The easter bunny and swines

Home of the traffic rant.
speedybeedy

The easter bunny and swines

Post by speedybeedy »

Happy Easter everyone.

It was a beautiful sunny day today, great day to do yard work and get ready to see the Easter bunny come and have some family fun.
So after your done your yard work, lets load up the kids and take the yard waste to the dump, so everything looks good for tomorrows big day.
So as you roll over the crest of the hill on the new dump entrance off Glenmore, there is a sea of BY LAW officers wearing yellow jackets, so we drive on and pull up, they ask you to pull over so they can inspect your load, they say its to make sure that your load is secure, as there is 150.00 fine for not having your load tarped.

Everything I had was bagged and strapped down, but I did receive a warning as they want everything covered in a tarp, regardless if its bagged and strapped.

So the next guy wearing yellow jacket walks up and asked me for my drivers license, I ask him, who are you to be asking me for my drivers license, I'm the RCMP he replies.
I comment, ' what are you doing here asking me for my drivers license, I have not committed a traffic violation, so in my opinion you have no reason to be asking me any personal questions or holding me from going on my way.
He walks around my vehicle as begins to ask me as many questions as possible trying to find something wrong that he can fine me with.

He asks me about my current address on my license, which is different from where I am living at the moment, he then comes back with a 109 dollar fine and says, there you go, your free to go now.

I question the RCMP authority to be standing out there interrogating innocent people that haven't committed an offence, and his right to question me and feast on innocent people at 1.30pm that are simply just driving to the dump on Saturday afternoon.

Vehicles were stacked up and they were handing out fines to everyone for non driving infractions, anything they could find while your vehicle Is not in motion.

I am disgusted at the fact this is allowed to happen and how we can be approached and interrogated by the RCMP with no offence committed while parked on the side of the road talking to a BY LAW officer,

It really makes you wonder what kind of people we have hired with our tax dollars to police our communities, I know I feel a whole lot safer knowing that many non moving traffic violations where handed out today by the RCMP to innocent people heading to the local landfill after doing yard work and trying to keep there properties looking good.

So instead of running into the Easter bunny on this beautiful long weekend, I ended up running in the bunch of s_ _ _ _s.

I often wonder if part of the RCMP application form ask if you have any sort of conscience or good will within you and if you check no, your a shoe in. The RCMP officers out there today should be embarrassed.

I can understand the BY LAW out there educating people on load security at the landfill but the not the RCMP hiding in the background and approaching people once they have pulled over to speak with BY LAW, then try to pin them down for any minor infractions they can dig up.

Im not sure I could stoop that low in life, and go home feeling good about myself after a day doing that.
Last edited by speedybeedy on Apr 16th, 2017, 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Re: The easter bunny and swines

Post by LTD »

then they wonder why people dump their crap in the woods
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

I suggest you don't take up Commercial Carrier for a living then if you
do not like unwarranted scrutiny of your very existence.

Maybe if you weren't lippy with the officer you would have wasted less of your time and money.

I for one am glad they do this to educate the general public about loads safety and security as well
as trailering hook up and licencing infractions.

The amount of morons (not directed at OP) that have no clue of what they are doing with their borrowed, rented or stolen trailers is astounding.
No registrations, improper lighting, half flat or bald tires, shot wheel bearings, wrong size ball
for the hitch and my favorite, safety chain hooked to an electrical wire or tied in a granny knot for securement.

The best way to get the bad ones weeded out is to check them where they congregate, the landfill.

Keep your ducks in a row, they let you go. Simple.

ETA. OP never mentioned trailering at all. Untarped and lippy. Should feel blessed the good
Officer didn't go all Mantler on him then.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

The way people drive around town with unsecured loads is shocking including wannabe tattoos & lift kit "contractors".

OP should've changed the address on his driving license. Simple. Them's the rules for you, me, and all the people.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

dirtybiker wrote:Maybe if you weren't lippy with the officer you would have wasted less of your time and money.

It's all in the attitude and how you treat people.

If the OP treated the officer with a little respect he probably would have gotten a warning for the address infraction as well.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

speedybeedy wrote:I question the RCMP authority to be standing out there interrogating innocent people that haven't committed an offence,..

But didn't you?

Tie it, Strap it, Tarp it
Please be sure to cover and secure your load with a tarp in accordance with local bylaws and to keep our roads safe and clean. Residents that neglect to cover their landfill loads, risk causing debris to fall and create a safety hazard to vehicles driving behind, as well as pedestrians and cyclists who share the road.

The fine for an uncovered or unsecured load is up to $150.
City website
and 3.1.9 a) of the bylaws. Seems pretty clear.

One must change their address within 10 days on their drivers licence or face a fine - that's pretty clear too.
Last edited by Fancy on Apr 16th, 2017, 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Unfortunately the RCMP dont need an infraction to summarily verify documents and vehicle in a regulated activity.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I wouldn't say "unfortunately" as it pays to get some people off the road.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

You've misread fancy. Bylaw warned op about his load, it was the RCMP at the end of the line that imo sounds like he was there to harass people and simply because the op was already "roughed up" by bylaw and didn't know the regs regarding cops g see above) questioned why he was being asked for his license when had done nothing wrong.

The cop gave him a ticket for incorrect address on licence. Chicken $&#! Fine if you ask me, simply because the cop could and used his discretionary power wrongfully and emotionally, like a bully.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I didn't misread and being pleasant instead of confrontational goes a long way. I've been asked for my licence without having done anything wrong and never had an issue with that.

Oh yea - get caught and then cry about it. Do the right thing to start with and there would be no issues.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

You're right,I did. Didn't see the rest of your post regarding address change. Perils of phone posting.

To be hassled when not doing anything wrong by the cops leaves a bad taste is some people's mouths. And I for one think it's abuse of power , to be fined because the cop couldn't professionally control his emotions and "kicked" a guy because he didn't like citizens attitude. Guess what, that's part of the job, to take a little lip. If we have to have trust in these guys act like they're on our side.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

My understanding is that RCMP can ask for proof that you are legally driving at any time.

Specifically - Proof of insurance and drivers license. Am I wrong here?

Oh and BRAVO - wish they'd check for covered loads more often. Tired of dodging debris on Glenmore road.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

What_the wrote:To be hassled when not doing anything wrong by the cops leaves a bad taste is some people's mouths.

Asking for a driver's licence isn't being hassled.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

And now I'll bring up the OP's kids, as it was stated they were present.

What a fine life lesson.

'nuff said !
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Fancy wrote:
What_the wrote:To be hassled when not doing anything wrong by the cops leaves a bad taste is some people's mouths.

Asking for a driver's licence isn't being hassled.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Personally I don't believe that's where a cops salary should be spent when there's child rapists running amok. Some people I guess just like order more than justice.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”