Ghost cars

Home of the traffic rant.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Ghost cars

Post by Bsuds »

Even Steven wrote:It's also been proven that as people get more tickets they change their driving behavior or lose their license. In which case they stop driving altogether.

There are way too many of these types that just keep on driveing without a license.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

I see drivers using thier cell phones almost every time I'm on the road, that's because I'm not in a police cruiser. Increasing the fine alone has little effect if no one is getting caught. Ghost cars are the most effective way to do this because while there a few special people who are stupid enough to text in front of a marked cruiser, most are not that oblivious. Personally, I'd prefer to have fewer distracted drivers on the road and if more ghost cars are the solution then I'm all for more of them.

If you're concerned about being pulled over by one, simply refuse to roll down your window before you confirm it's an officer. Refusing to pull over only needlessly put other drivers at risk as officers are called in for backup to pull you over.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Bsuds wrote:There are way too many of these types that just keep on driveing without a license.

Some do. But overall people learn their lesson and start drivEing safer.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

lesliepaul wrote:Kelowna Traffic Services officers are using "GHOST CARS" to MAXIMIZE or enhance ticket revenue...........safety is secondary.

It has been proven that MARKED police vehicles can control (slow down) moving vehicle traffic just by their presence.

In summary........GHOST CARS = $$$$$
........MARKED CARS = SAFETY

Absolutely Correct.

And by the responses in this thread we can see who is affiliated! Thanks affiliated for the confirmation.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

alanjh595 wrote:Wouldn't using your cell phone while driving, create a new "coupon" for the driver?

KL3 was just trying to set us up ;)
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Because_They_Lie wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:Wouldn't using your cell phone while driving, create a new "coupon" for the driver?

KL3 was just trying to set us up ;)

For What, exactly?
Bring back the LIKE button.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

Poindexter wrote:I see drivers using thier cell phones almost every time I'm on the road, that's because I'm not in a police cruiser. Increasing the fine alone has little effect if no one is getting caught. Ghost cars are the most effective way to do this because while there a few special people who are stupid enough to text in front of a marked cruiser, most are not that oblivious. Personally, I'd prefer to have fewer distracted drivers on the road and if more ghost cars are the solution then I'm all for more of them.

If you're concerned about being pulled over by one, simply refuse to roll down your window before you confirm it's an officer. Refusing to pull over only needlessly put other drivers at risk as officers are called in for backup to pull you over.

never thought of leaving the window rolled up when some ones trying to rob me at gunpoint brilliant plan
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

No one is going to go through all that trouble to rob you at gunpoint. If I were a woman it would complicate matters because of the obvious. I'd still pull over but after I stopped I'd watch the officer approach and if I had serious doubts, leave and call 911.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
toomuchstuff55

Post by toomuchstuff55 »

last post... TOTALLY DISAGREE. It's a cash grab. I agree w/ OP.
toomuchstuff55

Post by toomuchstuff55 »

Evan...where are your stats on your last sentence?
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

toomuchstuff55 wrote:last post... TOTALLY DISAGREE. It's a cash grab. I agree w/ OP.

So, IF, the police are driving around in marked police vehicles and writing tickets, that's OK, that's not a "cash grab", BUT if they are in unmarked police vehicles, that is a "cash grab" ?

So, the fact the police are not readily identifiable is, what ? "unfair", "under handed" ?

To those who are concerned about being pulled over by a police officer in a "Ghost car" (unmarked police vehicle), generally the vast majority of traffic stopped executed by police members in unmarked police vehicles are done by Traffic Services. They wear their police uniforms, they are not in plain clothes.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

If the police are doing such good work. Why do they need to hide in ghost cars. Most people are happy to see a police person
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Jflem1983 wrote:Most people are happy to see a police person

People breaking the law are not.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

You're fooling yourself if you think not stopping for a ghost car is the safest decision.

What's next - not stopping for a marked car "because anyone can paint a car to look like an RCMP cruiser"?
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I remember back in the "good ol' days" when marked cars had to sit behind a bush or a billboard to hide their cars. Then there was when the police set up radar on the pedestrian overpass on Hwy. 97 and radio ahead to a marked car waiting for them.
Perhaps riding a marked police motorcycle is not fair either, because we all know how hard they are to see when you are travelling too fast?
Bring back the LIKE button.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”