Crop Circles

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
Passion4Truth
Übergod

Re: Crop Circles

Post by Passion4Truth »

Goatboy, What is your theory on how this phenomena is created at night? What energy source causes the plant nodes to elongate and or create expulsion cavities, which in turn causes the plant to bend and create the phenomena? Why are the nodes more affected in the center of the crop circle than on the outskirts? Why does this phenomena baffle the scientists who study it?
Strange times are these in which we live
 when old and young are taught in falsehoods school. 
And the one man that dares to tell the truth 
is called at once a lunatic and fool 

-- Plato. 

goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

Passion4Truth wrote:Goatboy, What is your theory on how this phenomena is created at night? What energy source causes the plant nodes to elongate and or create expulsion cavities, which in turn causes the plant to bend and create the phenomena? Why are the nodes more affected in the center of the crop circle than on the outskirts? Why does this phenomena baffle the scientists who study it?

Beats me. Just an observation that if they were man made, they would need the tractor line to gain access to the design without leaving evidence of the entrance and egress. Funnily enough, all of them cross over a tractor line. Even saw a small one where it could have easily fit between to tractor lines but still crossed over their path. What is more likely, man made using the tractor lines or some unknown phenomena that scientists can't explain?
Passion4Truth
Übergod

Post by Passion4Truth »

goatboy wrote:
What is more likely, man made using the tractor lines or some unknown phenomena that scientists can't explain?

Keyboard critics who fail to even look at the evidence and yet be convinced against it, would say the former, the facts and science point to the latter.

-- Plato. 

goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

Passion4Truth wrote:Keyboard critics who fail to even look at the evidence and yet be convinced against it, would say the former, the facts and science point to the latter.

I looked at the evidence from a link you had posted to BLT Research but as soon as I saw that web page was associated to Robbert van den BROEKE, a proven hoaxer, then your link lost all its credibility. If you wanted to post numerous, peer reviewed scientific studies that are not associated to cranks, then I'm willing to take a look. So I would say you've hardly proven that "facts and science" point to anything.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

OK, Ok, so maybe they are real.......

atenbacon
Übergod

Post by atenbacon »

You have to keep an open mind until it is proven one way or the other. You just can't take the T.V. or internet word on it.
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

Cooks Plantation, nr Beckhampton, Wiltshire
http://temporarytemples.co.uk/project/c ... ugust-2016

This very beautiful crop circle was always bound to court controversy. But this design has a history which stretches back for thousands of years – from the Indus Valley civilisation to the Buddhists. Sometimes used as a fertility symbol, sometimes as a symbol of the world, the entirety of creation, eternity and then as a warder from evil and a simple good-luck symbol. Although known as the swastika the word comes from the sanskrit svastika, meaning a lucky object. Both the symbol, its meaning has been greatly tarnished by its association with Nazism, but as pure symbol rather than political rhetoric, it seems to me to be rather a beautiful and a positive image.

The formation measured approximately 120ft in diameter and was in placed in one of only a few wheat fields left standing by the end of August. Incidentally, this was the same field that played host to the 1995 Beckhampton Spiral – one of our all-time favourite crop circles. It looks like the pattern was designed on an underpinning 5 x 5 square grid, only adding to the major role the number five has played in the formations of the 2016 season.

Last edited by peaceseeker on Sep 8th, 2016, 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I think our society is run by insane people for insane objectives...I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends...but I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
~ John Lennon
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

Overton Hill, nr East Kennett, Wiltshire
http://temporarytemples.co.uk/project/o ... ugust-2016

This double ringed circle could just be the last of the 2016 season, measuring approximately 120ft is was placed towards the side of a wheat field on Overton Hill, while many often talk of a grand finale, it is more often the case that the final circles of the season are smaller more simpler designs; the beginning of the season which starts slowly, like the end, seems to ebb to a conclusion.

"I think our society is run by insane people for insane objectives...I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends...but I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
~ John Lennon
Passion4Truth
Übergod

Post by Passion4Truth »

goatboy wrote:
I looked at the evidence from a link you had posted to BLT Research but as soon as I saw that web page was associated to Robbert van den BROEKE, a proven hoaxer, then your link lost all its credibility. If you wanted to post numerous, peer reviewed scientific studies that are not associated to cranks, then I'm willing to take a look. So I would say you've hardly proven that "facts and science" point to anything.

How would you know where the facts point if you continually refuse to look at what is presented? The site I posted has SEVERAL published, peer reviewed papers on the phenomena. But apparently you know more than the scientists studying the subject. Are you qualified to refute these papers or are you just full of it??

Of course there are also hoaxes out there, be it photo-shopped or clearly physically flattened.

I am sorry you are completely clueless on this subject, maybe you should do some homework before ya start the ol keyboard critic yapping.

-- Plato. 

goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

Passion4Truth wrote:
How would you know where the facts point if you continually refuse to look at what is presented? The site I posted has SEVERAL published, peer reviewed papers on the phenomena. But apparently you know more than the scientists studying the subject. Are you qualified to refute these papers or are you just full of it??

Of course there are also hoaxes out there, be it photo-shopped or clearly physically flattened.

I am sorry you are completely clueless on this subject, maybe you should do some homework before ya start the ol keyboard critic yapping.

You just don't get it, do you. ANYTHING posted on that website is not worth the time of day reading because of the sites association to a known hoaxer. However, I did read them and the only "scientific" papers that the site has have been written by the same person, W.C. Levengood. There are no scientists,plural, involved in these papers. I could not find any references to them being peer reviewed. Maybe you could post which of his peers have reviewed them? One persons "findings" do not represent a scientific understanding of anything.
Passion4Truth
Übergod

Post by Passion4Truth »

It is not me that doesn't get it. I could care less about your belief of another subject on that site. Your closed minded beliefs have no bearing on those published papers.

C'mon, get with the program, these papers and other investigations are what has changed the debunkers theory of crop circles being created by people with ropes and boards to people creating them using microwaves and lasers……and of course GPS and night vision. lol I’d sure like to see one of these alleged microwave/laser guns that are supposedly being used. They must be very accurate to concentrate on specific nodes on each individual plant. It is also amazing how they create a 600 to 800 degrees Celsius temperature that does not destroy the plants, but only elongates or causes expulsion cavities on specific nodes, leaving the plants alive and intact. Incredible, isn't it? Not to mention the extremely complex designs created in the dark of night.
Last edited by Passion4Truth on Sep 10th, 2016, 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

-- Plato. 

goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

Passion4Truth wrote:It is not me that doesn't get it. I could care less about your belief of another subject on that site. Your closed minded beliefs have no bearing on those published papers.

C'mon, get with the program, these papers are what has changed the debunkers from saying that crop circles are created by people with ropes and boards to people using microwaves and lasers……and of course GPS and night vision.lol I’d sure like to see one of these alleged microwave/laser guns that are supposedly being used. Wow, they must be very accurate to concentrate on specific nodes on each individual plant. It is also amazing how they create a 600 to 800 degrees Celsius temperature that does not destroy the plants, but only elongates or causes expulsion cavities on specific nodes, leaving the plants alive and intact. Incredible, isn't it? Not to mention the extremely complex designs created in the dark of night.

Needing more than one scientist to prove something is other than what the most logical explanation is does not make it me closed minded, but rather a sensible approach. Still waiting for you to provide the name of the peers that reviewed these papers.
BTW, check out most of the papers "published" in the Journal of Scientific Exploration. Very reliable scientific publication I see.
Passion4Truth
Übergod

Post by Passion4Truth »

The elongated nodes and expulsion cavities on the nodes that create the design are a given and well documented, so I guess your most logical explanation must be that people with a lot of money or friends, do this in the dark of night with GPS, night vision, some unknown microwave/laser guns, while carefully only stepping on existing tractor tire lines, create these extremely artistic and complex designs anonymously around the planet?

Ya, very logical.

-- Plato. 

goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

Passion4Truth wrote:The elongated nodes and expulsion cavities on the nodes that create the design are a given and well documented, so I guess your most logical explanation must be that people with a lot of money or friends, do this in the dark of night with GPS, night vision, some unknown microwave/laser guns, while carefully only stepping on existing tractor tire lines, create these extremely artistic and complex designs anonymously around the planet?

Ya, very logical.

Or its some mysterious force in the Universe that can't be explained, only shows up in crop fields mainly in the UK but almost always in developed countries and has only one scientist who has "published" any findings. Yep, that makes far more sense. Elongated nodes and expulsion cavities do not a mysterious force make.
Passion4Truth
Übergod

Post by Passion4Truth »

goatboy wrote: Elongated nodes and expulsion cavities do not a mysterious force make.

Then what makes them?

-- Plato. 

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”