Left turn signals

Home of the traffic rant.

Left turn signals

Postby Alice in Vernon » Jan 4th, 2018, 11:27 am

Please, City of Vernon: extend the time of the left hand turn signals! With the streets being a bit slippery, it's hard to get going and therefore, lucky if two cars can make the turn in time. I've personally seen people taking too many chances and end up turning on a red. Do something before someone gets killed!! :-X
Alice in Vernon

Liked in: 0 post

Re: Left turn signals

Postby mexi cali » Jan 4th, 2018, 12:02 pm

Unfortunately, regardless of weather conditions, people cannot or will not be schooled in the art of responsible driving. You could extend the time a turning light stays on by double and the last couple of cars will take the chance.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

3 people like this post.
mexi cali
Guru

Liked in: 3205 posts

Postby dirtybiker » Jan 4th, 2018, 2:34 pm

Cudo's to those that actually choose to use the left turn lanes.
Not like all the freakn' morons that hold the whole town at bay
while they sit and wait for an opening to go where there is no
dedicated lane.

I'll also agree with mexi-cali.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
dirtybiker
Guru

Liked in: 2557 posts

Postby GordonH » Jan 4th, 2018, 2:46 pm

Most common thing I see in vehicle in front of me is the drivers head constantly looking down. Of course first thing that comes to mind is texting. Happens at traffic lights alot, knowing advance green is only for short time, drivers should be looking up not down.

Of course that call or text is so damn important, if your business is so damn important hire a driver. Then you can call & text all you want

Smurf likes this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6401 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby Dizzy1 » Jan 5th, 2018, 4:33 pm

Alice in Vernon wrote:Please, City of Vernon: extend the time of the left hand turn signals! With the streets being a bit slippery, it's hard to get going and therefore, lucky if two cars can make the turn in time. I've personally seen people taking too many chances and end up turning on a red. Do something before someone gets killed!! :-X

Any light along 32nd and 27st, you'll have to voice your concern to Victoria - those lights fall under Provincial jurisdiction as they're part of the Provincial highways.

And in all fairness, I don't see how anyone is going to get killed for running a red light on an advance green. The other traffic that will have a green light will just start moving so the impact won't be as severe as opposed to running a regular red light.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 5037 posts

Return to Trials & Tribulations of Traffic