Driver flees crash scene

Home of the traffic rant.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Re: Driver flees crash scene

Post by LTD »

jimmy4321 wrote:
LTD wrote:i agree with you, it just makes me wonder why that's how its reported it makes the driver sound as tho they're guilty of something when in fact they haven't done anything wrong, that we know of anyway.

I guess when you leave a crashed vehicle behind you kinda open yourself up to speculation.
Even if it were a peice of *bleep* truck which it don't look like it was, i imagine ICBC would like to know whatbreally contributed to it.

that's why you report it within 24 hours if theres no property damage signs or posts and such you dont have to report it at all
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

alanjh595 wrote:
The need to report only applies if the damages exceed $1,000 ($600 if a motorcycle is involved). When in doubt, it is best to simply report the accident to the police as soon as possible.

Of particular note, if you are in a single vehicle accident, especially at night, the last thing you should do is walk from the scene. ICBC will assume you have something to hide like impaired driving and may breach you of your contract of insurance. The better approach is to call the police and wait for their instructions.

http://www.mussiogoodman.com/icbc-claim ... -accident/

I see how ICBC has worded their "How To Report An Accident" and the scare tactics they use.........."may breach you of your contract". Good luck with that and implying impairment with ZERO proof.

The drivers in these two accidents could have also suffered head trauma and wandered off.............nobody here knows what has happened. To me a stolen vehicle could have been involved or drivers had no drivers licence and for obvious reasons they "fled the scene".
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

lesliepaul wrote:I see how ICBC has worded their "How To Report An Accident" and the scare tactics they use.........."may breach you of your contract". Good luck with that and implying impairment with ZERO proof.

The drivers in these two accidents could have also suffered head trauma and wandered off.............nobody here knows what has happened. To me a stolen vehicle could have been involved or drivers had no drivers licence and for obvious reasons they "fled the scene".

In the case of the truck. Did both occupants seen fleeing have head trauma injuries? What is the chance of that since there was no front-end damage?

For the other car, the damage was to the right side, rear of the car. I am am no accident investigator, but I am damn sure they didn't bang their head either.

the roads were bare and dry, I know because I live very close to both scenes.
Bring back the LIKE button.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”