47008

What the heck is Wrong with People ? ? ?

Home of the traffic rant.

Re: What the heck is Wrong with People ? ? ?

Postby dirtybiker » Dec 29th, 2017, 11:30 am

Bsuds wrote: when you see someone breaking the law that you wish a Cop was there.


And when you fudge the rules yourself and hope they are not.... [icon_lol2.gif]

"you" to be taken generically...Freakn' disclaimers on everything....yeeech !! :cuss:
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
dirtybiker
Guru
 
Posts: 5656
Likes: 3553 posts
Liked in: 2069 posts
Joined: Mar 8th, 2008, 6:00 pm
Location: Central OK

Re: What the heck is Wrong with People ? ? ?

Postby Piecemaker » Dec 29th, 2017, 1:51 pm

Not all police officers are on traffic duty. That is why sometimes they don't seem to care about some driving infractions.
I do agree though that people who do not have their windows and vehicles adequately cleaned off should be ticketed and then forced to clean them off before resuming their journey. It is absolutely unsafe.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 11458
Likes: 1954 posts
Liked in: 1497 posts
Joined: Jun 6th, 2007, 7:43 pm
Location: Kelowna

Re: What the heck is Wrong with People ? ? ?

Postby dogspoiler » Dec 31st, 2017, 11:53 am

UltraViolet wrote:Another area of concern, which is my ultimate favorite next to speeding down a residential road, or running stop signs...
Are the number of lazy axe morons who can't even clean the snow off their vehicles before putting it in drive!
Get in, start the engine....sit inside, watch the wipers sweep some of the snow off, think man it's cold......
Oh, that will be good enough, the snow will blow off when I'm driving 70 in a 50 zone!

Just look at all the hundreds of vehicles driving around with snow on the roofs and windows!
Years ago, people would get ticketed for this, now safety means nothing, and the RCMP's new motto is to make Kelowna the safest City that it can be.......Guess what.....it's an RCMP fail because cops don't care about safety.

If the RCMP actually cared about safety, they would be Pro-active, and maybe help prevent accidents by getting nutcases put in their place. As it is, it's an anything goes City, full of every kind of nutcase!


A few years ago we had a stretch of snowing, thawing, freezing, snowing over the course of a week. I was going down the highway and a Semi had pulled out of a truck lot in front of me. The trailer had obviously been parked for a while and had about 18 inches of compact snow and ice on top of it. I stayed well back and waited to change lanes to pass as I did not like the look of the snow load. We got up to highway speed and the trailer hit a bit of a bump. The whole load of snow flew off the trailer right in front of me. I could not swerve or stop because of other vehicles, but I happened to be driving my jacked up 4x4 so I just plowed right through the mess and continued on my merry way. If someone in a small vehicle had been following closely they would have been smashed and buried by over two tons of snow and ice.
Just one more thing to keep in mind out there.

5 people like this post.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 16133
Likes: 219 posts
Liked in: 2134 posts
Joined: Feb 20th, 2009, 3:32 am

Re: What the heck is Wrong with People ? ? ?

Postby dirtybiker » Dec 31st, 2017, 12:05 pm

^^^^ Yes. something everyone should be wary of^^^

It is my firm belief that systems should be put in place at several
pertinent locations so that this could be dealt with, without
putting the operators at risk of a fall.
It should be Industry Standard around the globe.

One fine example
.https://scrapersystems.com/
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
dirtybiker
Guru
 
Posts: 5656
Likes: 3553 posts
Liked in: 2069 posts
Joined: Mar 8th, 2008, 6:00 pm
Location: Central OK

Re: What the heck is Wrong with People ? ? ?

Postby gsc » Dec 31st, 2017, 1:00 pm

dirtybiker wrote:^^^^ Yes. something everyone should be wary of^^^

It is my firm belief that systems should be put in place at several
pertinent locations so that this could be dealt with, without
putting the operators at risk of a fall.
It should be Industry Standard around the globe.

One fine example
.https://scrapersystems.com/


I have seen a few youtube videos of that scraper system and they seem to work great. They should have them at many of the trucker stops.
You don't need my help looking stupid! Your doing a wicked job at that your self.

You just started a war you won't win. Hope it was worth it.
User avatar
gsc
Board Meister
 
Posts: 420
Likes: 608 posts
Liked in: 315 posts
Joined: Nov 28th, 2010, 9:06 pm
Location: Kelowna B.C.

Re: What the heck is Wrong with People ? ? ?

Postby lightspeed » Dec 31st, 2017, 1:46 pm

gsc wrote:
dirtybiker wrote:^^^^ Yes. something everyone should be wary of^^^

It is my firm belief that systems should be put in place at several
pertinent locations so that this could be dealt with, without
putting the operators at risk of a fall.
It should be Industry Standard around the globe.

One fine example
.https://scrapersystems.com/


I have seen a few youtube videos of that scraper system and they seem to work great. They should have them at many of the trucker stops.



They should but someone wearing sandals would probably destroy it on day one.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

dirtybiker likes this post.
User avatar
lightspeed
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2505
Likes: 3948 posts
Liked in: 1938 posts
Joined: Jan 13th, 2016, 9:58 am
Location: Vulgaria

Re: What the heck is Wrong with People ? ? ?

Postby dle » Dec 31st, 2017, 3:18 pm

Piecemaker wrote:Not all police officers are on traffic duty. That is why sometimes they don't seem to care about some driving infractions.
I do agree though that people who do not have their windows and vehicles adequately cleaned off should be ticketed and then forced to clean them off before resuming their journey. It is absolutely unsafe.


Of course, makes sense....guess I should've thought of that myself!
dle
Board Meister
 
Posts: 569
Likes: 336 posts
Liked in: 543 posts
Joined: Nov 14th, 2005, 12:29 pm

Previous

Return to Trials & Tribulations of Traffic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest