Truth Suppression

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Re: Truth Suppression

Post by peaceseeker »

kompili wrote:Left-wing, right-wing it doesn't matter, they are all in bed together. The important thing is that the people must get together and stop them. The different parties are only to separate the people. Divide and conquer is the name of their game.

Exactly.
"I think our society is run by insane people for insane objectives...I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends...but I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
~ John Lennon
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

Surprised?!

Targeting Whistleblowers: Truth Telling Endangered
http://www.informationclearinghouse.inf ... e25716.htm

By Stephen Lendman
July 14, 2010 -- On April 16, journalist John Cole wrote:

'The message is clear – you torture people and then destroy the evidence, and you get off without so much as a sternly worded letter. If you are a whistle blower outlining criminal behavior by the government, you get prosecuted.

In fact, it’s worse. Under Bush, torture was official policy. It remains so under Obama who absolved CIA torturers, despite unequivocal evidence of their guilt. But leaking it risks criminal prosecution for revealing state secrets and endangering national security.' ...

article continued here...
http://www.informationclearinghouse.inf ... e25716.htm

Stephen Lendman lives in Chicago. Contact him at: [email protected]. Also visit his blog site and listen to The Global Research News Hour on RepublicBroadcasting.org Mondays from 11AM-1PM US Central time for cutting-edge discussions with distinguished guests.
"I think our society is run by insane people for insane objectives...I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends...but I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
~ John Lennon
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

"Americans Have a Right to Know"
http://www.informationclearinghouse.inf ... e25758.htm

By Ray McGovern, Daniel Ellsberg and Coleen Rowley

' June 18, 2010 "Institute for Public Accuracy" Today, Washington is trying to shut down what it clearly regards as the most effective and dangerous purveyor of embarrassing information -- Wikileaks, a self-styled global resource for whistleblowers. It is a safe bet that NSA, CIA, FBI and other agencies have been instructed to do all possible to make an example of Wikileaks leader, Australian-born Julian Assange, and his colleagues. Much is at stake -- for both Pentagon and freedom of the press.

"Those who own and operate the corporate media face a distasteful dilemma, both in terms of business decision and of conscience. They must choose between the easier but soulless task of transcribing government press releases, on the one hand; or, on the other, following Wikileaks into the 21st century by adapting high-tech methods to protect sources while acquiring authentic stories unadulterated by government pressure, real or perceived.

"Deference to the government seems largely responsible for the failure to explore the implications of particularly riveting reportage that gets millions of hits on the Web but has been, up to now, largely ignored by mainstream media. The best recent example of this is the gun-barrel video showing a merciless turkey-shoot of Baghdad civilians by helicopter gunship-borne U.S. soldiers on July 12, 2007. Like the humiliating and graphic but actual photos of Abu Ghraib, the publication of which Pullitzer-prize winning Seymour Hersh repeatedly defended as necessary to the story of Iraqi prisoner abuse, such raw footage is essential to people’s understanding of what is happening. Like Daniel Ellsberg's copying of 7,000 pages of the 'Pentagon Papers,' such whistleblowers are a great means of exposing the lies upon which the current wars are based.

"Assange went public this week with an email announcement that Wikileaks is preparing to release a classified Pentagon video of a U.S. airstrike in Afghanistan in May 2009, which left as many as 140 civilians dead -- most of them children and teenagers. He added that Wikileaks has 'a lot of other material that exposes human rights abuses by the United States government.'

"Wikileaks has also published a secret U.S. Army report of March 2008 evaluating the threat from Wikileaks itself and possible U.S. countermeasures against it. This will undoubtedly prompt American officials to redouble efforts to find Assange and to prevent Wikileaks from posting additional information they have classified to avoid embarrassment.

"Americans have a right to know what is being done in our name, and how important it is to protect members of the now-fledgling Fifth Estate so that it can continue to provide information shunned or distorted.

"Assange ended his email with an unabashed appeal for donations for his website. 'Please donate ... and encourage all your friends to follow the example you set; after all, courage is contagious.' His words sounded a bit like those of Edmund Burke: 'When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.'

"For the good to associate effectively, they need to know what is going on. It’s our hope the old Fourth Estate press will recall the good and high-calling that Burke, Jefferson and other leaders of democracy have extolled through the centuries and catch some of that 'contagious courage'."

Coleen Rowley, an FBI whistleblower who was one of Time Magazine's people of the year in 2002; Ray McGovern, CIA analyst for 27 years; and Daniel Ellsberg, who leaked the Pentagon Papers (top-secret government documents that showed a pattern of governmental deceit about the Vietnam War). '
~ John Lennon
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

We Have Been Conditioned To See Only What They Want Us To See.
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

Managed News: Inside The US/NATO Military Industrial Media Empire
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php? ... &aid=20018
by Prof. Peter Phillips and Prof. Mickey Huff
Global Research, July 3, 2010
Project Censored

“There is nothing so strong or safe in an emergency of life as the simple truth.” –– Charles Dickens

We face what appears to be a military industrial media empire so powerful and complex that truth is mostly absent or reported in disconnected segments with little historical context. A case in point: The London Times reported on June 5, 2010, that American troops are now operating in 75 countries. Has President Obama secretly sanctioned a huge increase in the number of US Special Forces carrying out search-and-destroy missions against al-Qaeda around the world? If so, this increase is far in excess of special-forces operations under the Bush administration and reflects how aggressively Obama is pursuing al-Qaeda behind his public rhetoric of global engagement and diplomacy. Somehow this information didn’t make it into the US media.

The US, in cooperation with NATO, is building global occupation forces for the control of international resources in support of Trilaterialist—US, Europe, Japan— corporate profits. A New York Times report on the availability of a trillion dollars in mineral wealth in Afghanistan, on top of the need for an oil/gas pipeline from the Caspian Sea, suggests other reasons for U.S objectives in the region.

Jim Lobe of Inter Press Service writes on June 15, 2010, “The timing of the publication of a major New York Times story on the vast untapped mineral wealth that lies beneath Afghanistan's soil is raising major questions about the intent of the Pentagon…Blake Hounshell, managing editor at Foreign Policy magazine, says that the US Geological Service (USGS) already published a comprehensive inventory of Afghanistan's non-oil mineral resources on the Internet in 2007, as did the British Geological Survey. Much of their work was based on explorations and surveys undertaken by the Soviet Union during its occupation of Afghanistan during the 1980s.”

Given the previous reports, there is nothing new about resources in Afghanistan that the Pentagon and US multinational corporations didn’t already know. On the contrary, the public should consider whether the surfacing of this resource story is a managed-news press release being done at a time of sensitive concerns regarding NATO’s mission in Afghanistan. A deliberate news insertion such as the mineral wealth story is designed to create support for a US/NATO global empire agenda.

Managed news includes both the release of specific stories intended to build public support as well as the deliberate non-coverage of news stories that may undermine US goals. Have you been told about the continuing privatization of this global war? Independent journalist Jeremy Scahill, wrote in The Nation magazine November 23, 2009, how Blackwater (Xe) operatives in the Pakistani port city of Karachi are gathering intelligence and helping to direct a secret US military drone bombing campaign in that country.

There has not been much coverage of the report in Global Research, May 27, 2010, regarding new US capabilities for cyber warfare, announced recently by Secretary of Defense Robert Gates as the activation of the Pentagon's first computer command and the world's first comprehensive, multi-service military cyber operation. CYBERCOM is based at Fort Meade, Maryland, which also is home to the National Security Agency (NSA).

The US’s Israeli partner in the Middle East demonstrated a skilled manipulation of the global media’s coverage of the May 31 attack on the Gaza Freedom Flotilla. Israel controlled the news and images that emerged from the attack on the ships, asserting that the invading Israeli paratroopers were viciously attacked by crewmembers—resulting in the killing of several in “self defense.” Israel sought to divert the focus of public discussion away from the illegitimate use of excessive force against a group of humanitarians– of diverse religious and national affiliations– to the blaming of the victims for causing their own deaths.

Managed news creates a Truth Emergency for the public inside the US/NATO Military Industrial Media Empire. Deliberate news management undermines the freedom of information on the doings of the powerful military/corporate entities though overt censorship, mass distractions, and artificial news— including stories timed for release to influence public opinion (i.e., propaganda).

A Truth Emergency is the lack of purity in news brought about by this propaganda and distraction. It is the state in which people, despite potentially being awash in a sea of information, lack the power of discernment resulting in a knowinglessness about what is going on in the world. In short, we are living in a time where people do not know whom to trust for accurate information and yearn for the truth.

One antidote to the ongoing Truth Emergency is the creation of validated independent news by colleges and universities around the globe where students and professors use research skills and databases to fact check and verify information that is reported to the public. For more about this, and what we can all do to counter managed news, see Project Censored International's new website at http://www.mediafreedominternational.org. Together, we can build accountability in our media and breathe life back into our withering republic.

Peter Phillips is professor of sociology at Sonoma State University, President of Media Freedom Foundation/Project Censored, former director of Project Censored, and co-editor of Censored 2010.

Mickey Huff is associate professor of history at Diablo Valley College, Director of Project Censored/Media Freedom Foundation, and co-editor of Censored 2010.
~ John Lennon
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

Must watch video(s)...

Breakfast with Peter Phillips - Propaganda and the US Media
http://www.projectcensored.org/videos/
~ John Lennon
Bejvas
Lord of the Board

Post by Bejvas »

The end of our freedom of expression...

Jane Bürgermeister and other critical bloggers in and around Austria are being targeted, declared insane and stripped of their civil rights. As the cases pile up, a pattern of corruption and systematic persecution emerges. But Jane Bürgermeister, who has been a major force in educating the world about the dangers of the H1N1 vaccine, will not give up that easy. Ultimately, the power lies in our hands, as the past has shown. Stay tuned for updates.

"On August 12th, I am supposed to appear before a court as part of a process to strip me of all my civic rights on the spurious grounds I am a crazy conspiracy theorist and am damaging my estate.
Clearly, this is an attempt by elements in the Austrian government to silence me, a critic of the swine flu vaccine, who has managed to make use of the internet to spread information on the false swine flu pandemic and vaccine suppressed by the mainstream media, but which is now the subject of inquiries at PACE and in parliaments."
-- Jane Bürgermeister (July 13th, 2010)
"Just because you're angry, it doesn't mean you have the right to be cruel."
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

How Fox Used "Raw Corporate Power" to Crush a Critic
http://accuracy.org/newsrelease.php?articleId=2315
August 18, 2010

BARRY NOLAN - [email protected]
The media watch group FAIR reports: "Boston TV newscaster Barry Nolan was outraged to learn back in 2008 that Fox host Bill O'Reilly was getting an award from the local chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. So Nolan made flyers documenting various O'Reilly outrages and distributed them at the local Emmys ceremony -- and did not do so in a disruptive manner. He was soon fired by his employer (Comcast), and told his story at Think Progress."

A new article at the Columbia Journalism Review website "The O'Reilly Factor: How the Fox host used raw corporate power to crush a critic" by Terry Ann Knopf reveals that pressure on Comcast came directly from News Corp/O'Reilly:

"On May 12, 2008 -- two days after the Emmys -- O'Reilly went on the offensive against what he called Nolan's 'outrageous behavior' with a carefully worded, lawyerly letter to Brian Roberts, the chairman and CEO of Comcast, which distributes Fox News and entertainment programming, to its subscribers. The letter was written on Fox News stationery and was copied to Fox News CEO Roger Ailes.

"Pointedly, O'Reilly began by noting their mutual business interests. 'We at The O'Reilly Factor have always considered Comcast to be an excellent business partner and I believe the same holds true for the entire Fox News Channel. Therefore, it was puzzling to see a Comcast employee, Barry Nolan, use Comcast corporate assets to attack me and FNC.' Telling the Comcast CEO that Nolan had attended the Emmy Awards 'in conjunction with Comcast,' O'Reilly apologized for bothering him but let him know he considered this 'a disturbing situation.'"

Knopf also reports that while Comcast has claimed that Nolan wasn't fired for speaking his mind ("Professional journalists need to have the right to express their opinions without fear of correction or retribution from a corporate parent," a company executive said), newly-released court documents "reveal that Comcast and Fox were involved in 'ongoing' contract talks at the time, with Comcast fearing Nolan's protest 'jeopardized and harmed' its business dealings with Fox. In response to a question posed by Nolan's attorneys in his lawsuit, Comcast's written response, dated Aug. 5, 2009, states:

"'... Mr. Nolan's protest at the NATAS Award Ceremony and of William O'Reilly as the recipient of the Governor's Award jeopardized and harmed the business and economic interests of Comcast in connection with its contract with Fox News Channel, and its contract negotiations with Fox News that were ongoing at the time.'"

In addition, the Columbia Journalism Review piece appears to have originally been slated to run in Boston Globe Magazine (owned by the New York Times Company), but was killed. Writes Dan Kennedy in the Boston Phoenix: "Oddly enough, Knopf's story was originally slated to run in the Boston Globe Magazine. When Knopf interviewed me, she was on assignment for the magazine. In late July, I received a call from a Globe Magazine fact-checker. Both Knopf and Globe Magazine editor Susanne Althoff declined to comment this week when I asked them why the piece was killed.

"The story of Barry Nolan and Bill O'Reilly is the story of what happens when someone goes up against two of the most powerful media corporations on the planet. In the Age of the Internet, the moguls may not be what they used to be. But they're still moguls. And they've still got a lot of power."

For more information, contact at the Institute for Public Accuracy:
Sam Husseini, (202) 347-0020; or David Zupan, (541) 484-9167
~ John Lennon
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

Media "Distortions"
http://whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/LIE/lie.html

"Our job is to give people not what they want, but what we decide they ought to have."
-- Richard Salent, Former President CBS News.

"News is what someone wants to suppress. Everything else is advertising".
-- former NBC news President Rubin Frank

Asked to give a toast before the prestigious New York Press Club in 1880, John Swinton, the former Chief of Staff at the New York Times, made this candid confession [it's worth noting that Swinton was called "The Dean of His Profession" by other newsmen, who admired him greatly]:

" There is no such thing, at this date of the world's history, as an
independent press. You know it and I know it. There is not one of you
who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know
beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for
keeping my honest opinions out of the paper I am connected with. Others
of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who
would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the
streets looking for another job.

If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper,
before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone. The business of
the journalist is to destroy the truth; to lie outright; to pervert; to
vilify; to fawn at the feet of Mammon, and to sell the country for his
daily bread. You know it and I know it and what folly is this toasting
an independent press. We are the tools and vassals of the rich men
behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and
we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the
property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes. "

continued...
http://whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/LIE/lie.html
~ John Lennon
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

Project Censored "censored" because of Stance on 9/11 Truth!
http://911blogger.com/news/2010-09-21/p ... -911-truth

This years new Project Censored 2011 Book has been released including numerous stories and references to the 9/11 cover up. Dr. Peter Phillips and Mickey Huff explain in this interview that they have been censored by so called "alternative" left wing publications because of their refusal to drop 9/11 truth content!

From the show notes: "Censored 2011" with Dr. Peter Phillips and Mickey Huff. We discuss the new Project Censored book and some of the most censored news stories of the past year. --END--

Listen Here: Guns and Butter: Project Censored 2011
~ John Lennon
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

Government accused of manipulating science news

Since March, Natural Resources Canada scientists have had to get pre-approval from Minister Christian Paradis's office to speak with journalists. They must also get ministerial approval for everything they say to the news media. (Sean Kilpatrick/Canadian Press)

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2010/09/ ... z10zeNFNWl
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

Federal scientists face tighter media rules

canada's scientific community is buzzing over newly tightened rules that further restrict government researchers from speaking with the media about their work.
Officials speaking on behalf of Natural Resources Canada have to first get 'instruction' from the minister’s office, the department says.Officials speaking on behalf of Natural Resources Canada have to first get 'instruction' from the minister’s office, the department says. (Canadian Press)

Yet the No. 1 policy statement for government communications, according to Treasury Board, is to "Provide the public with timely, accurate, clear, objective and complete information about its policies, programs, services and initiatives."

The directive is part of the "Communications policy of the Government of Canada," posted on the Treasury Board website and dated Aug. 1, 2006, months after the Conservatives came to power.

The policy calls on public servants to speak "openly" with Canadians.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2010 ... z10zfdxIqJ
Last edited by kompili on Sep 30th, 2010, 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bejvas
Lord of the Board

Post by Bejvas »

smells like the good old, so called "communism" :purefury:

kompili wrote:Federal scientists face tighter media rules

canada's scientific community is buzzing over newly tightened rules that further restrict government researchers from speaking with the media about their work.
Officials speaking on behalf of Natural Resources Canada have to first get 'instruction' from the minister’s office, the department says.Officials speaking on behalf of Natural Resources Canada have to first get 'instruction' from the minister’s office, the department says. (Canadian Press)

Yet the No. 1 policy statement for government communications, according to Treasury Board, is to "Provide the public with timely, accurate, clear, objective and complete information about its policies, programs, services and initiatives."

The directive is part of the "Communications policy of the Government of Canada," posted on the Treasury Board website and dated Aug. 1, 2006, months after the Conservatives came to power.

The policy calls on public servants to speak "openly" with Canadians.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2010 ... z10zfdxIqJ
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

~ John Lennon
Bejvas
Lord of the Board

Post by Bejvas »

very interesting info, thanks!

have you noticed that google is showing "their" information on first hit pages, and if you want to find some real truths you have to dig in on further pages of the search?

peaceseeker wrote:The Top Censored Stories From 2009-2010:

1. Global Plans to Replace the Dollar

2. US Department of Defense is the Worst Polluter on the Planet

3. Internet Privacy and Personal Access at Risk

4. ICE Operates Secret Detention and Courts

5. Blackwater (Xe): The Secret US War in Pakistan

6. Health Care Restrictions Cost Thousands of Lives in US

7. External Capitalist Forces Wreak Havoc in Africa

8. Massacre in Peruvian Amazon over US Free Trade Agreement

9. Human Rights Abuses Continue in Palestine

10. US Funds and Supports the Taliban

11. The H1N1 Swine Flu Pandemic: Manipulating Data to Enrich Drug Companies

12. Cuba Provided the Greatest Medical Aid to Haiti after the Earthquake

13. Obama Cuts Domestic Spending and Increases Military Corporate Welfare

14. Increased Tensions with Unresolved 9/11 Issues

15. Bhopal Water Still Toxic Twenty-five Years After Deadly Gas Leak

16. US Presidents Charged with Crimes Against Humanity as Universal Jurisdiction Dies in Spain

17. Nanotech Particles Pose Serious DNA Risks to Humans and the Environment

18. The True Cost of Chevron

19. Obama Administration Assures World Bank and International Monetary Fund a Free Reign of Abuse

20. Obama’s Charter School Policies Spread Segregation and Undermine Unions

21. Western Lifestyle Continues Environmental Footprint

22. 1.2 Billion People in India to be Given Biometric ID Cards

23. Afghan War: Largest Military Coalition in History

24. War Crimes of General Stanley McChrystal

25. Prisoners Still Brutalized at Gitmo

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”