The Israeli Attack on the USS Liberty - June 8, 1967

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

The Israeli Attack on the USS Liberty - June 8, 1967

Post by peaceseeker »

Nice country, Israel. On June 8, 1967, Israel knowingly attacked the defenseless USS Liberty (technical research ship) in international waters using unmarked French-built high performance Mirage jets armed with cannons and rockets. With obvious intentions of blaming it on Egypt...why else would they use unmarked aircraft? Nothing but a classic false-flag terrorism event...terrorize your own, or allies' own, and blame it on the enemy...how nice.

Cover-Up Alleged in Probe of USS Liberty...
http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICL ... berty.html

A former Navy attorney who helped lead the military investigation of the 1967 Israeli attack on the USS Liberty that killed 34 American servicemen says former President Lyndon Johnson and his defense secretary, Robert McNamara, ordered that the inquiry conclude the incident was an accident.

In a signed affidavit released at a Capitol Hill news conference, retired Capt. Ward Boston said Johnson and McNamara told those heading the Navy's inquiry to "conclude that the attack was a case of 'mistaken identity' despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary."

It was "one of the classic all-American cover-ups," said retired Admiral Thomas Moorer, a former Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman who spent a year investigating the attack as part of an independent panel he formed with other former military officials. The panel also included a former US ambassador to Saudi Arabia, James Akins.

"Why would our government put Israel's interests ahead of our own?" Moorer asked from his wheelchair at the news conference. He was chief of naval operations at the time of the attack.

Moorer, who has long held that the attack was a deliberate act, wants Congress to investigate. [Newsday]

Israel claims the USS Liberty was mistaken for the out-of-service Egyptian horse carrier El Quseir - can you spot the difference?...(see link above for assorted photos of the butchered ship)

According to a 1981 NSA report on the incident, the El Quseir "was approximately one-quarter of the Liberty's tonnage, about one-half its length, and offered a radically different silhouette."

The assault was initiated by French-built high performance Mirage jets armed with cannons and rockets. ...

...Fifteen years after the attack, an Israeli pilot approached Liberty survivors and then held extensive interviews with former Congressman Paul N. (Pete) McCloskey about his role. According to this senior Israeli lead pilot, he recognized the Liberty as American immediately, so informed his headquarters, and was told to ignore the American flag and continue his attack. He refused to do so and returned to base, where he was arrested.

Later, a dual-citizen Israeli major told survivors that he was in an Israeli war room where he heard that pilot's radio report. The attacking pilots and everyone in the Israeli war room knew that they were attacking an American ship, the major said. He recanted the statement only after he received threatening phone calls from Israel.

The pilot's protests also were heard by radio monitors in the U.S. Embassy in Lebanon. Then-U.S. Ambassador to Lebanon Dwight Porter has confirmed this. Porter told his story to syndicated columnists Rowland Evans and Robert Novak and offered to submit to further questioning by authorities. Unfortunately, no one in the U.S. government has any interest in hearing these first-person accounts of Israeli treachery. [Washington Report]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Then, inexplicably, at 2 p.m., unmarked Israeli aircraft began attacking the ship." [Ledger Enquirer]

Israel attacked the USS Liberty using UNMARKED AIRCRAFT. This is the single fact which proves Israel knew exactly who they were attacking. Israel's story is that they thought USS Liberty was an Egyptian ship and therefore a legitimate target of war. Were that true, there would be no reason to attack a supposedly Egyptian ship with unmarked aircraft. The only possible reason to use unmarked aircraft to attack the ship is that Israel knew it was an American ship and intended to sink it, then to blame the attack on Egypt.

Moorer, who as top legal council to the official investigation is in a position to know, agrees that Israel intended to sink the USS Liberty and blame Egypt for it, thus dragging the United States into a war on Israel's behalf. This seems to be a common trick of Israel. Starting with the Lavon affair, through the USS Liberty, to the fake radio transmitter that tricked Reagan into attacking Libya, to potentially 9-11 itself, Israel's game is to frame Arabs and set them up as targets for the United States.

The official US investigation is discredited. And with it, every claim of innocence for Israel that relied on the official investigation as a source.

The real question facing the American people is why the US Government seems more concerned with protecting Israel after they are caught playing these dirty tricks, rather than doing something to convince Israel not to kill any more Americans.

"Evidence linking these Israelis to 9/11 is classified. I cannot tell you about evidence that has been gathered. It's classified information." -- US official quoted in Carl Cameron's Fox News report on the Israeli spy ring and its connections to 9-11.
"I think our society is run by insane people for insane objectives...I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends...but I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
~ John Lennon
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Re: The Israeli Attack on the USS Liberty - June 8, 1967

Post by peaceseeker »

Statement by survivor John Hrankowski
http://www.gtr5.com/evidence/hrankowski.htm

We had been surveilled all morning and part of the afternoon by Israeli forces. They knew who we were. We heard them reporting over radio who we were and how we were sailing and where we were sailing. They saw the flag and everything else. We were in international waters.

At 2:00 the action started when we had just completed a general quarters drill. I had just come out or the engine room to get some fresh air when the firing started. That's when I took my shrapnel hit, nothing fantastic but pieces of shrapnel. I went back to the boiler room and prepared to start lighting off number one boiler to get steam to get out of there.

This persisted for probably 25 or 35 minutes with the aircraft rocketing us and hitting us with everything they had--napalm and cannon fire--and after that there was a comparatively small lull. We heard that they were getting hit all over the place and we could see the torpedo boats moving in and firing torpedoes at us, and then one hit and put a 40 foot hole in the side of the ship and knocked all power off.

By that time the ship's interior was blackened, you couldn't see anything except with battle lanterns. We were still in the process of lighting off the boiler and trying to head the ship out to see. The ship was listing and we got the word to prepare to abandon ship. We were ordered by Lieutenant Golden who was in charge in the engine room to exit, and the last one out of there was myself, and I had to cut off the boilers' fuel supply. I was the last one.

We got outside at the main battle dressing station where a lot of injuries were. We were just about to go topside when we heard a lot of shots and canon fire and machine gun fire. Evidently they were trying to pick off people who were fighting fires and trying to put life rafts in the water. They were picking these people off with machine guns. We were told, I didn't see them, but we were told that they were shooting up the life rafts that were in the water, so needless to say they weren't going to take survivors at all.

And so we headed back to our spaces and did not abandon ship. We stayed with it. And it continued probably for another 40 minutes with them shooting and finally after seeing that the ship was not going to sink they grabbed one of the life rafts and they exited the scene. And through that, the helicopters had come over loaded with Israeli troops. This lasted almost two hours and finally we got the ship turned around and boilers lit off and headed out to sea.

We also heard that nine minutes into the attack we had reached a message to the Sixth Fleet and they were on their way with aircraft to help us. Little did we know until afterwards that three sets of aircraft were turned back.
"I think our society is run by insane people for insane objectives...I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends...but I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
~ John Lennon
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

USS Liberty - Israeli Pilot Speaks Up

http://www.rense.com/general39/pilot.htm
~ John Lennon
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

Nice countries, U.S. & Israel!

Navy Vet Honored, Foiled Israeli Attack
By Ray McGovern
June 1, 2009

What’s the difference between murder and massacre?

'The answer is Terry Halbardier, whose bravery and ingenuity as a 23-year-old Navy seaman spelled the difference between the murder of 34 of the USS Liberty crew and the intended massacre of all 294.

The date was June 8, 1967; and for the families of the 34 murdered and for the Liberty’s survivors and their families, it is a “date which will live in infamy” — like the date of an earlier surprise attack on the U.S. Navy.

The infamy is two-fold: (1) the Liberty, a virtually defenseless intelligence collection platform prominently flying an American flag in international waters, came under deliberate attack by Israeli aircraft and three 60-ton Israeli torpedo boats off the coast of the Sinai on a cloudless June afternoon during the six-day Israeli-Arab war; and (2) President Lyndon Johnson called back carrier aircraft dispatched to defend the Liberty lest Israel be embarrassed — the start of an unconscionable cover-up, including top Navy brass, that persists to this day.

Given all they have been through, the Liberty survivors and other veterans – who joined Halbardier to celebrate his belated receipt of the Silver Star – can be forgiven for having doubted that this day would ever come.' ...
~ John Lennon
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

It's too bad many don't care to study the past in order to understand the present...very sad indeed. How many 'blind-eyes' can there be turned?

US ship survivors tell Press TV of Israeli attack

A deadly Israeli attack on a US ship -- an incident largely kept in the dark by Washington -- receives new attention with survivors reliving the painful memory.

USS Liberty survivors gathered in Washington on Monday to commemorate the 42nd anniversary of the incident and expound on how they were sprayed with bullets by America's "closest ally and beneficiary".

On June 8, 1967, the unarmed spy ship USS Liberty was on duty in international waters off the Sinai Peninsula when it was bombarded by Israeli fighter jets and torpedo boats.

The two-hour-long attacks killed at least 34 sailors, wounded 173 others and nearly sunk the ship.

The attack on the Liberty came at a time when Israel had engaged in a brief but intense war with Egypt and its Arab allies, which coincided with the US war on Vietnam.

Although the ship was clearly marked as an American vessel, Israelis declared the attack on Liberty as a simple case of "friendly fire" and "mistaken identity".

Despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, former US president Lyndon Johnson accepted the Israeli claim and cancelled all investigations into the incident.

"It was a case of mistaken identity …I do not care if every man drowned and the ship sank, we will not embarrass an ally," Johnson had told his opponents who demanded an open congressional hearing to address the Israeli claim.

USS Liberty survivor Rick Almett, however, begged to differ.

"There was a conspiracy between our government and Israel. So that's the reason why they didn't pursue it and why the investigations were covered up because of the alliance of Israel and the United States,"
Almetti told Press TV.

In a separate interview with Press TV, Jim Smith -- another surviving member of the USS Liberty crew -- said the incident was "an intentional act by Israel to sink the ship with all hands and no survivors".

While there are many conspiracy theories as to why Israel attacked a ship of its top ally, Earnie Gallo -- who heads the USS Liberty Veterans Associations -- told Press TV that the attack was in fact designed to pave the way for an Israeli military incursion into the Golan Heights.

In 2003, an independent committee comprised of retired high-ranking military officers and a former US ambassador to the Middle East joined forces to investigate the Liberty attack and the subsequent cover-up.

Their pleas for an investigation, however, have fallen on deaf ears in the Congress as it continues to ignore the facts presented on the Liberty attack.

Former US military and political officials said they had been ordered to put the lid on the controversy surrounding the USS Liberty attack. "We were never to speak of it and we were to caution everyone else involved that they could never speak of it again," said former court Adm. Isaac C. Kidd.

Video...Israeli attack on USS Liberty (US Navy ship)
~ John Lennon
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

Israel can do no wrong, ever...

A Report: War Crimes Committed Against U.S. Military Personnel, June 8, 1967
Submitted to the Secretary of the Army in his capacity as Executive Agent for the Secretary of Defense, June 8, 2005.

'This report of war crimes committed against U.S. military personnel is submitted to the Honorable Secretary of the Army in his capacity as Executive Agent for the Secretary of Defense, pursuant to Department of Defense Directive Number 5810.01B (29 March 2004) [1] .

This Report is filed by the USS Liberty Veterans Association, Inc. a California non-profit corporation, recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a Section 501(c)(3) tax exempt veterans organization, acting on behalf of the surviving crewmembers of USS Liberty.'
~ John Lennon
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

Wrong article posted.
Last edited by kompili on Feb 21st, 2010, 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
We Have Been Conditioned To See Only What They Want Us To See.
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

i posted this story in the tic toc thread, they had no responce lol
GO CANUCKS GO
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

The USS Liberty after the Israeli attack that killed 34 U.S. servicemen and wounded 171. "The [Israeli] ground control station ordered the aircraft to attack and sink the target and ensure they left no survivors," Steve Forslund, a former USAF intelligence analyst told the Chicago Tribune.
mtnman1
Guru

Post by mtnman1 »

kompili wrote:The USS Liberty after the Israeli attack that killed 34 U.S. servicemen and wounded 171. "The [Israeli] ground control station ordered the aircraft to attack and sink the target and ensure they left no survivors," Steve Forslund, a former USAF intelligence analyst told the Chicago Tribune.

NOW you believe the "mainstream media"?? Sure...when it suits YOUR personal needs and agenda.
Lack of objection is implied consent.
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

mtnman1 wrote:
kompili wrote:The USS Liberty after the Israeli attack that killed 34 U.S. servicemen and wounded 171. "The [Israeli] ground control station ordered the aircraft to attack and sink the target and ensure they left no survivors," Steve Forslund, a former USAF intelligence analyst told the Chicago Tribune.

NOW you believe the "mainstream media"?? Sure...when it suits YOUR personal needs and agenda.

its a proven fact , stick to the topic or your grounded
GO CANUCKS GO
unclemarty
Board Meister

Post by unclemarty »

kompili wrote:...Begin had a Jewish supremacist view of the world, which he used to justify his crimes of terrorism and genocide.

"Our race is the Master Race," then Prime Minister Begin told the Knesset (Israeli parliament) in June 1982 as Israeli forces invaded Lebanon. "We Jews are divine gods on this planet. We are as different from the inferior races as they are from insects. In fact, compared to our race, other races are beasts and animals, cattle at best. Other races are considered as human excrement. Our destiny is to rule over the inferior races. Our earthly kingdom will be ruled by our leader with a rod of iron. The masses will lick our feet and serve us as our slaves."

There already exists enough actual instances of violence from misguided individuals to pad your anti-zionist efforts without resorting to obvious fabrications like the rediculous one above that's been widely used by the anti-zionist/"the Jews are responsible for 911" crowd.

The Knesset records of 1982 should speak for themselves - could you please find me the session transcript that contains that quote?
It's believed your "quote" was fabricated following a certain speech by Begin in which he warns "any two-footed animal" against further attacks on Israeli civilians. This reference to something less than human is thought to have served as the loose inspiration behind your false quote.

The children of Israel will happily go to school and joyfully return home, just like the children in Washington, in Moscow, and in Peking, in Paris and in Rome, in Oslo, in Stockholm and in Copenhagen. The fate of Jewish children has been different from all the children of the world throughout the generations. No more. We will defend our children. If the hand of any two-footed animal is raised against them, that hand will be cut off, and our children will grow up...

Menachem Begin (June 8, 1982) addressing the Knesset in response to a no-confidence motion over Israel's invasion of Lebanon.

Who cares if Begin never actually said what you posted if your psychic tells you he and all the other vicious Blood-Matza eating zionists are all actually thinking it - right?
Posting such blatant B.S. here only serves to further discredit yourself and your efforts - if that were still possible.
"Jerusalem is a port city on the shore of eternity." - Yehuda Amichai
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

I have no idea what you are talking about. If the article I posted upset you for some reason, I deleted it. I think you are wrong accusing me of something that does not exist. They are not my words only an article off the internet.
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

westsidebud wrote:
mtnman1 wrote:

its a proven fact , stick to the topic or your grounded

:dyinglaughing:
~ John Lennon
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

westsidebud wrote:i posted this story in the tic toc thread, they had no responce lol

Not surprising...they tend to have a preferred view of Israel and its actions (and, I would be willing to bet that some of them weren't even aware of the USS Liberty 'incident').
~ John Lennon

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”