Traffic light

Home of the traffic rant.

Re: Traffic light

Postby Grandan » Dec 13th, 2017, 2:38 pm

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:That is what I was thinking the new light on Cambro and Sexsmith was installed this year and will hook up to the highway south of there.
If all goes to plan, then eventually this will go thru to the airport Quail Ridge road, and keep traffic to local business off 97 at Reid's Corner.
Is there only 2 of us on here that know about this.,?

Hollywood Road extension will ultimately allow you to drive from Rutland to UBCO without using Hwy 97 at all.
It will also allow a connection to John Hindle Dr to permit traffic to bypass the dipsy doodle through Sexsmith and Valley Road N.
Long overdue in my opinion. This has been in the OCP for at least 20 years.
Projects like Lakeshore Road jumped the queue to get ahead of other projects.
Waste not
Grandan
Übergod

Liked in: 621 posts

Postby just popping in » Dec 13th, 2017, 3:10 pm

just popping in
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 359 posts

Postby GordonH » Dec 13th, 2017, 3:15 pm

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:That is what I was thinking the new light on Cambro and Sexsmith was installed this year and will hook up to the highway south of there.
If all goes to plan, then eventually this will go thru to the airport Quail Ridge road, and keep traffic to local business off 97 at Reid's Corner.
Is there only 2 of us on here that know about this.,?

Grandan wrote:Hollywood Road extension will ultimately allow you to drive from Rutland to UBCO without using Hwy 97 at all.
It will also allow a connection to John Hindle Dr to permit traffic to bypass the dipsy doodle through Sexsmith and Valley Road N.
Long overdue in my opinion. This has been in the OCP for at least 20 years.
Projects like Lakeshore Road jumped the queue to get ahead of other projects.

Grandan those traveling to south Glenmore area will still use Sexsmith & Valley rd to get to were they are going. Those heading to north Glenmore area will be taking John Hindle Dr (no guarantee on this one though) .
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6098 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Previous

Return to Trials & Tribulations of Traffic