Freezing rain and road conditions

Home of the traffic rant.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Freezing rain and road conditions

Post by lesliepaul »

Warning to all.....the freezing rain and wet snow earlier today has now turned many streets around Kelowna into skating rinks. Came home at 6:30 PM on Sexsmith, no issues........got to Union and from Snowsell to Begbie is PURE ICE. Ice Radials were not making a whole lot of difference going up hill. Beware travelling and test your brakes often. In the matter of 30 minutes it has gotten BAD.
DarkMagna

Re: Freezing rain and road conditions

Post by DarkMagna »

While I applaud your concern for your fellow citizens, I'm not sure a forum board is an appropriate way to warn people of road conditions (or weather forecasts, for that matter).
I can't imagine many people log into a forum board and go hunting for road condition warnings before heading out. Road conditions vary by location, day, time of day, etc.....so your warning is really only appropriate to that location and time.
Last edited by DarkMagna on Jan 17th, 2018, 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheBoss
Fledgling

Post by TheBoss »

The roads were sketchy in vernn as well. Some sections dry good braking other sections just pure ice. Everyone in a while i would feel the car skate around on me a little. I made it around town safely, even with all season. Which i don't recommend :D
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Take care.

It's very slippery here.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Tootsie
Board Meister

Post by Tootsie »

Be careful out there folks ! I was coming home today at about 5:15 pm in Lake Country. After the beautiful day we had today I couldn't believe it when I hit black ice on Camp Road ! It was in a shaded area but still it really took me by surprise as it was still 2 above outside.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”