SLOW - baby deer

Home of the traffic rant.
D machine

SLOW - baby deer

Post by D machine »

To the person who has taken the time to put up and maintain the "Slow - baby deer" signs on Bear Creek road - you are awesome! To the people who speed through this West Kelowna Estates neighbourhood as if it is a highway or speedway - you are not awesome. Please respect our neighbourhood and slow down - families, children, pets and wildlife all live here.
lightspeed
Guru

Re: SLOW - baby deer

Post by lightspeed »

D machine wrote:To the person who has taken the time to put up and maintain the "Slow - baby deer" signs on Bear Creek road - you are awesome! To the people who speed through this West Kelowna Estates neighbourhood as if it is a highway or speedway - you are not awesome. Please respect our neighbourhood and slow down - families, children, pets and wildlife all live here.

I saw that sign - superb :up:
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
strebor

Post by strebor »

I'm sorry, But if I ever see a baby deer or any deer for that matter, im speeding up! Remember, the deer hit you! :cuss: ICBC.
lol joking... I could never hit Bambi. I've swerved hard before dodging one of these little buggers
Last edited by ferri on Aug 19th, 2017, 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: word censor workaround
BigBearBruno
Fledgling

Post by BigBearBruno »

D machine wrote:To the person who has taken the time to put up and maintain the "Slow - baby deer" signs on Bear Creek road - you are awesome! To the people who speed through this West Kelowna Estates neighbourhood as if it is a highway or speedway - you are not awesome. Please respect our neighbourhood and slow down - families, children, pets and wildlife all live here.

It's amazing how many idiots in Kelowna feel they need to speed. As if those extra seconds will make all the difference. There's never an excuse for speeding. If you're late for something it's your own fault. Own up to it and deal. Don't feel you suddenly had the right to speed because you made yourself late.
Just called me Triple B.
Bigger, Badder, Better than you!
strebor

Post by strebor »

BigBearBruno wrote:

It's amazing how many idiots in Kelowna feel they need to speed. As if those extra seconds will make all the difference. There's never an excuse for speeding. If you're late for something it's your own fault. Own up to it and deal. Don't feel you suddenly had the right to speed because you made yourself late.

I agree. The people who think they're getting ahead by speeding are only going to be stopped by the next red light. I see it all the time. Its not worth speeding in this city. I used to speed myself but have since changed my ways. Not worth the headache, the self centered drivers are always going to be there.
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

strebor wrote:I'm sorry, But if I ever see a baby deer or any deer for that matter, im speeding up! Remember, the deer hit you! :cuss: ICBC.
lol joking... I could never hit Bambi. I've swerved hard before dodging one of these little buggers

Don't ever swerve hard to avoid hitting a deer. You risk causing a much more serious accident than hitting a deer.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

Bunnyhop wrote:Don't ever swerve hard to avoid hitting a deer. You risk causing a much more serious accident than hitting a deer.

Actually the slow baby deer are easy to avoid. Now the quick baby deer are a bit harder. :sosorry:
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Rider59 wrote:
Bunnyhop wrote:Don't ever swerve hard to avoid hitting a deer. You risk causing a much more serious accident than hitting a deer.

Actually the slow baby deer are easy to avoid. Now the quick baby deer are a bit harder. :sosorry:

SLOW CHILDREN CROSSING
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
kelowna_proud
Fledgling

Post by kelowna_proud »

So what is the speed limit the resident is asking I go? I have gone down residential streets going 40-50 km/h and people scream there freakin heads off at me to slow down?

WHAT IS THE REQUIRED SPEED TO WATCH OUT FOR BABY DEER???
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Faster Kids are much harder to hit, same with Deer.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

lightspeed wrote:
SLOW CHILDREN CROSSING

Ha, this is what I have been continually thinking about in this thread......remember decades ago when the gradual transition when from *bleep* to slow to special to differently-abled etc.
I get a chuckle every time I pass a sign like the one above and wonder if it's the parents that are "slow" or if they really think their kids are.
You and 71 others Like this post
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

BigBearBruno wrote:

there are no traffic lights on bear creek rd and so speed makes a huge difference in time. It is only a non issue where there are traffic lights
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

kelowna_proud wrote:So what is the speed limit the resident is asking I go? I have gone down residential streets going 40-50 km/h and people scream there freakin heads off at me to slow down?

If you drove 50km/h down my road, I'd throw a rock at your car.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

50km/hr is the limit. Teach your kids to watch out
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

kelowna_proud wrote:So what is the speed limit the resident is asking I go? I have gone down residential streets going 40-50 km/h and people scream there freakin heads off at me to slow down?

Always err on the side of caution. 50 is sometimes too fast for many residential areas and the speed has been/is being changed to lower speeds. 30 and 40 is not uncommon and just because there is a maximum doesn't negate the driver's responsibility to drive according to situations.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”