Springfield Speedway

Home of the traffic rant.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Springfield Speedway

Post by Dizzy1 »

GordonH wrote:Makes one wonder which direction will the city go:
More officers or cameras

I thought speed cameras were still a no-no in BC?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Makes one wonder which direction will the city go:
More officers or cameras

Dizzy1 wrote:I thought speed cameras were still a no-no in BC?

Well, since the government who brought in photo-radar is back.... who knows what could happen (not stretch for stationary camera). As well CoK is not about to hire more traffic police.....
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

if the new government wishes to stick around for a while it wont happen
ktowner
Fledgling

Post by ktowner »

Out of total curiosity how do I "ride the wave" and drive 50 when someone pulls up on Gerstmar and within 10 seconds triggers the sensor so the light goes red for me coming down Springfield. The ride the wave thing is a joke, I'd rather do 75 like everyone else.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

LTD wrote:if the new government wishes to stick around for a while it wont happen

Well, don't expect any changes to that area speeders. Clearly CoK is not about to hire more traffic police officers, so that more patrols would happen.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
ktowner
Fledgling

Post by ktowner »

GordonH wrote:
LTD wrote:if the new government wishes to stick around for a while it wont happen

Well, don't expect any changes to that area speeders. Clearly CoK is not about to hire more traffic police officers, so that more patrols would happen.

I spent 5 days in the lower mainland all over the place and saw barely any police officers. Come to Kelowna and I can barely drive 10 blocks without seeing one.... Most over policed city in BC.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ nothing will change on that part of Springfield (until someone gets hit), once you hit the mall everything slows down (depending on the time of day).
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

ktowner wrote:
I spent 5 days in the lower mainland all over the place and saw barely any police officers. Come to Kelowna and I can barely drive 10 blocks without seeing one.... Most over policed city in BC.

No it's not. Not even close.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

johnny24 wrote:
ktowner wrote:

No it's not. Not even close.

It's true. But that's because we have more Timmie's per RCMP Member capita

:biggrin:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

ktowner wrote:I spent 5 days in the lower mainland all over the place and saw barely any police officers. Come to Kelowna and I can barely drive 10 blocks without seeing one.... Most over policed city in BC.

Maybe you meant to say least policed in BC?

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/85-225-x/2 ... 19-eng.htm

http://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/58 ... protection
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

I would like to see some walled freeways built in kelowna . No lights just go .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

KL3-Something wrote:The only way to get them to increase the number of dedicated traffic members is to complain.

And increase taxes. Just to clarify.

TBH I don't see speeding being a top-tier traffic issue in Kelowna. Not compared to drivers who are cluelessly unaware of their surroundings and/or drive too slow/defensively. Let alone basic congestion. And definitely not compared to other cities I've been to & lived in. This place is freakin' Tamesville Central, dominated by clueless airheads & over-cautious bluehairs. Many of which post (whine) here.
Your bias suits you.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”