Close Call by Logan Lake

Home of the traffic rant.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Re: Close Call by Logan Lake

Post by WalterWhite »

What_the wrote:Have to wonder, and betting, that the truck driver sped up as soon as the straight stretch started, like they pretty much all do. Forcing the guy to start to pass and accelerate beyond and being safe. The in coming car was already moving to the side.

Nope, not buying the video in context provided.

I don't care what the truck driver did in your ridiculous, make-believe scenario - nothing excuses passing on a blind curve with a solid yellow.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

WalterWhite wrote:
I don't care what the truck driver did in your ridiculous, make-believe scenario - nothing excuses passing on a blind curve with a solid yellow.

Pay attention to the video before posting - the driver had a broken line when they initiated the pass.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

If the black pickup had not been able pull off to side of the road, there would have head-on collision. Maybe even involving the Semi as well.

Again passing near blind curve is extremely stupid, mini van driver was damn lucky the pickup seen & took action to prevent a head-on.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Nobody has to care about my "ridiculous make believe scenarios" lol as if its never happened to you, I'm generally devils advocate around here.

The vid editing and story is just a little convenient and typical of agenda pushers.

But of what's also typical around here is to take comments out of context And/or pick words and twist them in one's favour during counterattack.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

It just strikes me that truck driver seeing all this unfold didn't move one inch or brake heavy to get the guy into his lane sooner to help prevent a head on. Just plodded along taping and then swearing .

And since people don't like to follow conversations. I never defended the driver in question, I offered an alternate situation to explain why he was unsafe.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

What_the wrote:Nobody has to care about my "ridiculous make believe scenarios" lol as if its never happened to you, I'm generally devils advocate around here.

The vid editing and story is just a little convenient and typical of agenda pushers.

But of what's also typical around here is to take comments out of context And/or pick words and twist them in one's favour during counterattack.

Not sure what I took out of context or twisted around. Put up whatever hypothetical versions you want - does not alter the fact it was an unsafe time and place to pass. If a semi needs to slow and/or move into the shoulder while oncoming traffic must do the same - then maybe it's time to consider the fact it was unsafe to pass. No agenda, just not accepting your version - betting or not.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

I'll offer your reply as evidence of not following conversations.
I didn't quote you though the
first part of that post was directed at you. To which ill ask- have you never had to follow a semi truck on our mountainous roads where in corners down to 50-60 for 30 min and then straightaways/ passing lanes they speed up to 90-100?
No? That's never happened? Every single trip I've made on hwy 3 or 5 for the last 20 years it's happened (more or less). The courtesy I was referring.

The other part of my post was directed at those who know
Damn well to which I'm referring.

That's what's known as following the conversation. Knowing the flow of a thread and not pulling a single sentence or word out.

"Forcing"- he knew well exactly what I meant. Just being an internet warrior exacting what I just said above. Exactly. Unless I was debating with a16 year old whom has no experience driving, then his opinion isn't based on reality of what happens on mountainous roads.

People that post videos are like those that post reviews on Google, negatively- Mostly full of #### . They Have an axe to grind, hyper sanctimonious and agendized flavour where their stool don't stink.

That's the vibe I get from this video.

If this trucker want ed to show the truth? He works have included 30 seconds before and after.

Again, didn't move over, didn't brake, did F all except post a video where his story is suspect.

Sorry
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Well, I certainly can't follow that conversation, whatever or whoever it's about. I'll simply repeat myself as there's not much more to say - if your decision to pass a vehicle, particularly something as large as a semi, results in other motorists having to take evasive actions of any kind for you to complete your pass - you've passed when it's unsafe to do so - end of story.
JBX
Fledgling

Post by JBX »

What_the wrote:
JBX wrote:Pathetic, how little his life must mean to him to drive like that.

Every since I moved to the okanagan I have been stunned by the level of compete and utter retardation on the roads here, and I came from big truck oil country.

Cops should start pulling licenses and knee capping some of these idiots on the spot.

Lol. Oil country... where the roads are straight as far as the dog runs

Yup, I'm a dick. :130:

Tractor trailer down lease roads in -45 or rain filled mudslides up hills and around blind corners all night long.
Still managed to see a few idiot locals running fill tilt but nothing like here, ON FOUR LANE ROADS!
:)
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Hear ya^^ (for what you're saying)
Thanks for following the convo and taking my comments in context.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

WalterWhite wrote:Well, I certainly can't follow that conversation, whatever or whoever it's about. I'll simply repeat myself as there's not much more to say - if your decision to pass a vehicle, particularly something as large as a semi, results in other motorists having to take evasive actions of any kind for you to complete your pass - you've passed when it's unsafe to do so - end of story.

Only people that think the world is black and white, say, end of story. It's never that simple. Others influence our actions, thoughts and feelings.

You're free to think otherwise, life has taught me different.

Why I've offered my thoughts on this few seconds of video.

I don't buy what this guy (video) is selling.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”