RV drivers

Home of the traffic rant.
lightspeed
Guru

RV drivers

Post by lightspeed »

For the love of god. Pull over into the right hand lane.

1. You cannot accelerate from the stop lights on Harvey/97 as fast as the cars behind you.
2. You are impeding traffic and holding up several km's of traffic behind you.
3. Learn to drive. See 1 & 2 above. People have a right to go about their business without you holding up traffic.
4. Be considerate towards others. See 1-3 above.

Thank you.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: RV drivers

Post by GordonH »

I get good :laugh: with those that go from daily commute in compact car to driving an RV around.
In some cases these drivers are down right dangerous to themselves & others using the roads.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

GordonH wrote:I get good :laugh: with those that go from daily commute in compact car to driving an RV around.
In some cases these drivers are down right dangerous to themselves & others using the roads.

No doubt. Drive a corolla their whole life then think they can miracously drive a 40 foot diesel pusher pulling a 23 foot boat!
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Happy for you that you have time off... the rest of us have business to attend to.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I tow a 5th wheel and will not go in the left lane unless I have to go around someone slower. I don't think any RV or Truck should be in the left lane unless having to make a turn.

As always everyone should try to be courteous to other drivers but we all know that's not going to happen. lol
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

And for the love of god, also, when you come to the 2 lane passing lane.... don't speed up to a hundred where everyone behind you has speed to 120 to get by you because when the next hill or corner comes, you're doing 60.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Also use pull outs and wide spots to let the 8-10 vehicles behind you go by when there's long stretches of highways with no passing lanes.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I don't know if it's still like this but in Montana and Idaho, the law was that if you were impeding traffic flow on a highway with a slow moving vehicle, you were required to pull over and let the line go by.

In an already congested traffic system that cannot handle the number of cars on it now, RVs add to the problem by slowing it up even more.

My thing has always been why the heck are you out on the road Monday thru Friday during peak traffic flow in the mornings?
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
dsldriver
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by dsldriver »

lightspeed wrote:For the love of god. Pull over into the right hand lane.

1. You cannot accelerate from the stop lights on Harvey/97 as fast as the cars behind you.
2. You are impeding traffic and holding up several km's of traffic behind you.
3. Learn to drive. See 1 & 2 above. People have a right to go about their business without you holding up traffic.
4. Be considerate towards others. See 1-3 above.

Thank you.

Why do you need to accelerate so fast?? Are you late?? leave earlier. If you're not late, then why are you in such a hurry?? Enjoy the drive.

They are not impeding anything. I agree that they should stay to the right, but really they might be faster than some of the traffic thhat is on the right.

Your welcome. :biggrin:
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

dsldriver wrote:They are not impeding anything.

You really have no clue, do you.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

One more thing: These people are on freakin HOLIDAYS, do they HAVE TO BE on the road during the morning commute?
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Bleach
Fledgling

Post by Bleach »

kgcayenne wrote:One more thing: These people are on freakin HOLIDAYS, do they HAVE TO BE on the road during the morning commute?

Not all of them, some are just delivering the units. I had a buddy that did that for a living.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

kgcayenne wrote:One more thing: These people are on freakin HOLIDAYS, do they HAVE TO BE on the road during the morning commute?

If you do the right things on the road it doesn't matter to me when they're there. They are for the most part on holidays, let them enjoy it and get an early start.
I do get annoyed by RV's in the faster lane with little get up and go but there's also tractor trailers doing the same thing passing other tractor trailers that take FOREVER!!! that's annoying, it's like a race between two turtles and one has an empty stomach.

Coupling these driving habits with the ultra crappy attitudes in the Okanagan and it's a recipe for disaster.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Gixxer wrote:Also use pull outs and wide spots to let the 8-10 vehicles behind you go by when there's long stretches of highways with no passing lanes.

Because there are not near enough of those available. There are not enough rest stops either!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Depending on what the next destination is they need an early start or they will miss happy hour. :D

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”