Learners", "Novice", and "Full"; who legitimately can't (for the life of them, or others'), decipher simplistic signs such as this."

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”