UFOs, and lots of 'em!

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: UFOs, and lots of 'em!

Post by maryjane48 »

lol . there is a new mission be launched to now find earth like planets in the goldy locks zone . a woman astrophysist is going to start cataloging suitible exoplanets and when the james webb telescope is up and running they are going to put the data into it . she thinks she will be able to see atmospheres and tell if theres water or other liquids on the planets the investigate . if there is life out there this could be the survey to find it .now if we do find it will humans go charging in or will they study them ? we could find ourselves being the aliens ourselves .

also of note is markzuckerberg and few other want to launch small probes at 20 percent of lightspeed to our closest star . its estimated to take 20 years at that speed to get there .
tylerdaniels
Fledgling

Post by tylerdaniels »

maryjane48 wrote:lol . there is a new mission be launched to now find earth like planets in the goldy locks zone . a woman astrophysist is going to start cataloging suitible exoplanets and when the james webb telescope is up and running they are going to put the data into it . she thinks she will be able to see atmospheres and tell if theres water or other liquids on the planets the investigate . if there is life out there this could be the survey to find it .now if we do find it will humans go charging in or will they study them ? we could find ourselves being the aliens ourselves .

also of note is markzuckerberg and few other want to launch small probes at 20 percent of lightspeed to our closest star . its estimated to take 20 years at that speed to get there .

Although one day to be true we may travel to distant star systems, this is a long time, even to our closest star system alpha centuri with Hawkings new announcement of the "starshot" project it'll take 25 years to reach it. Which honestly is extremely fast and compared to our current space travel technology. Most star systems that we know have earth like planets in the goldilock zone are much further away than that, so it makes finding life even harder by human travel. Unless of course we figure out ways to travel faster than light.

That doesn't mean we can't find alien life out there, I am a huge supporter of the SETI project and its also our safest way to reliably find out if there is life out there. Of course the problem is using this technology any intelligent life we may detect out there may be long gone by the time we listen to it.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

20 percent lightspeed is more than doable . but what your forgeting is its possible to go long distances without going lightspeed or faster . spacetime can be warped and warpdrives do exactly that . humanspace travel is like a day old baby , just barely started . but once something gets going technology leaps ahead . look at computers cell phones ect ect . warp drives are not impossible .

http://www.space.com/17628-warp-drive-p ... light.html
tylerdaniels
Fledgling

Post by tylerdaniels »

maryjane48 wrote:20 percent lightspeed is more than doable . but what your forgeting is its possible to go long distances without going lightspeed or faster . spacetime can be warped and warpdrives do exactly that . humanspace travel is like a day old baby , just barely started . but once something gets going technology leaps ahead . look at computers cell phones ect ect . warp drives are not impossible .

http://www.space.com/17628-warp-drive-p ... light.html

Oh I agree, it already naturally happens, if we look at how the universe expands it moves faster than light but I doubt we will be using this within our lifetimes. Which is why I rely on SETI. Hawkings laser solar sail is expected to move at 25% of speed of light.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

maryjane48 wrote: is its possible to go long distances without going lightspeed or faster . spacetime can be warped and warpdrives do exactly that ......... warp drives are not impossible .
l

Actually, it's not possible. Theoretical, maybe, but even that's a stretch. Plus, you can't travel faster than light, at least with todays understanding of the Universe.
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

Beautiful footage...

Multiple UFOs hovering above San Diego, California 18-Apr-2016
http://www.latest-ufo-sightings.net/201 ... -2016.html

"I think our society is run by insane people for insane objectives...I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends...but I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
~ John Lennon
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

UFOs and Nukes: The Secret Link Revealed – Full Documentary
http://www.latest-ufo-sightings.net/201 ... ntary.html

The definitive documentary on UFO activity at nuclear weapons sites, produced by renowned researcher Robert Hastings. Interviews with former U.S. Air Force nuclear missile launch officers who unequivocally state that UFOs have long monitored and even tampered with American ICBMs. Their dramatic testimony is reinforced by revealing declassified documents which convincingly confirm this situation as real and ongoing, extending from the 1940s to the present day. Sometimes fact is indeed stranger than fiction.

Full video available from the following link...
http://www.latest-ufo-sightings.net/201 ... ntary.html

UFOs and Nuclear Weapons - About
http://www.ufohastings.com/

Although most people are completely unaware of its existence, the UFO-Nukes Connection is now remarkably well-documented. U.S. Air Force, FBI, and CIA files declassified via the Freedom of Information Act establish a convincing, ongoing pattern of UFO activity at American nuclear weapons sites extending back to December 1948.

Moreover, these mysterious incursions are not ancient history, so to speak, occurring only during the Cold War era. Indeed, evidence suggests that multiple, ongoing incidents have taken place near ICBM sites operated by Malmstrom AFB, Montana, as recently as October 2012.

continued...
http://www.ufohastings.com/

"I think our society is run by insane people for insane objectives...I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends...but I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
~ John Lennon
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Need to get this down while it's fresh. This just happened a few minutes ago.

I live on Shannon lake Golf Course and my deck faces south/south west.

I see contrails regularly but the one I saw today was different. It was twin lines that were wavy and broken in places but still formed a straight line heading south. Somewhere ahead of the end of these twin lines there was an ovular object that was also white and heading south. I watched it for maybe 5 or 7 seconds and then it was just gone. Blink of an eye.

The contrails faded quickly after that and differently than what I usually see.

I have seen this type of thing before where the object vanishes seemingly into nothing so no first time surprise but I thought I might share this one.

Never trying to convince. Only trying to share.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

mexicalidreamer wrote:I see contrails regularly but the one I saw today was different. It was twin lines that were wavy and broken in places but still formed a straight line heading south. Somewhere ahead of the end of these twin lines there was an ovular object that was also white and heading south. I watched it for maybe 5 or 7 seconds and then it was just gone. Blink of an eye.

Winds aloft do that to contrails - nothing new. The ovular thing you saw was an aircraft.

If extra terrestrial beings are intelligent enough to travel these distances, they're intelligent enough to stay invisible in our atmosphere.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

It is unfortunate that we have chosen the term Unidentified Flying Objects to identify that which our human brain does not understand. To my knowledge there is no evidence that they are objects associated to other forms of intelligent life at all.

All we have actually seen is UNIDENTIFIED IMAGES that our eyes have recorded and our very limited human brains have tried to make sense out of by identifying what we have seen as "other worldly" without any proof of them being so. Like the Romans and Greeks assigning other worldly causes and origins to what they saw in their day. IMO we are doing the same thing today and calling them UFO's without proof that they are objects at all.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Donald G wrote:It is unfortunate that we have chosen the term Unidentified Flying Objects to identify that which our human brain does not understand. To my knowledge there is no evidence that they are objects associated to other forms of intelligent life at all.

All we have actually seen is UNIDENTIFIED IMAGES that our eyes have recorded and our very limited human brains have tried to make sense out of by identifying what we have seen as "other worldly" without any proof of them being so. Like the Romans and Greeks assigning other worldly causes and origins to what they saw in their day. IMO we are doing the same thing today and calling them UFO's without proof that they are objects at all.

The term fits perfectly. You don't know what it is (Unidentified), It's moving in the sky so it's (Flying) and it's an (Object).

Nothing in calling it a UFO stated that it is of Alien origin. If you were to do that it would be a UFAO!

Or a UAFO
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Ok. Didn't want to get into a back and forth here but..............

It is unfortunate that we have chosen the term Unidentified Flying Objects If an object flies and is unidentifiable........ to identify that which our human brain does not understand. To my knowledge there is no evidence that they are objects associated to other forms of intelligent life at all. Your choice. However, of the hundreds of thousands of accounts that have been debunked leave even less than 1% that cannot be explained, then what?

All we have actually seen is UNIDENTIFIED IMAGES that our eyes have recorded and our very limited human brains maybe yours but don't include me please have tried to make sense out of by identifying what we have seen as "other worldly" Who ever said that every "unidentified flying object" was automatically "other worldly" without any proof of them being so. Like the Romans and Greeks assigning other worldly causes and origins to what they saw in their day. Back in the day of the Roman Empire, if ANYTHING was seen flying, well then. IMO we are doing the same thing today and calling them UFO's without proof that they are objects at all.

I like you Don but you pissss me off at the same time.

Like I said, I would never try to get anyone to believe that anything that I may have encountered over the years was in fact THE TRUTH, at the same time, I would never be so presumptuous as to insinuate that out of the vastness of the Universe that our pathetic little species was it.

How sad would that be?

Or, are you so deeply entrenched into religious dogma that if in fact it all turns out to be true and everything changes????????????????????????????? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. What then??????????????
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Bsuds wrote:
The term fits perfectly. You don't know what it is (Unidentified), It's moving in the sky so it's (Flying) and it's an (Object).

Nothing in calling it a UFO stated that it is of Alien origin. If you were to do that it would be a UFAO!

Or a UAFO

99.999999% of the time, the term UFO is associated with martians and other beings from outer space.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Dizzy1 wrote:99.999999% of the time, the term UFO is associated with martians and other beings from outer space.

Only when the observer has been sniffing Chemtrails.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Unread postby mexicalidreamer » Yesterday, 9:06 pm

Ok. Didn't want to get into a back and forth here but..............

I like you Don but you pissss me off at the same time.

I appreciate the left handed compliment. In no way was I suggesting that you or anyone else did not see what you or they reported seeing. My whole point was that as a normal human being with above average knowledge as compared to most of the people on earth we do not always correctly interpret what our eyes depict to our brain and our brain attempts to give meaning to by defining (often wrongly) what it is that we are seeing. In that respect we are no different than the ancient Romans or Greeks. I do not always use IMO when my comment is only my opinion, as in this case.
Absolutely nothing personal.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”