Crash on 97 by Gorman's Chaos!

Home of the traffic rant.
nikonfan
Fledgling

Crash on 97 by Gorman's Chaos!

Post by nikonfan »

How in the world does an accident like this happen? If people would just slow down, get the proper snow tires and drive the conditions. We have been sitting here now for 2 frigging hours because some idiot is incapable of driving. I sure hope there are charges laid and if it were up to me compensation to all of us needlessly stuck sitting here loosing money by the minute. Glad nobody was hurt. Maybe it's time people who are completely incompetent driving should stick to transit!

http://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelow ... Highway-97
Last edited by ferri on Mar 10th, 2017, 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added link to article
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Re: Crash on 97 by Gorman's Chaos!

Post by dogspoiler »

Perhaps if you give the results of your wonderful accident investigation to the RCMP they would be able to clear the road for you.
Black Dogs Matter
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

They say it may be closed until noon.
Black Dogs Matter
wanderer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by wanderer »

I hope everyone involved is ok.

Right there is where cars come speeding off the connector and takes them a minute or two to slow down and watch for other traffic ... add to that slippery conditions watch out.
nikonfan
Fledgling

Post by nikonfan »

Well maybe dogspoiler can enlighten us perhaps on what would cause this on a slippery, snowy, foggy, icy morning. Someone going too fast for the conditions with probably lousy tires. It happens way to much in the Okanagan! Besides you haven't been sitting here since 7:50 this morning having your entire day frigged up!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Castanet reports a semi jack-knifed (in the article).
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Looks like the two trailers were empty..probably slushy at the time..may have hydroplaned...and started the whole deal...is just my guess looking at the pics ..bad conditions out there..
Check the pics on Castanet..
Last edited by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown on Mar 10th, 2017, 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

nikonfan wrote:How in the world does an accident like this happen? If people would just slow down, get the proper snow tires and drive the conditions. We have been sitting here now for 2 frigging hours because some idiot is incapable of driving. I sure hope there are charges laid and if it were up to me compensation to all of us needlessly stuck sitting here loosing money by the minute. Glad nobody was hurt. Maybe it's time people who are completely incompetent driving should stick to transit!

http://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelow ... Highway-97

It appears that the accident was the result of the semi jack knifing and then pushing a concrete barrier into an oncoming SUV.
Therefore, not some idiot who didn't have snow tires...but rather, a professional truck driver who lost control of his rig due to road conditions.
Sort of difficult for consumer goods to be delivered province wide via transit.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

nikonfan wrote:Well maybe dogspoiler can enlighten us perhaps on what would cause this on a slippery, snowy, foggy, icy morning. Someone going too fast for the conditions with probably lousy tires. It happens way to much in the Okanagan! Besides you haven't been sitting here since 7:50 this morning having your entire day frigged up!

I can't enlighten you, because like you I don't know. Investigations are conducted to find out what happened. Strangely enough these investigations can lead to a more accurate assessment than some ones guess,
I am sorry your day is being ruined, It has happened to me too.
Black Dogs Matter
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Its been happening all over BC..#1 is closed a few times a week lately, sometime inmore than one place..
Its winter driving in unusually bad conditions.. Most people are aware of it..
Now it happens to You.....and all of a sudden its call the WAHmbulance...
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I almost look forward to crashes like this because it gets the usual suspects all riled up as they conduct their amazing expert examination of the scene from the comfort of their armchair.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Glacier wrote:I almost look forward to crashes like this because it gets the usual suspects all riled up as they conduct their amazing expert examination of the scene from the comfort of their armchair.

It's interesting to note that the reporters are often just as poorly informed.
Black Dogs Matter
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

dogspoiler wrote:It's interesting to note that the reporters are often just as poorly informed.

The scary thing is that every single time I have intimate knowledge of a situation that makes the news, they get the facts wrong, which means for stories like this where I don't know anything, I'm being fed half truths.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

Glacier wrote:
dogspoiler wrote:It's interesting to note that the reporters are often just as poorly informed.

The scary thing is that every single time I have intimate knowledge of a situation that makes the news, they get the facts wrong, which means for stories like this where I don't know anything, I'm being fed half truths.

You mean "alternate facts", no?
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Sometimes more like an alternate reality.
Black Dogs Matter

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”