UFOs, and lots of 'em!

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
ValB58
Banned

Re: UFOs, and lots of 'em!

Post by ValB58 »

Passion4Truth
Übergod

Post by Passion4Truth »

ValB58 wrote:Image

Maybe I could help you out Val, if you quote me, your cartoon picture of a screw and nut would actually make more sense. Although, screws and nuts don't actually mate, it's bolts and nuts, but not everyone knows the simplest things in life. And FYI, you don't need a screw or bolt in that picture for what you are trying to say.
Strange times are these in which we live
 when old and young are taught in falsehoods school. 
And the one man that dares to tell the truth 
is called at once a lunatic and fool 

-- Plato. 

Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Passion4Truth wrote:Firstly, there has been plenty of contact.

There has? No offence, but if we had been contacted, it would be an event of historical proportions and media outlets would be on fire with the story and not just special interest websites with blurry videos of an atmospheric anomaly or aircraft. So, no, we haven't been contacted yet.
Passion4Truth wrote:Have an open mind and do some of your own research into the subject.

I do have a very open mind on this topic, but I also have a very logical opinion. And that logic tells me that an advanced species capable of travelling great distances across the galaxy would not make themselves visible if they are observing us and if they were trying to contact us, then they would make a real attempt at contacting us and not just flicker their lights from a distance.
Passion4Truth wrote:Secondly, don't you think these advanced civilizations would have protocols for contacting war mongering, flesh eating savages like us? Maybe they are moving towards mass contact and the sitings of lights are all part of it.

I've posted my theory many times before. We're not technologically ready for them to make contact with.
Passion4Truth wrote:Thirdly, who's to say that all of what we are seeing are even lights as we know them? Maybe it's part of the process of an interdimentional shift? Maybe it is the material or programmable matter their craft is made of? Maybe part of the propulsion system? The possibilities are plentiful. No offense, but I think it is not me, but yourself that has not put much thought into the lights question.

Again, if a species is capable of interstellar travel, they've figured out a way to remain out of sight.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
ValB58
Banned

Post by ValB58 »

We (humans) have the technology to detect and predict a rock (asteroid, some as small as a VW) traveling through space, how close it will come to Earth, and years in advance. How come we can't see a UFO? How come we can see it when it is ONLY within visual distance? How come those that photograph them ONLY have poor quality cameras? How come they only turn their lights on when there are people close enough to see them?
In the Western world, we have the capability (through Technology) to determine a small Earthquake on the other side of the planet, but we can't see a UFO..........?
We can see so well within our atmosphere, that we can see something as small as a single missile launched from N. Korea, but the CT's claim we can't see a SPACE SHIP, with it's parking/head/landing lights on?

The CT faction might be the "open-minded", but they suck-up any/all/every thing they see on YouTube.
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Post by Tacklewasher »

ValB58 wrote:We (humans) have the technology to detect and predict a rock (asteroid, some as small as a VW) traveling through space, how close it will come to Earth, and years in advance.

Not that I disagree with you on the thread topic, but this is simply not true. We often only spot these things days before they transit near Earth. Most of the ones we can track are either comets, that come by every so often, or are spotted by chance. We do not have any decent means to detect asteroids until they are very near Earth.

But that really has nothing to do with someone's fantasies about alien spacecraft.
ValB58
Banned

Post by ValB58 »

ValB58 wrote:We (humans) have the technology to detect and predict a rock (asteroid, some as small as a VW) traveling through space, how close it will come to Earth, and years in advance.

Tacklewasher wrote:Not that I disagree with you on the thread topic, but this is simply not true. We often only spot these things days before they transit near Earth. Most of the ones we can track are either comets, that come by every so often, or are spotted by chance. We do not have any decent means to detect asteroids until they are very near Earth.

But that really has nothing to do with someone's fantasies about alien spacecraft.

Okay, I stand corrected on that ONE point. AND, so we agree that, "Alien Spacecraft" are just someone's fantasy?

Since you obviously have greater knowledge on the subject than I do. How large does an asteroid have to be, to be tracked, "let's say........24 hours in advance"?
Since I have not done the research on the topic of "how large the average UFO is", I don't have a reference point to begin with. Maybe one of our CT/ET experts can chime in here and tell us, "How large IS the average UFO"? Is it as big as a VW/Cadillac/bungalow/2 storey Craftsman/ battleship/Aircraft carrier........?
The lights that you see, are they from the second storey windows or are they more like "yard/landing/parking lights? ALL of the photos are so blurry and I can't tell for sure.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

If the aliens were really smart and wanted to observe us incognito, all they'd have to do is float around in orbit with the rest of the space junk like Boba Fett did in The Empire Strikes Back ;)
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

what makes you think they haven't been here and said we seen enough?
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

lakevixen wrote:what makes you think they haven't been here and said we seen enough?

Maybe they have - but that's irrelevant to the idea of an advanced species capable of interstellar travel, coming to observe us without making a bona fide attempt at contact us but leaving their nav lights on.
ValB58
Banned

Post by ValB58 »

lakevixen wrote:what makes you think they haven't been here and said we seen enough?

WHAT makes YOU think? They haven't. Been here and seen enough.

Any evidence to add, that is NOT on Youtube?
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Post by Tacklewasher »

ValB58 wrote:Okay, I stand corrected on that ONE point. AND, so we agree that, "Alien Spacecraft" are just someone's fantasy?

Since you obviously have greater knowledge on the subject than I do. How large does an asteroid have to be, to be tracked, "let's say........24 hours in advance"?

Don't know. And I think it has a lot to do if it happens to be in the part of the sky someone is looking at. A lot of these are spotted by so-called amatuer astronomers (where the label amateur really doesn't fit), but I don't have full details.
Since I have not done the research on the topic of "how large the average UFO is", I don't have a reference point to begin with. Maybe one of our CT/ET experts can chime in here and tell us, "How large IS the average UFO"? Is it as big as a VW/Cadillac/bungalow/2 storey Craftsman/ battleship/Aircraft carrier........?
The lights that you see, are they from the second storey windows or are they more like "yard/landing/parking lights? ALL of the photos are so blurry and I can't tell for sure.

Yeah, not holding my breath on that one. Getting one of the CT'ers to actually put forth verifiable, specific information on anything is as likely as there actually being spacecraft visiting our planet.
ValB58
Banned

Post by ValB58 »

ValB58 wrote:Okay, I stand corrected on that ONE point. AND, so we agree that, "Alien Spacecraft" are just someone's fantasy?Since you obviously have greater knowledge on the subject than I do. How large does an asteroid have to be, to be tracked, "let's say........24 hours in advance"?

Tacklewasher wrote:Don't know. And I think it has a lot to do if it happens to be in the part of the sky someone is looking at. A lot of these are spotted by so-called amatuer astronomers (where the label amateur really doesn't fit), but I don't have full details.

ValB58 wrote: Since I have not done the research on the topic of "how large the average UFO is", I don't have a reference point to begin with. Maybe one of our CT/ET experts can chime in here and tell us, "How large IS the average UFO"? Is it as big as a VW/Cadillac/bungalow/2 storey Craftsman/ battleship/Aircraft carrier........?

Tacklewasher wrote:Yeah, not holding my breath on that one. Getting one of the CT'ers to actually put forth verifiable, specific information on anything is as likely as there actually being spacecraft visiting our planet.

Tacklewasher
Übergod

Post by Tacklewasher »

Hey.

Don't laugh at me......
ValB58
Banned

Post by ValB58 »

Tacklewasher wrote:Hey.

Don't laugh at me......

I am NOT laughing AT you. I am laughing WITH you.

You made a funny. Even IF the CTs don't get it.
achern

Post by achern »

I saw a UFO about 2 weeks ago in Penticton. I did get a video but of course it looks horrible on video. Basically looks like a small speck so there is no use to even post it.

Anyways, it was basically a ball of white light that hovered in the air, in the same spot for close to half an hour. At one point it turned and started moving away upwards, slowly. The only way I knew it turned was because the light got very dim. A few seconds later it turned back around and returned to the position it had been in previously. It continued to hover in the same spot for maybe 10 more minutes then eventually verrrry very slowly descended straight downwards and disappeared behind a large mountain. The other weird thing about this white light is that a few minutes before it showed up there had been 2 others like it. One was red and one was orange. They hovered side by side much like the one with the white light did for a very long time, probably 45 minutes-1 hour. Eventually one of them turned and flew directly upwards and disappeared and then the other one did the same thing.

This is not the first UFO I have seen. The first time I ever saw one I was much younger, maybe 11 years old and it was in Kelowna. I was doing a paper route for my friend while her family was out of town. It was winter time and probably around 6am. You could see all the stars in the sky, it was very clear out and my mom pointed out to me something that pretty much looked like the other stars although it was a lot brighter. The difference between this sighting and my other one was that this UFO was a lot farther away. You could tell is was wayyyy out there in space. We stood and watched it for a few minutes. Within that time it moved completely lateral from left to right, very fast, it probably did these movements in a matter of 10 seconds and then it shot straight upwards and disappeared.

I don't know what either of these things were that I saw but I obviously have no explanation for them. Neither of these things moved like any flying object I am aware of.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”