Tire Manufacturers Reducing Tire Life

Home of the traffic rant.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Re: Tire Manufacturers Reducing Tire Life

Post by TylerM4 »

Catsumi wrote: In my next incarnation I will elect to be a male, unless the tide has turned. You guys never ever get ripped off, do you?

Glad you found a trustworthy place. If it helps at all - being male doesn't mean you won't get taken advantage of. It just means it's a little less likely. Learnt a few hard lessons in my younger years. Youtube/internet has been a huge enabler for me.

Time to google "Mad Pooper" :up:
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

A pal of mine from Okotoks told me that her Mercedes now has a brand new set of Nokia (?) tires that have been selling like crazy in Alberta.

No switching tires twice a year for her anymore
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Catsumi wrote:A pal of mine from Okotoks told me that her Mercedes now has a brand new set of Nokia (?) tires that have been selling like crazy in Alberta.

I've been using the Nokian all weather tires for 5 years now. Love 'em.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Catsumi wrote:A pal of mine from Okotoks told me that her Mercedes now has a brand new set of Nokia (?) tires that have been selling like crazy in Alberta.

More tire manufacturers are making All Weather Tires i.e Toyo Celsius
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

TylerM4 wrote:
Drag tires are a great example - ever wondered why they do those big burnouts? It's to provide heat that you claim results in less traction.

Ever wonder why those big burnouts are done on a pool of water?

The main purpose of a burnout is to get rid of debris off of the tire and clean it up. The tire's temperature drops significantly between the time they clean the tires (burnout) and the time they stage the car for racing.

As for the degraded performance of using dedicated winter tires in the summer time, the video I posted earlier provides a good insight on why its not a good idea - but hey, anyone wanna run summers during the winter or winters during the summer :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”