UFOs, and lots of 'em!

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
Passion4Truth
Übergod

Re: UFOs... and lots of 'em!

Post by Passion4Truth »

Ranger66 wrote:“Do you think that the last clip would stand up to the level of proof needed in a court of law that aliens exist?

nope
Strange times are these in which we live
 when old and young are taught in falsehoods school. 
And the one man that dares to tell the truth 
is called at once a lunatic and fool 

-- Plato. 

goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

Interesting observation:

However, it is interesting to note the evolution of the evidence. Specifically, in the early 20th century nearly all stories of alien space-craft described seeing something resembled a flying saucer. And as for the appearance of alien beings, they looked mostly human. More recently however, aliens have taken on a more, well, alien appearance. And spacecraft began looking far more advanced. As our own technology advanced, the design and technology of UFOs increased proportionally.

This is something we can't ignore. It appears that the description of aliens and their craft are correlated with our bias and belief of what they should look like. As our understanding of science and technology evolve, so does the evidence. The simplest explanation for this is that our societal and environmental influences are causing us to see things as we want to see them; they fit our expectations. Had we actually been visited by aliens our perception and description of them shouldn't have changed. Unless of course the aliens themselves have changed, and had dramatic increases in technology, over time. This seems rather unlikely. Ultimately, there is a lack of any conclusive proof that we have been visited by alien beings. In fact the odds seem heavily stacked against it.
Passion4Truth
Übergod

Post by Passion4Truth »

Passion4Truth wrote: Not much of a Ufologist are ya? lol.

GenuinelyInterested wrote:I am curious as to:
1st. Why is there a "lol" at the end of your question? Are you mocking my valid question or me personally?

No, I am not mocking you, I lol because of course you aren't a ufologist.

It is common belief that to travel to the far reaches of space, you would need a type of zero point energy system that could run perpetually, and even if they didn't have a zero point energy system, they would no more come here without enough fuel to travel back home than we would on a trip to the moon.
GenuinelyInterested wrote:2nd. If it is referred to as a "UFO", how could an UFOologist give answers about propulsion systems of something that has not yet been conclusively, "Identified". (How could anyone even suggest that they have the answer to the possibility/likelihood/probability, of the propulsion system when they have not yet positively identified the flying object, it's source and/or it's pilots?
For example:

I highlighted a few words in your example to make it more clear that I wasn't stating as fact.
Passion4Truth wrote:The "light" is usually more of a glow in most cases, and most likely not light as we know it, but more of a plasma discharge or something similar. Although there are many cases where individual lights have been seen on a craft (notably the large triangular craft, and the lights are always on the bottom, in the same formation, and most likely part of the propulsion system) they are certainly not seen coming from the interior.

GenuinelyInterested wrote:3rd. I am interested in where the information has originated that suggests that "Refueling" is not a possibility and worthy of being lol'ed at.

Passion4Truth wrote:Refueling? Not much of a Ufologist are ya? lol.

Would NASA plan a trip to the moon without enough fuel for a return trip?
Last edited by Passion4Truth on Jun 2nd, 2013, 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

-- Plato. 

zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Passion4Truth wrote:
It is common belief that to travel to the far reaches of space, you would need a type of zero point energy system that could run perpetually, and even if they didn't have a zero point energy system, they would no more come here without enough fuel to travel back home than we would on a trip to the moon.

Maybe that's common belief, but advanced knowledge says methods such as wormholes would be a more likely way to go.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Passion4Truth
Übergod

Post by Passion4Truth »

I don't know what you mean by "advanced knowledge", but yes, if a race had the technology for an Einstein-Rosen Bridge, that would definitely be the way to go.

-- Plato. 

GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

Post by GenuinelyInterested »

So, you're guessing?
Popeye69
Board Meister

Post by Popeye69 »

Did they video the disclosure? Look forward to watching if they did...
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

Popeye69 wrote:Did they video the disclosure? Look forward to watching if they did...

Yes, it was - viewtopic.php?f=52&t=16081&start=900#p1478350 - 'A theatrical quality documentary will be produced about this event slated for distribution in the fall of 2013.' Some snippets are available until that time.
"I think our society is run by insane people for insane objectives...I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends...but I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
~ John Lennon
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

"I think our society is run by insane people for insane objectives...I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends...but I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
~ John Lennon
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Corneliousrooster »

Canadian minister of defense - Alien disclosure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEQdvYFM ... ture=share
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Corneliousrooster wrote:Canadian minister of defense - Alien disclosure

Very interesting. That's our minister of defense speaking only last month, shouldn't we be informed? It's amazing that something like this is still kept so low profile.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

He is not our Minister of Defence - he was in the sixties.
Paul Hellyer, minister of national defence under Lester B. Pearson and deputy prime minister under Pierre Trudeau, will be speaking at the Conspiracy Culture Bookstore on Queen Street West. The event is a Canadian preview of the Citizens’ Hearing on Disclosure, a mock senate hearing on extraterrestrials that will be held in Washington, D.C. in April. Hellyer is scheduled to testify and will talk about how he came to believe in aliens.

http://metronews.ca/news/toronto/539916 ... on-aliens/

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2010 ... rning.html
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Passion4Truth
Übergod

Post by Passion4Truth »

Corneliousrooster wrote:Canadian minister of defense - Alien disclosure

Thanks for sharing.
IMO, a snowball effect has finally started. Wilbur Smith would be proud.

Anyone not knowing who Wilbert Brockhouse Smith is, should check out this speech he gave in 1958, in Ottawa:
http://blip.tv/checktheevidence/wb-smit ... 58-3086519

-- Plato. 

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

zzontar wrote:
Very interesting. That's our minister of defense speaking only last month, shouldn't we be informed? It's amazing that something like this is still kept so low profile.

Watch the video again. He only speaks of information that he has heard of from other people. He does not say he has any first hand knowledge of anything regarding aliens. He is as credible as you or I copying and pasting someone else's so called observations.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”