Close Call by Logan Lake

Home of the traffic rant.
dle
Lord of the Board

Close Call by Logan Lake

Post by dle »

Allan the trucker posted this:

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#201875

If the cops have seen this video they will be able to get the license #. I expect them to do that, and I expect them to charge the driver with dangerous driving or whatever is applicable. If, as I suspect, the driver will say "prove it was me driving" and if they can't, then the owner of the vehicle must be charged. Chances are he is the owner anyway. No, I do not know what charge would apply here but the owner is responsible for his vehicle and if he chooses to lend it to someone with the IQ of a head of lettuce, well that's their call - they are still responsible for their vehicle.

If the cops haven't seen this video, I hope Allan turns it in to them. Again, I expect the cops to charge the dangerous driver/owner of the vehicle. We need to get this kind of crap off the roads every time we can.

Now I'll tell you why. This *bleep* could have caused at least 3 deaths, the semi-drive, the pick-up driver, and his own selfish stupid being. The fact that he got away with it THIS TIME is no excuse. We all have friends family on those roads and that blithering *bleep* will probably do it again and next time won't be so lucky - and maybe our friends and family members will pay the price.

He doesn't deserve a license. A license to drive is a privilege, not a right and losing it for a stunt like this should be automatic.

Notice the solid line; he wasn't just passing when it wasn't safe to do so, he was ignoring the law that states he can't.

The cops need to follow up on this and make sure charges are laid. :-X
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Close Call by Logan Lake

Post by Dizzy1 »

dle wrote:Notice the solid line; he wasn't just passing when it wasn't safe to do so, he was ignoring the law that states he can't.

Umm, notice the broken line on their side of the road before the solid line? Given the type of vehicle they were driving and the length of the truck being passed, I'm pretty sure they started their pass before the solid line - which would have made the pass (in that aspect) legal, extremely poorly judged no doubt, but legal.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Regardless of the lines, it still must be "safe to do so".
It wasn't safe to completely effect the pass.
Hence, doods a moron.
A live one, but a moron nonetheless.
Unfortunately, live morons often create dead non morons.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

That was illegal pass, for it to have been a legal pass the dotted line would have been on same side as the one passing.

Double solid line (illegal to pass in either direction)
Single solid line with dots on the right (legal to pass the Semi, if save to do so)
Single solid line with dots on the left (as in the video illegal to pass the Semi)
Double dotted lines (legal to pass in either direction if save to do so)

Added later: some drivers may need to re-read drivers manual.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Dizzy1 wrote:
dle wrote:Notice the solid line; he wasn't just passing when it wasn't safe to do so, he was ignoring the law that states he can't.

Umm, notice the broken line on their side of the road before the solid line? Given the type of vehicle they were driving and the length of the truck being passed, I'm pretty sure they started their pass before the solid line - which would have made the pass (in that aspect) legal, extremely poorly judged no doubt, but legal.

Nope, not legal Dizzy1 - the solid yellow line is on the offenders side - illegal to pass
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Watch the video from the beginning and pay very close attention. When the video starts - the broken line is on the "offenders" side.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
stevemic
Fledgling

Post by stevemic »

ya but you need to be back in before the broken lines end
You can say whatever you please,
as long as the Mods agree
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

Just another self important *bleep* who thinks their time is worth more than everyone's else's lives.
"Outa my way b*tches! I need to be somewhere 10 minutes faster than everyone else!"
I don't think a ticket would suffice with someone this reckless and stupid. Maybe drag them into a ditch and deliver a beating they won't remember? :up: :up:
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
Not PC

Post by Not PC »

stevemic wrote:ya but you need to be back in before the broken lines end

Incorrect. Once the pass is started, it is allowed to continue to a double solid within reason.

However, this jag-off should be charged with dangerous driving.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

stevemic wrote:ya but you need to be back in before the broken lines end

Can you cite that please
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Have to wonder, and betting, that the truck driver sped up as soon as the straight stretch started, like they pretty much all do. Forcing the guy to start to pass and accelerate beyond and being safe. The in coming car was already moving to the side.

Nope, not buying the video in context provided.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

And sorry op, I don't at all abide by your registered owner thoughts. You'd be the first to take personal responsibility position. That's how it works, when its someone else, blame them.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

What_the wrote:Have to wonder, and betting, that the truck driver sped up as soon as the straight stretch started, like they pretty much all do. Forcing the guy to start to pass and accelerate beyond and being safe. The in coming car was already moving to the side.

That's the problem with dash Cams - especially the ones who regularly upload their videos on YouTube. If you watch carefully enough, they're driving habits instigate a lot of situations in order to shame other drivers.

Not saying that's the case with this video.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

What_the wrote:Have to wonder, and betting, that the truck driver sped up as soon as the straight stretch started, like they pretty much all do. Forcing the guy to start to pass and accelerate beyond and being safe. The in coming car was already moving to the side.

Dizzy1 wrote:That's the problem with dash Cams - especially the ones who regularly upload their videos on YouTube. If you watch carefully enough, they're driving habits instigate a lot of situations in order to shame other drivers.

Not saying that's the case with this video.

So if both you guys check the video you will see that when the car starts to pass the semi is doing 97 Kmh and slows slightly to 95 Kmh. That speed is plenty fast enough. Just another impatient dick, probably from the Central Okanagan. Lord knows we have enough of them.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Anonymous123 wrote:
So if both you guys check the video you will see that when the car starts to pass the semi is doing 97 Kmh and slows slightly to 95 Kmh. That speed is plenty fast enough. Just another impatient dick, probably from the Central Okanagan. Lord knows we have enough of them.

Read the last sentence in my post please.

Also, I'm curious to where are all the Dudley Doo Rights are in regards to shaming the trucker for doing 97kmh in a 90kmh zone.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”