Class 101: How To Pump Gas

Home of the traffic rant.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Class 101: How To Pump Gas

Post by Bsuds »

The Kelowna one does as well.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Bsuds wrote:The Kelowna one does as well.

As does Winfield.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I think they should have both so people have a choice. When we had our station we served gas, checked oil, washed windows even checked tire pressure if you wished and we gained a lot of business doing it. If someone wanted to do their own that was fine. I do remember 2 young men who did not even know how to check oil when we hired them, They were both drivers :200:. i also taught a few young people how to do it as no one had ever showed them and they were interested. Where the H were their parents?
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

If i remember correctly during the time when stations went from full serve to self serve , many stations had both.
I like that choice.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Richmond and Coquitlam don't have self serve gas.
http://theprovince.com/business/by-the- ... -coquitlam
Bring back the LIKE button.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I remember back in early 90s getting my vehicle serviced at Petro-Canada on corner of Harvey & Gordon (under new management, pervious run the PC next to Canadian Tire). They some very nice gas jockeys, that was the only Petro-Canada station I ever purchased fuel from besides getting repairs done.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

GordonH wrote:I remember back in early 90s getting my vehicle serviced at Petro-Canada on corner of Harvey & Gordon (under new management, pervious run the PC next to Canadian Tire). They some very nice gas jockeys, that was the only Petro-Canada station I ever purchased fuel from besides getting repairs done.

Aaahhh.....the good ol' days are gone.......how I miss them too.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

alanjh595 wrote:Aaahhh.....the good ol' days are gone.......how I miss them too.

When one could scratch together 3 quarters, a dime, two nickels and 7 pennies
and get enough fuel pumped in to get where you were going and back. [icon_lol2.gif]
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

dirtybiker wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:Aaahhh.....the good ol' days are gone.......how I miss them too.

When one could scratch together 3 quarters, a dime, two nickels and 7 pennies
and get enough fuel pumped in to get where you were going and back. [icon_lol2.gif]

I don't go back THAT far, but $10 would be all it took for the weekend in my V-8, including the drag racings from light to light.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

GordonH wrote:I remember back in early 90s getting my vehicle serviced at Petro-Canada on corner of Harvey & Gordon (under new management, pervious run the PC next to Canadian Tire). They some very nice gas jockeys, that was the only Petro-Canada station I ever purchased fuel from besides getting repairs done.

My BIL pulled wrenches at that station,,
It was Pete's BA in the old days, they used to have a H-D ServiCar trike parked in the corner by the light.. white paint with the BA logo on the back of the box.
I am still searching for a copy of a photo of that bike ..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

Well this is hilarious.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:My BIL pulled wrenches at that station,,
It was Pete's BA in the old days, they used to have a H-D ServiCar trike parked in the corner by the light.. white paint with the BA logo on the back of the box.
I am still searching for a copy of a photo of that bike ..

The 2 mechanics I remember at that location is Darcy & Reiner & owner/manger Eric.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

alanjh595 wrote:

I don't go back THAT far, but $10 would be all it took for the weekend in my V-8, including the drag racings from light to light.

I remember gas under 25 cents a gallon (1950's) and thinking how expensive it was getting when it hit 50 cents a gallon. I was very lucky in that we had a large tank of car gas on the farm and my father let me use all I wanted until I left home and quit working on the farm. Used his products for oil changes, grease jobs, whatever as long as I did the work myself and did all the work he wanted me to do. It was actually a great perk when I look back.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”