Why don't RCMP do a better job enforcing traffic rules?

Home of the traffic rant.
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Re: Why don't RCMP do a better job enforcing traffic rules?

Post by KL3-Something »

LTD wrote:yes because they can be insured for commercial purposes so can cars whats your point pickups are also considered commercial over a certain weight I would think a cop would know this

Oh my....the hostility.

I do know this....and much much more about the MVA and the MVAR.

My "point" was that even if your argument was that "only" commercial vehicles required mud flaps, that by your logic all pickups (including the lifted ones) would still require mud flaps.

However, if you are running a jeep with oversized tires and a suspension lift, you need them too.

This "commercial vehicles only need mud flaps" thing is bunk.

I don't care what your mechanic buddies say.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Question: Is a dealership responsible to keep tires on vehicles that are actually legal to take for a test drive? We were at one recently and the back tire was so smooth we could run our hands on it like it was a countertop. And they were going to let us take it out in the rainy weather. Good thing WE spotted it.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

When I registered a business in Kelowna. I was sold a green tag . It is a commercial vehicle tag . I was wondering why I have to pay that . Seeing as my vehicle is already insured for business purposes
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Queen K wrote:Question: Is a dealership responsible to keep tires on vehicles that are actually legal to take for a test drive? We were at one recently and the back tire was so smooth we could run our hands on it like it was a countertop. And they were going to let us take it out in the rainy weather. Good thing WE spotted it.

I have no idea about the law . However if u crashed with their dealer plate it would be on their insurance . So I don't know if it would make much difference
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

Queen K wrote:Question: Is a dealership responsible to keep tires on vehicles that are actually legal to take for a test drive? We were at one recently and the back tire was so smooth we could run our hands on it like it was a countertop. And they were going to let us take it out in the rainy weather. Good thing WE spotted it.

No. They can't.

Section 222 of the Motor Vehicle Act.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”