Spate of bad MVA's

Home of the traffic rant.
Fledgling

Spate of bad MVA's

Post by 7600736 »

Sure a lot of bad MVA's the last few days, cars flipped on their sides and roofs. Just passed the one at Roxby and Hwy. 33...what a mess. There's no stupidity like Kelowna stupidity. :dash:

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... being-used
lensbaby
Board Meister

Re: Spate of bad MVA's

Post by lensbaby »

7600736 wrote:Sure a lot of bad MVA's the last few days, cars flipped on their sides and roofs. Just passed the one at Roxby and Hwy. 33...what a mess. There's no stupidity like Kelowna stupidity. :dash:

Of course it would help if this wasn't the poorest road maintenance we have seen in years.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Or maybe it's just no shortage of bad drivers that can't adapt to the road conditions?
Bring back the LIKE button.
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Post by Jhunter199 »

I was thinking to myself the other day while driving that I really dont remember roads, not just in the okanagan, but as far north as PG and down to the lower mainland being in such bad condition throughout this winter.
mpom

Post by mpom »

Road maintenance has nothing to do with it. This is proven in the summer time as well as winter. The lack of driving skill(s) shown by Okanagan driver's is the only reason we see crashes. It is easy to spot too. Drive outside of the Okanagan, more specifically Kelowna, for a week or two. Upon your return, if you don't notice the difference, then you are part of the problem. I've been driving for 40+ years, 25 of that with a class 1, and have a little experience under my belt. I dont need a snowplowed road to get where I need to go. You whiner's just dont have the know-how.....
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Post by Jhunter199 »

mpom wrote: You whiner's just dont have the know-how.....

While I really don't see anyone here "whining" and agree you do have a lot of driving experience, not everyone has the same. When you say I don't need a plowed road to get where i'm going might be fine, but wouldn't it make sense to use the technology we have, and pay for, year in and year out and try to keep the roads in good conditions.

Just a thought :130:
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

7600736 wrote:Sure a lot of bad MVA's the last few days, cars flipped on their sides and roofs. Just passed the one at Roxby and Hwy. 33...what a mess. There's no stupidity like Kelowna stupidity. :dash:

I’ve put on over 2000km in the last week between here, Revy, Golden, Kamloops, Castlegar/Nelson...and I saw less vehicles on their side than I’ve seen on Castanet this week. Something in the water.
lensbaby
Board Meister

Post by lensbaby »

mpom wrote:Road maintenance has nothing to do with it. This is proven in the summer time as well as winter. The lack of driving skill(s) shown by Okanagan driver's is the only reason we see crashes. It is easy to spot too. Drive outside of the Okanagan, more specifically Kelowna, for a week or two. Upon your return, if you don't notice the difference, then you are part of the problem. I've been driving for 40+ years, 25 of that with a class 1, and have a little experience under my belt. I dont need a snowplowed road to get where I need to go. You whiner's just dont have the know-how.....

Road Maintenance appears to have something to do with this - Or were they just whiners too?
https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#219503
daveandanne
Übergod

Post by daveandanne »

Has anyone noticed that there is no sand or salt being used because of the cost, the environment people, the excuse that it gets blown off the highway and other reasons?. So the simple solution is to lower the speed limit in these serious times and then raise it again when possible. Try doing 120 K, or more on an ice rink and you will not even make the first curve. The problem is the drivers but it does include the road conditions and combined you see the results. Instead of us all laying the blame on just the drivers should we not try to correct some of the other conditions that lead to injuries and death. Blaming things does not cut it but lowering the risk might just be the cats bark. Just fix it and see what occurs and I found out dogs bark and so do trees. [have bark] How many years have we been saying it is the drivers at fault and the beat still goes on?. This carnage must end period.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

alanjh595 wrote:Or maybe it's just no shortage of bad drivers that can't adapt to the road conditions?

Maintenance or rather. lack of maintenance is a factor - and its been deteriorating for years in this Province.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Recently drove a rental to sask and back. On bald tires. Learn to drive. For what its worth. Tires were so bad. When i stopped to have a leak on a small incline at a pullout. I was hooped. Needed help to get going. Ya that bad. Still made it close to 2000 miles no real issues. Please if u r afraid of a bit of snow and ice. Do stay home. Stay safe. Do us all a favor .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

I expect MUCH better from ALL OF MY TAXES! We have that group on here that continuously cry "if you want this or you want that, expect your taxes to go up". To those, please inform us what we exactly get for our HIGH taxes, especially in this spoiled little city and to what "high caliber" are these services.
daveandanne
Übergod

Post by daveandanne »

Again this morning more crashes on Hwy. 97 and it must not be a fault of the ice but of course it is the drivers so tell me this, are all of the drivers in these carnages being charged with dangerous driving ?. Must be a lot of them going to court and being convicted. So if the roads do not have to be plowed then let's get rid of the plows and drivers and just leave the roads for the professional drivers. Wait has anyone seen how many of them have been crashing and are they also being charged with dangerous driving?. It is long past the time to keep blaming the drivers and doing the proper thing of at least trying to make our highways safe for everyone. Salt and sand or shut these dangerous highways down until they can be travelled in a safe manner. If we use the excuse that it is solely the drivers then it must be getting safer as these dangerous drivers are being charged and being taken off the road. We know that this is not happening because it never stops. So since they will not maintain the roads, or get rid of the evil drivers then lower the speed limit or close the roads until they are safe. This Hwy. 97 is the most dangerous road around here to put the rubber to that I find it much safer to hit the side roads. And less traffic too. This is the Highway At Hell and not to Hell.
lensbaby
Board Meister

Post by lensbaby »

Jflem1983 wrote:Recently drove a rental to sask and back. On bald tires. Learn to drive. For what its worth. Tires were so bad. When i stopped to have a leak on a small incline at a pullout. I was hooped. Needed help to get going. Ya that bad. Still made it close to 2000 miles no real issues. Please if u r afraid of a bit of snow and ice. Do stay home. Stay safe. Do us all a favor .

Driving on bald tires on snow and ice. Difficult to understand why you seem to be proud of endangering those around you - whether pedestrians or vehicles. "I was hooped - needed help to get going" or "a bit of snow and ice" which was it? Can't be both. I really don't get the point of this post, unless it was a failed attempt to impress us all.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Jflem1983 wrote:Recently drove a rental to sask and back. On bald tires. .

Sorry but that is just not too smart on your part. Either insist they put winter tires with at least 50% tread on it or refuse it!

You are endangering yourself and everyone else.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”