Monkey Blood

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
xCandyx
Fledgling

Monkey Blood

Post by xCandyx »

"If you have a right to your opinion than I have a right to my opinion and my opinion is that you have no right to your opinion" - George Carlin
JonyDarko
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Monkey Blood

Post by JonyDarko »

LoL...

That video was horrible and filled with information that could be easily refuted by a third grader.
xCandyx
Fledgling

Post by xCandyx »

I would love to hear an opposing side supported with facts.

Please do go on Jonydarko
"If you have a right to your opinion than I have a right to my opinion and my opinion is that you have no right to your opinion" - George Carlin
Air Wrench
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Air Wrench »

No he said third grader.
xCandyx
Fledgling

Post by xCandyx »

Yes I know..

Again do go on JonyDarko..

:skippingsheep:
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Hmm, I happen to be O- blood type. That could explain alot :skippingsheep:
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
xCandyx
Fledgling

Post by xCandyx »

jennylives wrote:Hmm, I happen to be O- blood type. That could explain alot :skippingsheep:

lol...dun dun dun :skyisfalling:
JonyDarko
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by JonyDarko »

Well for starters humans did not come from apes. No qualified person in the scientific community has ever made that claim, including Darwin. All apes and humans are desceneded from a single proto-ape species that lived millions of years ago and no longer exists. Thus humans can be said to be closely related to the other apes, but we are certainly not descended from them. Actually, we are apes, no less so than chimpanzees, gorillas, orangutans and gibbons. Whether or not you choose to subscribe to evolutionary theory, there is no doubt that all human beings are classified, both genetically and morphologically as an ape species.

I could go on but I have other things to do, but by all means if you would like me to refute another claim made in the film list it and I will refute it to the best of my ability.
Air Wrench
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Air Wrench »

Would this also be at a third grade level, or higher?
JonyDarko
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by JonyDarko »

I sense sarcasm, I do not know much about the Canadian education system but where I am from elementary school children do really learn this stuff or at least my friends and I did. Obviously on a much more basic level. But seriously how hard is it to tell a child that apes are not your grand parents...they are your cousins.

Welcome to the third grade. Feel free to leave an apple on my desk.
xCandyx
Fledgling

Post by xCandyx »

I don't give out apples..I hear they're poisonous ..or sinful maybe? :cursor:

Anyhow, I, personally, am not saying I believe in evolution.. nor creation for that matter..as both ideals are just a plausible as the other.

What I find interesting is this RH gene which can be traced to, and thus named after, the Rhesus monkey..its odd that 85% of humans have it and the other 15% do not..
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

xCandyx wrote: Anyhow, I, personally, am not saying I believe in evolution.. nor creation for that matter..as both ideals are just a plausible as the other.

I don’t know how plausible creationism is as a theory when considering science (perhaps Intelligent Design), but Jony’s right in saying evolutionary theory does not say we descended from apes. What it does say is that humans and apes shared a common ancestor and that explains why our DNA is so similar (perhaps "cousins" is not so inaccurate a term).
xCandyx
Fledgling

Post by xCandyx »

steven lloyd wrote:
xCandyx wrote: Anyhow, I, personally, am not saying I believe in evolution.. nor creation for that matter..as both ideals are just a plausible as the other.

I don’t know how plausible creationism is as a theory when considering science (perhaps Intelligent Design), but Jony’s right in saying evolutionary theory does not say we descended from apes. What it does say is that humans and apes shared a common ancestor and that explains why our DNA is so similar (perhaps "cousins" is not so inaccurate a term).

I'm not saying that isn't very well the case. I have no idea if it is or if it isn't..nor does anyone else. Evolution theory cannot be 100% proven, nor can the Creation theory.

I'm not interested in that part of the argument anyway...what I'm interested in is the fact that as you said we (85%) share a common gene with the Rhesus monkey, but the other 15% of the human population does not. I find it interesting and odd. I was just putting the video out there :nyah:
IndigoDreams

Post by IndigoDreams »

xCandyx wrote:I'm not saying that isn't very well the case. I have no idea if it is or if it isn't..nor does anyone else. Evolution theory cannot be 100% proven, nor can the Creation theory.

I'm not interested in that part of the argument anyway...what I'm interested in is the fact that as you said we (85%) share a common gene with the Rhesus monkey, but the other 15% of the human population does not. I find it interesting and odd. I was just putting the video out there :nyah:

I watched the video and found it quite interesting Candy. I decided to do some research and discovered some interesting facts about the Rh +/- factor. You have me asking more questions than finding answers :sleepdeprived:
RH negative percentages
15% of Whites Europeans - 10-12% Finnish are Rh-, 30-35% of N. Spain & SW France are Rh-
5-8% of African Americans - genetically African Americans are 70-80% African & 20-30% European
1-2% of Native Americans & Eskimos
1-2% of Asians
1-2% of Indo-Euraions
0.09% of Africans (or 9 out of every 10,000 people is Rh negative)

Oh ya and I notice it's all the same bullying posters lacking courtesy, critical thinking, and an openness to new ideas or a different opinion. That is truly a shame..... :sunshine:
Last edited by IndigoDreams on Jan 12th, 2009, 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind."
M.K. Gandhi
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

I'm feeling out of this world! I have alien DNA? :200:
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”