Potholes

Home of the traffic rant.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Potholes

Post by the truth »

so do the losers in charge in filling potholes wait till spring to fill them up, and when they do try hiring guys that know how to do the job,same crap every year
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
alanjh595
Banned

Re: potholes

Post by alanjh595 »

Putting hot asphalt in cold potholes is useless. They must wait until everything warms up in order for the hot to stick to the cold.
Yes, there seems to be a lot of them this year. I will keep my ugly winters on until they get them fixed.
Bring back the LIKE button.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Filling cold wet or dry potholes is a total waste of time & money, it does need to be done because of the cost to repair vehicle front suspension.

If the filled pothole lasts a day in the winter that is amazing.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

Started noticing these potholes and was waiting for this thread to pop up. Someone please bump last years and save everyone some time.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Steve-O wrote:Started noticing these potholes and was waiting for this thread to pop up. Someone please bump last years and save everyone some time.

I said this a few weeks back when people slowed down their snow removal complaints. [icon_lol2.gif]
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Tootsie
Board Meister

Post by Tootsie »

If anyone in Lake Country has loose fillings in their teeth or might have to pee DO NOT drive on Camp Rd just heading down from Gray Monk Winery towards the firehall on OK Centre Rd East. Heading east just past Duggans strawberry farm is a nightmare ! That one corner just before the goat farm is unbelievable! What's that song ? Jesus take the wheel !!! [icon_lol2.gif] :-X :200:
RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

Tootsie wrote:If anyone in Lake Country has loose fillings in their teeth or might have to pee DO NOT drive on Camp Rd just heading down from Gray Monk Winery towards the firehall on OK Centre Rd East. Heading east just past Duggans strawberry farm is a nightmare ! That one corner just before the goat farm is unbelievable! What's that song ? Jesus take the wheel !!! [icon_lol2.gif] :-X :200:

That spot is horrible! There’s no way to avoid any of it either.

Heading out of Lake Country on Glenmore is starting to get bad as well. Some pretty big, wheel swallowing holes starting to appear.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Help em out. If there is a bad hole. Near your couch. Fill up a bucket with rocks. Dump it in the hole. Together we can defeat the evil pot holes.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
alanjh595
Banned

Re: Potholes

Post by alanjh595 »

How could we survive without asphalt?
Bring back the LIKE button.
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

alanjh595 wrote:How could we survive without asphalt?

Now with BC banning bitumen we are in real trouble!
Waste not
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Grandan wrote:Now with BC banning bitumen we are in real trouble!

How will the pipeline protesters get their SUVs to the weekend kumbaya's without asphalt? :biggrin:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yap :smt045 but they do not want to talk about that :smt045
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
budsy47

Post by budsy47 »

A number of years ago my father worked for the Department Of Highways and the city of Drumheller in Alberta and was every year a part of the pothole crew. The method then even when raining was to use a mop to soak of the water in the hole, then a propane torch was used to dry and heat the hole, then if needed some gravel was added and tamped by hand, then hot tar spread into the hole and a little around the edge. Warm ashpalt was added and tamped down and finally some tar added around the edge to help seal it. Almost all of those patches lasted through the worst conditions. most of them for quite some time and it was common to see the patch still there even when the road around some of them would break down. Sure it was a bit more work but 90 % of the time they were only done once. You would think that with today's technology someone would come up with something that lasts. Seems like no one wants to put a little old fashioned work in to fix properly....it's a make work on going project for them. I see them as lazy idiots.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

pothole season comes early

Post by the truth »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#218166 ya think, how about you do your jobs and fill them, i have been driving down harvey ave looking at the same potholes for days,

try hiring people that know what they are doing for a change
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

its that city motto, we make it nice because we do it twice

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”