Road Rage again

Home of the traffic rant.
staceman

Road Rage again

Post by staceman »

I am a very good driver! I have a Alberta license plate. I hav[quote][/quote]e experienced the most rude and at times scary road rage. I feel like a terrorist looking to take over "The Okanagan " As we see in our world we take 1 person or group and decide for yourself how to fix us!! This summer I have been shown the finger, talgated, screamed at, obscenities used...I don't know what to do. I live here, buy groceries, gas, contributing to your economics. Without us this summer Really...who comes here despite flood, fires,smoke etc.
Take your redneck Okanagan attitude and move to Alberta you'll fit right in!9
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Re: Road Rage again

Post by Temet Nosce »

The only thing you can do is get out of their way when possible, avoid eye contact, and ignore the obscenities and consider a dash cam if you don’t already have one. Hyper-aggressive people who engage in road rage behavior often engage in other anti social behavior and hold distorted rationalizations to justify their outrageous behavior. The only way to deal with that in a potentially dangerous situation is to avoid and ignore. I know not a very comforting response… sorry about that. Unfortunately I think your frustration is valid and some do make gross generalizations from carelessly selected evidence about “Alberta drivers” (my guess they also do that about many other groups as well).
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by NotNorthAnymore »

I would suggest the first thing you do is stop making yourself a target.
Get rid of the AB plate and get BC plate.
If you live here you need to have BC plates.
Just IMO
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

staceman wrote:I am a very good driver! I have a Alberta license plate. I hav
e experienced the most rude and at times scary road rage. I feel like a terrorist looking to take over "The Okanagan " As we see in our world we take 1 person or group and decide for yourself how to fix us!! This summer I have been shown the finger, talgated, screamed at, obscenities used...I don't know what to do. I live here, buy groceries, gas, contributing to your economics. Without us this summer Really...who comes here despite flood, fires,smoke etc.

You have 30 days once you move to bc to change your plate to an BC plate.

http://www.icbc.com/autoplan/moving-ins ... fault.aspx
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

staceman wrote:I am a very good driver! I have a Alberta license plate. I hav
e experienced the most rude and at times scary road rage. I feel like a terrorist looking to take over "The Okanagan " As we see in our world we take 1 person or group and decide for yourself how to fix us!! This summer I have been shown the finger, talgated, screamed at, obscenities used...I don't know what to do. I live here, buy groceries, gas, contributing to your economics. Without us this summer Really...who comes here despite flood, fires,smoke etc.

you are probably not as good as a driver as you think
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

gman313 wrote:
you are probably not as good as a driver as you think[/quote]

Most aren't....never justifies acts of road rage.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Maybe it just me, I've noticed growing troubling trend happening here in central Okanagan.

Road rage, its always been around. It appears to have taken growth spurt in last couple of years.

Fair warning to those who do this, I do have a dash cam & I will give the RCMP any video
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

gman313 wrote:
you are probably not as good as a driver as you think

This. Nobody gets that much abuse unless they're driving like a donkey/snail/idiot.

I advise relocation back to AB.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Rest assured.........if it is a jacked-up truck that is speeding, running red lights, not signaling lane changes it is usually an Alberta plate. The drivers of these trucks almost always wear tank-tops (wife-beater white), baseball caps and an abundance of tasteless tattoos to come across as tough. I rarely see an Alberta car that is not driving in a civilized manner but when they do it will usually be an Audi, BMW or Mercedes..........daddy's money in most cases since too many of them are unemployed or too stupid to work.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

lesliepaul wrote:Rest assured.........if it is a jacked-up truck that is speeding, running red lights, not signaling lane changes it is usually an Alberta plate. The drivers of these trucks almost always wear tank-tops (wife-beater white), baseball caps and an abundance of tasteless tattoos to come across as tough.

Add white sunglasses.....
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
jsytnick
Board Meister

Post by jsytnick »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 2nd, 2017, 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal attack
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

I wish there were more people getting dragged out of/off of their vehicles
and getting some well deserved cuffs upside the head.
Or having their vehicles instantly taken out of service through multiple deflated tires or a fire extinguisher
being discharged inside it.
A padlock clicked over a drive chain or belt (motorcycles)
And then not going crying to the authorities claiming assault or vandalism.

The people that do the stupidest, most dangerous acts of driving violations know full well
what they are doing (imo) but with no deterents, will continue to do so.

The Police do nothing about the day to day crap that goes on but, rather focus on high profile stings
out where there is less congestion, therefore less risks.

It used to be way different here, one little driving transgression used to get you stopped and
fined for any myriad of offences.

Now it is a free for all with little or no risk of fines or bloody noses.

Bringing back the risks of ^^^ is better education than a photo op sting operation ! (again, imo)
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/205985 ... ns-violent

This is going to become seen much more often, I see it in the faces of some drivers on the roads today built up anger.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I live here, buy groceries, gas, contributing to your economics

You live here in the Okanogan , which is here in BRITISH COLUMBIA , but have Alberta plates ??

Tell me again that you "contribute to our economics " ?
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”