Residential street Plow Operators

Home of the traffic rant.
gsc
Board Meister

Re: Residential street Plow Operators

Post by gsc »

UltraViolet wrote:
gsc wrote:You could always ask one of the people in the neighborhood that has a plow to help. I'm sure more than one person in the neighborhood has a snow blower or a plow.

People with blades on their quads or side by sides need training, they also need to know that snow plowing is just about moving snow, it has to be pushed to a place out of the way for future pilings. Also, a blade only moves snow, it does not position it exactly where you want or need it. Curbs are problem areas for all blades.

The best tool for snow removal is a snowblower, it cleans and positions.

I didn't have a problem getting right to the curb or getting it out of the way.

" It does not position it exactly where you want or need it."
It's snow not surgery. Get it off the road and that's where it needs to be lol.

I have noticed it wouldn't have mattered what I said any way. Non of it wouldn't have been good enough. If I would have said I have a snow blower then a shovel would have been the only thing good enough lol. Like I say you can't please everyone.

Oh well either way I offered to come do it for absolutely free for you and all the other neighbors as well.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Ill come over with a bucket of water for u
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

It doesn't matter how you do it, somebody will complain and tell you are doing it wrong. It doesn't matter how good a job is done, somebody will say it's not good enough. Ever notice that the biggest complainers are the ones that don't, won't, or can't do it themselves?
Bring back the LIKE button.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Holy Moly Ultraviolet, Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth !

Makes me feel like coming over and plowing in your property myself now,
then laying the water to it..

Like what the .....

All can see who the bigger man in your neighbourhood is....

I should go back and delete my compassionate and defending post,
but, I'll let it stand, for context.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The blades on the quads are great for moving the chunks of ice with all the snow that gets piled up. Kudos to those homeowners that help others.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

UltraViolet wrote:People with blades on their quads or side by sides need training,

Like my neighbours will take training...lol. I just appreciate the effort and desired result. Snow has been moved to a better place.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

dirtybiker wrote:Holy Moly Ultraviolet, Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth !

Makes me feel like coming over and plowing in your property myself now,
then laying the water to it..

Like what the .....

All can see who the bigger man in your neighbourhood is....

I should go back and delete my compassionate and defending post,
but, I'll let it stand, for context.

Okay first off GSC did not plow any snow for me, or move any snow for me!
Even though he offered on here, that's the extent of it, only to look good(like a hero) on here.

Another neighbor with a blade tried to move snow off the road and tried to help me(so he thought) by pounding down and piling snow on the road. I spent 5 hours yesterday with a steel shovel fixing the mess that others made for me in their attempt to try to help me. I usually don't accept help from others because I know it's only going to amount to me doing more back breaking work to get thing to the way they should be.

I plowed snow in Alberta for 15 years with my quad, I know how it works, and plows are only as good as the operator and are only good if you can push the snow out of the way without packing it down 6 inches thick.

No effort was made to do either, thus the reason I like doing things the ol fashioned way, with a snow shovel.

Oh, and trust me, GSC is far from a Gift horse.
Now, Dirtybiker, if someone goes out of their way to help you and it makes 5 hours more work for you, Is this a gift horse?
If someone wanted to be a gift horse they could have come with a steel shovel and helped me for 5 hrs remove the mess the City plow operator made last week when he drove up onto the curb and torn down the snow pile and drug it, and packed it onto the road that I had swept clean of snow!

I think I'm the bigger man for spending hours cleaning the road for hours on end to make it safer for everyone then someone typing that they are offering to help, but never ever do!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

^^^^^^^^^^What did I say? ^^^^^^^^^^^^

alanjh595 wrote:It doesn't matter how you do it, somebody will complain and tell you are doing it wrong. It doesn't matter how good a job is done, somebody will say it's not good enough. Ever notice that the biggest complainers are the ones that don't, won't, or can't do it themselves?
Bring back the LIKE button.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Methinks limited time in some peoples presence is a far better way to go.

I have trouble staying around people for 5 hours that I do see eye to eye with.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

gsc wrote:You could always ask one of the people in the neighborhood that has a plow to help. I'm sure more than one person in the neighborhood has a snow blower or a plow.

I my self have a plow on my side by side and would be more than happy to help move that heavy snow for you at no cost as your just up the road.

I know it can be frustrating and know where your coming from as the plow has done the same to us many times in the past 6 years we have lived here. One year we couldn't even get out of our driveway. Not much we can do though.

If you would like some help please feel free to ask.

First off, I never asked anyone for help.
Please re-read my complaint.

Next, your piddly lightweight machine and blade could not budge the packed pile that was left by the 20 ton plow loaded with sand.

Also, you haven't lived in the neighborhood for 6 years, not even close.
Also, you know how I like the road to be kept and cleaned.

My complaint was that as I go out of my way to make the walkway part of the road safe and clean, as well as get some exercise, an idiot plow operator made an un-necessary mess and left it.

There are 3 guys in the hood with blades, and yet all the intersections that could be cleaned with a quad blade aren't clean. I finally got my snowblower running and did half of the intersection, but not one guy with a quad and blade wants to make a move to clean the rest of the other intersections which people can't even walk across safely.

In a few days I will hopefully get the rest of my snowblower parts and will be able to do a nice job of blowing the snow off the road where it belongs!

For 10 years I cleaned the road, walkway part of the road, for 300-500 feet and instead of getting credit for doing it, I get a bunch of armchair warriors doing everything they can to make my life miserable. Oh and to the guy who wants to throw water.....I double....no triple dog dare you to! You will be an easy find for me.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

I commend you on your efforts at making a safe passage for those
that travel your neighbourhood.

As for your hatred of everything and everyone.
I hope you are able to find some peace so as to
not be left, cold and alone to wallow in it !
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

Np at the offer was there. My plan if you had asked me was to take it down the street and pile it with the rest that I had piled up off the road that way you wouldn't even have it on your property. My "piddly" mechine had np moving large piles left by the plow. Ice on the hand not so much but snow is not really a problem if plowed properly.

You are right it's been about five almost six years I stand corrected by a few months sorry. Either way my offer still if you seriously want the brunt of it gone just message me on here and I will do my best to get it gone for you. I'm not looking to be a hero or some plow king. I am just offering to help with a crappy situation.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

wish GSA lived in my neighbourhood. Heck, I paid a guy to plow the entire city sidewalk, only one neighbor bothered to say thanks. Most don't even shovel here.. then they stressed they stuck in their driveway. I don't have the strength to help push, they get rather offended by that.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

UltraViolet wrote:Okay first off GSC did not plow any snow for me, or move any snow for me!
Even though he offered on here,
He did say to ask - did you?
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

gsc wrote:Np at the offer was there. My plan if you had asked me was to take it down the street and pile it with the rest that I had piled up off the road that way you wouldn't even have it on your property. My "piddly" mechine had np moving large piles left by the plow. Ice on the hand not so much but snow is not really a problem if plowed properly.

You are right it's been about five almost six years I stand corrected by a few months sorry. Either way my offer still if you seriously want the brunt of it gone just message me on here and I will do my best to get it gone for you. I'm not looking to be a hero or some plow king. I am just offering to help with a crappy situation.

Considering the source, I doubt the situation in his neighborhood is any crappier than other neighborhoods.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”