The easter bunny and swines

Home of the traffic rant.
What_the
Übergod

Re: The easter bunny and swines

Post by What_the »

dirtybiker wrote:And now I'll bring up the OP's kids, as it was stated they were present.

What a fine life lesson.

'nuff said !

Yes, don't trust the police and learn two phrases.

Am I free to go?
I want a lawyer.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

I think the point every one is missing the op is trying to make,

-If I get emotional I'm wrong, if a cop does he's justified in using his power against me unjustly.

Dollars to donuts if the first words were thecop identifying himself and said what they were there to do, the op would have complied no problems.

Just because some one standing there is wearing a hi vis vest doesn't mean he's doing his job right.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I ask him, who are you to be asking me for my drivers license, I'm the RCMP he replies.
I comment, ' what are you doing here asking me for my drivers license, I have not committed a traffic violation, so in my opinion you have no reason to be asking me any personal questions or holding me from going on my way.

"nuff said

Saying there are more serious crimes being committed is irrelevant. There are different sections of police that attend to different matters. Police assigned to traffic infractions are doing the jobs they are supposed to be doing.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

Referring to the Police as "swines" says allot about how you roll. :smt045
I suspect the OP's attitude during the encounter had allot to do with how things played out.

Just produce the (lawfully) requested documentation next time and follow the simple rules governing our roads (avoiding the fine).
*We* employ these officers to keep the peace and enforce our laws for our collective safety and well being.
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Fancy wrote:
I ask him, who are you to be asking me for my drivers license, I'm the RCMP he replies.
I comment, ' what are you doing here asking me for my drivers license, I have not committed a traffic violation, so in my opinion you have no reason to be asking me any personal questions or holding me from going on my way.

"nuff said

Saying there are more serious crimes being committed is irrelevant. There are different sections of police that attend to different matters. Police assigned to traffic infractions are doing the jobs they are supposed to be doing.

Quite clearly in my mind the op thought it was by law asking for his license in which case my response would be the same, basically, no. That's the point the cop could have been professional and checked his ego, that arrogance we all comment on when we cross the border. How dare you question me.
That's how they can be at roadside and be thankful you've never come across that guy. They have all the power and know it.

I still can't believe that people think it's acceptable for a professional police officer to throw their weight around based on a frustrated citizen being annoyed and questioning the officer then using power that can't be challenged to get back at that person.

Some people don't care about their rights I suppose,I suppose it's easy until they've been subverted by those sworn "serve and protect".
Let me tell you, it sucks big time.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

And I realize they're different sections. All I'm saying in that regard is I'd rather take that guy s hours and put into online child exploitation than be out on the road handing out chicken shiite tickets.

I already accept the inherent dangers of vehicle travel so can happily deal with one less officer doing traffic and more assigned to violent crime. That's my priority any way
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Leifer wrote:Referring to the Police as "swines" says allot about how you roll. :smt045
I suspect the OP's attitude during the encounter had allot to do with how things played out.

Just produce the (lawfully) requested documentation next time and follow the simple rules governing our roads (avoiding the fine).
*We* employ these officers to keep the peace and enforce our laws for our collective safety and well being.

Do as asked. Be polite. Be very respectful. Probably get away with a bit of slack and discretion that way.

Or be an aas and get penalized for your troubles.

You usually learn this between the ages of 18-21.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

What_the wrote:Quite clearly in my mind the op thought it was by law asking for his license in which case my response would be the same, basically, no. That's the point the cop could have been professional and checked his ego,
Think you have that backwards.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Perhaps, but there s three kinds, boot lickers, those that have their boots licked, and those that begrudgingly lick boots to avoid hassles but walk away with ashes in their mouths and less respect.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Power is given and respect is earned. Nuff said
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

You don't have to "lick boots" or respect the officer to be polite. Being polite is common decency. Do you act like an *bleep* to the clerk at the grocery store until she "earns your respect"?

The attitude is both telling and frightening.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Maybe OP should be a little bit more observant, bylaw officers don't have firearm (at least none I have ever dealt with) or wide yellow stripe on their pants. Since the yellow vest my have been covering RCMP crest.

Sometimes best just to bite your tongue, even if you don't respect RCMP. Otherwise you could be getting fine for pretty minor thing. Case and point what happened to the original poster.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

TylerM4 wrote:You don't have to "lick boots" or respect the officer to be polite. Being polite is common decency. Do you act like an *bleep* to the clerk at the grocery store until she "earns your respect"?

The attitude is both telling and frightening.
metaphor man, metaphor.

I just know what kind of cop this one is. Known cops professionally and roadside. I don't think people realize there's some real jerks out there. And it ain't just a bad Apple. Having said that both sides to be sure.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

When a cop loses his cool it's because he's only human but when a citizen does he deserves to get stomped on.

Now that's frightening and telling
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

What_the wrote: metaphor man, metaphor.

I just know what kind of cop this one is. Known cops professionally and roadside. I don't think people realize there's some real jerks out there. And it ain't just a bad Apple. Having said that both sides to be sure.

Of course it's metaphor. Nobody actually licks boots.

You have no idea who this officer is. You've got about 2 paragraphs from a biased OP with only 1 side of the story. Yet you somehow "Just know what kind of a cop" it was. Your attitude is absolute junk, you have NO IDEA who that cop was or what happened.

The conversation basically started with "Who the F are you" and went downhill. The OP got a legitimate ticket. Yet the cop is somehow rotten. I say he did his job and I applaud him for it.

I'll let you in on a secret - with an attitude like yours, you're going to continue to have problems with RCMP. Smart people adjust their attitude - the others *bleep* off the officer at every interaction then act surprised when the cop treats them with the same lack of respect back. It amazes me that people think they can give a bunch of attitude yet somehow should only get compliments back.

This is the way the world works. *bleep* off the UPS guy, your package gets tossed 15' onto the porch. *bleep* off the fast food worker and you get poor food/service. *bleep* off an RCMP officer, you get a ticket. Complain all you want, blame them all you want... what do you get? You get broken packages, cold food, and traffic tickets for your trouble/attitude. But yeah - keep butting your head against it. You'll get nowhere someday.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”