Never Forget - the holocaust of Dresden, Germany

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Never Forget - the holocaust of Dresden, Germany

Post by Hurtlander »

Thinktank wrote:While 225,000 civilians were incinerated in Dresden - just for fun (because the war was over) (by our side..

Firstly, it wasn’t for fun.
Secondly the war wasn’t over for our side during the February 13-14 air raids of Dresden, but the air raid of Dresden went a long way towards Germany surrendering on May 7 1945, and ultimately the release of approximately 200,000 allied POW’s, one of whom was my Canadian army father, that had been rotting away in German POW camps.
There isn’t much thought coming out of your tank.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
goldpot501

Post by goldpot501 »

That was an easy kill, mostly civilians targets. As the men were engaged in fighting on fronts. Carpet bombing at its best. Dresden was just one of the cities flatten by alliance though in Germany. I would disagree on jewish involved it the Kill though.....
goldpot501

Post by goldpot501 »

And if I may comment on the (holocaust) itself, there is an incomplete fact that the people killed by nacists were not jews alone. Along with them were millions of (untermenchen) such as Slavs and Gipsies were referred to. And they do not seem to matter even now. It is all about the larger group, sadly!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

goldpot501 wrote:And if I may comment on the (holocaust) itself, there is an incomplete fact that the people killed by nacists were not jews alone. Along with them were millions of (untermenchen) such as Slavs and Gipsies were referred to. And they do not seem to matter even now. It is all about the larger group, sadly!

You DO understand that the holocaust in Dresden was NOT caused by the Germans ? Right ? It wasn't about killing Jews or any other race. It was an act of war by the Allied Forces.

The Allied Holocaust in Dresden
The bombing of Dresden was a British/American aerial bombing attack on the city of Dresden, the capital of the German state of Saxony, during World War II in the European Theatre. In four raids between 13 and 15 February 1945, 722 heavy bombers of the British Royal Air Force (RAF) and 527 of the United States Army Air Forces (USAAF) dropped more than 3,900 tons of high-explosive bombs and incendiary devices on the city.[1] The bombing and the resulting firestorm destroyed over 1,600 acres (6.5 km2) of the city centre.[2] An estimated 22,700[3] to 25,000[4] people were killed, although larger casualty figures have been claimed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_o ... rld_War_II
Bring back the LIKE button.

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”