Spandex alert!!

Home of the traffic rant.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Re: Spandex alert!!

Post by Catsumi »

Queenie, you're on the prowl again, aren't you? Looking for that perfect curve of butt cheek, sinewey calves, flashy colors to photo and hold tight at night.

We're all onto you!

:biggrin:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

:chicken:

DAMN, to be caught so fast.....can't get one by Catsumi :runforlife:

In my defense, those photos are for research purposes. :147:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

No pictures yet Queen K ?
cr125
Board Meister

Post by cr125 »

Hey! soon all you spandex wearing people will have the roads all to yourselves! you will finally get your wish ,no traffic.. Notley will raise the price of fuel so no one will be able to afford to drive.
Too bad the price of your tires and tubes will also skyrocket. Remember, anything rubber and plastic is a petroleum product. But take care of them bicycles, cause making one and delivering it will cost a fortune. :up:
spooker

Post by spooker »

cr125 wrote:Hey! soon all you spandex wearing people will have the roads all to yourselves! you will finally get your wish ,no traffic.. Notley will raise the price of fuel so no one will be able to afford to drive.
Too bad the price of your tires and tubes will also skyrocket. Remember, anything rubber and plastic is a petroleum product. But take care of them bicycles, cause making one and delivering it will cost a fortune. :up:

I get a good number of years from a set of tires ... and since they're Schwalbe Marathon Plus tires I might get one flat a year so the tubes last quite a while too ...

Gas prices might make people think about options ... and cyclists love to have more cycling company ...
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Bubalouie wrote:No pictures yet Queen K ?

Not yet. Wait til it gets warmer though. I throw an old camera in the car and will be ready.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
cr125
Board Meister

Post by cr125 »

spooker wrote:
cr125 wrote:Hey! soon all you spandex wearing people will have the roads all to yourselves! you will finally get your wish ,no traffic.. Notley will raise the price of fuel so no one will be able to afford to drive.

I get a good number of years from a set of tires ... and since they're Schwalbe Marathon Plus tires I might get one flat a year so the tubes last quite a while too ...

Gas prices might make people think about options ... and cyclists love to have more cycling company ...

I wonder how we will be maintaining our roads, without the help of a gas tax?
Someone has to be paid to keep the weeds from grow up between the cracks in the road,
spooker

Post by spooker »

cr125 wrote:I wonder how we will be maintaining our roads, without the help of a gas tax?
Someone has to be paid to keep the weeds from grow up between the cracks in the road,

Since when have we depended on the gas tax for road maintenance? The majority of money that goes to roads comes from property tax ...

plus ... without so many cars on the roads the maintenance needs (potholes etc) will be a hundreds of times less

https://streets.mn/2016/07/07/chart-of-the-day-vehicle-weight-vs-road-damage-levels/
cr125
Board Meister

Post by cr125 »

Since when have we depended on the gas tax for road maintenance? The majority of money that goes to roads comes from property tax ...

plus ... without so many cars on the roads the maintenance needs (potholes etc) will be a hundreds of times less

https://streets.mn/2016/07/07/chart-of-the-day-vehicle-weight-vs-road-damage-levels/[/quote]

But most people will lose their jobs because they will be constantly late for work trying to get there on their bicycle. Spandex people waiting and waiting, for a bicycle part or tire to come from back east or where ever , I guess you guys could rideshare? Remember doubling?
No job, No money for property tax, no maintaining the highways.. whos gonna kept the roads clear of all the mudslides from the snow melt?
spooker

Post by spooker »

cr125 wrote:
But most people will lose their jobs because they will be constantly late for work trying to get there on their bicycle. Spandex people waiting and waiting, for a bicycle part or tire to come from back east or where ever , I guess you guys could rideshare? Remember doubling?
No job, No money for property tax, no maintaining the highways.. whos gonna kept the roads clear of all the mudslides from the snow melt?

Being able to use the "quote" feature correctly is helpful in being able to get your message across ...
cr125
Board Meister

Post by cr125 »

spooker wrote:
cr125 wrote:

Being able to use the "quote" feature correctly is helpful in being able to get your message across ...

Maybe so, but those with any common sense would figure it out.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

cr125 wrote:Maybe so, but those with any common sense would figure it out.

Ahhahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

oh......good luck with that !!!!!!!!
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
acrent7

Road bikes

Post by acrent7 »

I'm sure this has been talk about to death but I'm so amazed at how bikers ride in groups and ride side by side ... they aren't even fully in the bike lane or when on roads where there is no bike lane they're still taking up half the road....I was behind a group of them today and there was 3 of them, two side by side on a blind corner ... YES we have to share the road, I understand that but there is also curtesy and safety to follow. I'm sorry but I will not collide with another vehicle head on to avoid you if you're too close to the middle of my lane, it's unfortunate that they will put themselves at risk assuming we will just go around.

I do also believe our roads are crap and most don't have bike lanes, wide enough bike lanes or proper lighting to make it safe for biking. The snow has also been melted for over a month and we still have roads not cleared of sand and gravel in town...
spooker

Re: road bikes

Post by spooker »

WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Re: road bikes

Post by WalterWhite »

Lol - a sure sign it's spring. Complaints of road cyclists and street sweeping. Next up it will be the Harley's and power boat noise - marking the official start of summer.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”