The Global War on Terror

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Re: The Global War on Terror

Post by kompili »

This is how the U.S goes about fighting TERROR

Saddam's own wife is reported to have said that the guy who the Americans had in custody was Saddam's double. It was reported in 3 newspapers including Pravda.ru according to Joe Vialls.

The double has a very narrow face completely at odds
with the high cheek bones of the real Saddam; his eyes
are occidental rather than slightley oriental as the real
Saddam's eyes; he has an underbite instead of an
overbite; terrible teeth instead of good teeth.

I doubt that the double even lived in Iraq.

The iraqis were proud of the free dental care
which they got under Saddam and the double
looks like he is wearing dentures which means
he must have lost all or almost all of his teeth
due to poor dental hygiene.
We Have Been Conditioned To See Only What They Want Us To See.
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

Historian Howard Zinn: "Largest Lie" is the "U.S. War on Terrorism"
by Sherwood Ross
January 29, 2010

The “largest lie,” wrote hisorian Howard Zinn who died yesterday at age 87, is that “everything the United States does is to be pardoned because we are engaged in a ‘war on terrorism.’”

“This ignores the fact that war is itself terrorism, that the barging into people’s homes and taking away family members and subjecting them to torture, that is terrorism, that invading and bombing other countries does not give us more security but less security.”

In an article published previously in “The Long Term View” magazine of the Massachusetts School of Law, Zinn said that in the Fallujah area of Iraq Knight Ridder reporters found there was no Ba’athist or Sunni conspiracy against the U.S., “only people ready to fight because their relatives had been hurt or killed, or they themselves had been humiliated by home searches and road stops.”

Zinn, popularly known as the people’s historian, pointed out that the U.S. may have liberated Iraq from the tyranny of Saddam Hussein but afterwards it became Iraq’s occupier. He noted this is the same fate that befell Cuba after the U.S. liberated it from Spain in 1898. In both nations, the U.S. established military bases and U.S. corporations moved in to profit from the upheaval.

Zinn recalled the words of then Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld before the NATO ministers in Brussels in June, 2002, “the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence” of weapons of mass destruction. “That explains why this government, not knowing exactly where to find the criminals of September 11, will just go ahead and invade and bomb Afghanistan, killing thousands of people, driving hundreds of thousands from their homes, and still not know where the criminals are,” Zinn wrote.

“This explains why the government, not really knowing what weapons Saddam Hussein is hiding, will invade and bomb Iraq, to the horror of most of the world, killing thousands of civilians and soldiers and terrorizing the population,” he continued.

The historian pointed out that even if the U.S. experienced few battle casualties in its invasion of Iraq, casualties would mount afterwards in the occupying army from sickness and trauma, which took a high toll both in Viet Nam and after the Gulf War. In the 10 years after the Gulf War, 8,000 veterans died and 200,000 veterans filed complaints about illnesses incurred “from the weapons our government used in the war.”

Zinn predicted accurately that once the American public realized President Bush had lied to them about Iraq they would turn against the government. “When it loses its legitimacy in the eyes of its people, its days are numbered,” he said of the Bush administration.

Writing of his personal feelings, Zinn said, “I wake up in the morning, read the newspaper, and feel that we are an occupied country, that some alien group has taken over… I wake up thinking this country is in the grip of a President (George W. Bush) who was not elected, who has surrounded himself with thugs in suits who care nothing about human life abroad or here, who care nothing about freedom abroad or here, who care nothing about what happens to the earth, the water, the air. And I wonder what kind of world our children and grandchildren will inherit.”

Zinn called on his readers “to engage in whatever nonviolent actions appeal to us. There is no act too small, no act too bold. The history of social change is the history of millions of actions, small and large, coming together at critical points to create a power that governments cannot suppress. We find ourselves today at one of those critical points.”

The Massachusetts School of Law at Andover is a non-profit law school purposefully dedicated to the education of students from minority, immigrant, and low-income households who would otherwise not have the opportunity to obtain a legal education. Zinn’s article in The Long Term View first appeared in The Progressive magazine.

Sherwood Ross formerly worked as a reporter for the Chicago Daily News. Currently, he is a media consultant to Massachusetts School of Law at Andover. [email protected]
"I think our society is run by insane people for insane objectives...I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends...but I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
~ John Lennon
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

Harsh Reality of War
Video and NY Times Article Reveal Harsh War Realities

"There was a close-up of a soldier who was holding someone's severed leg. There were photos of Iraqis with the deathlike stare of shock, stunned by the fact that something previously unimaginable had just happened to them. There were photos of G.I.'s happily posing with the bodies of dead Iraqis. This is what happens in war. It's the sickening reality that is seldom seen in the censored, sanitized version of the conflict that Americans typically get from the government and the media. These pictures were circulated like trophies. Some were posted in command headquarters."
-- New York Times article on harsh realities of war, 5/5/05

http://www.wanttoknow.info/war/war_reality_harsh

Lifting the Censor's Veil on the Shame of Iraq
by Bob Herbert
Published on Thursday, May 5, 2005 by the New York Times
"I think our society is run by insane people for insane objectives...I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends...but I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
~ John Lennon
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

They Killed Pregnant Women
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php ... 909&ref=*bleep*

Don't Let Them Get Away With Murder [HD]
by Rethink Afghanistan
5:50

On Feb. 12, U.S. and allied special forces attacked what turned out to be a baby shower in Afghanistan, killing two local officials and three women, two of them pregnant. Instead of getting immediate medical treatment for those civilians who were not killed instantly, reports indicate that the special forces personnel focused on destroying evidence of their crime, going so far as to dig the bullets out of the bodies.

We can't let them get away with a cover-up.

Sign the petition calling for an independent U.N.-led investigation.
http://www.facebook.com/rethinkafghanis ... 0531514314
~ John Lennon
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

Why are we 'over there'?...Oh, right, it's in support of the response to the attacks of September 11, 2001. Well, if you didn't already know (and I'm sure most are aware), 9/11 was orchestrated by an evil faction within the US govt (Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and the rest of the treasonous murderers). Heck, it could be argued that the supposed '19 scary Muslims' didn't even hijack the planes on that fateful day!

So, again, why are we 'over there'?!

Soldiers ‘joked about killing women and children’
http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0512/soldie ... -children/

' An Iraq War veteran who served with the company shown in the "Collateral Murder" video released by whistleblower web site Wikileaks says the military trained him to dehumanize Iraqis.

In a videotaped interview released Wednesday, Josh Stieber told The Real News Network things that troops did on a regular basis in basic training, including chanting during marches, were the start of his loss of faith in the US military.

Josh Stieber enlisted in the army after graduating high school. He was deployed to Baghdad from February 2007 to April 2008 with the military company shown on the ground in the Collateral Murder video. He was granted conscientious objector status upon his return home from Baghdad.

In an interview with Real News Network senior editor Paul Jay, Steiber said he was alarmed in basic training when the chants "even joked about killing women and children."

STIEBER: One that stands out in my mind is—it goes, "I went down to the market where all the women shop/I pulled out my machete and I begin to chop/I went down to the park where all the children play/I pulled out my machine gun and I begin to spray." '...

Support the troops?...No thanks, I denounce the military.
~ John Lennon
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

Banks, drugs and US-sponsored terrorism
http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/906.html

'Where do the world's global drug dealers put their money?

The big banks we all know and love.

The rabbit hole of the international drug business goes deep and Uncle Sam always seems to be right in the middle of where ever the action is.

Info from Peter Dale Scott.'

Drugs and the Economy - Peter Dale Scott on Economics 101 (1/2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvhiK0reDwE

Opium fields guarded by US troops
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Clca6YtYvCI
~ John Lennon
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

emphasis added...

Time Magazine, U.S. Government Using Afghan Women to Sell War?
http://accuracy.org/newsrelease.php?articleId=2301
July 30, 2010

The new Time magazine cover featuring a young Afghan woman with her nose missing and the headline "What Happens If We Leave Afghanistan?" has been challenged by many critics, including:

* FAIR -- "Time Magazine: We Cannot Leave Afghanistan"

* Greg Mitchell -- "What ALSO Happens If We Leave Afghanistan"

* Feminist Peace Network -- "Time Magazine Once Again Trots Out the Tired and Inexcusable 'We're in Afghanistan (and Have to Stay) to Protect Women' Mantra"

The following, who have focused on Afghan women, are available for interviews:

NAHID AZIZ [currently in France] - [email protected]
Available for a limited number of interviews, Aziz is an Afghan woman who is a professor of clinical psychology at Argosy University in Washington, D.C. She is also vice president of the group Afghan Education for a Better Tomorrow.

She has written several pieces on Afghan women for Psychologists for Social Responsibility.

SONALI KOLHATKAR - [email protected]
Kolhatkar is co-author of the book Bleeding Afghanistan: Washington, Warlords, and the Propaganda of Silence. She is also co-director of the Afghan Women's Mission, a U.S.-based nonprofit that supports women's rights activists in Afghanistan.

She said today: "This is the same type of justification that the Soviets used (among others) to explain why they should remain in Afghanistan: to save Afghan women from the 'backward' fundamentalists. Foreign armies have always sought to protect Afghan women from violence by fomenting violence themselves. But in the end, just like the Soviets did backroom deals with radical misogynist groups, the U.S. has been empowering non-Taliban misogynist fundamentalists since the start of this war. There are incidents happening every day in Afghanistan of women and girls being harassed, raped, flogged and killed by pro-U.S. warlords and local commanders that are not working with the Taliban -- these incidents are rarely covered by the Western media. In many ways the U.S. occupation has actually made things worse for Afghan women. Afghan women activists I work with prefer to resist two threats to their security (the Taliban and the U.S.-backed central government) instead of three (the third being the U.S./NATO occupation) and have long called for U.S. forces to leave. Time magazine is playing to age-old racist stereotypes: that brown women need a foreign white army to save them from their men."

For more information, contact at the Institute for Public Accuracy:
Sam Husseini, (202) 347-0020
~ John Lennon
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

The death of Dr. David Kelly...

He was one of the UK's (and world's) most important experts on biowarfare.

He threatened to expose the government fraud leading up to the Iraq War.

He "killed himself" by cutting his wrists with a pen knife.

What's wrong with this fable?

It takes an Iranian newscast to shed some real light on the story.

What a world we live in when Russia and Iran are better sources of news that our own countries.
http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/923.html

IranTV Discussing Dr Kelly's Death with Morris Herman
http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/923.html

Anthrax War - David Kelly
http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/922.html
~ John Lennon
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

The War on Terror is a Fraud - Paul Craig Roberts
http://911blogger.com/news/2010-10-19/w ... ig-roberts

Paul Craig Roberts
Fri, 15 Oct 2010

Does anyone remember the "cakewalk war" that would last six weeks, cost $50-$60 billion, and be paid for out of Iraqi oil revenues?

Does anyone remember that White House economist Lawrence Lindsey was fired by Dubya because Lindsey estimated that the Iraq war could cost as much as $200 billion?

Lindsey was fired for over-estimating the cost of a war that, according to Joseph Stiglitz and Linda Bilmes, has cost 15 times more than Lindsey estimated. And the US still has 50,000 troops in Iraq.

Does anyone remember that just prior to the US invasion of Iraq, the US government declared victory over the Taliban in Afghanistan?

Does anyone remember that the reason Dubya gave for invading Iraq was Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction, weapons that the US government knew did not exist?

Are Americans aware that the same neoconservatives who made these fantastic mistakes, or told these fabulous lies, are still in control of the government in Washington?

The "war on terror" is now in its tenth year. What is it really all about?

The bottom line answer is that the "war on terror" is about creating real terrorists. The US government desperately needs real terrorists in order to justify its expansion of its wars against Muslim countries and to keep the American people sufficiently fearful that they continue to accept the police state that provides "security from terrorists," but not from the government that has discarded civil liberties.

The US government creates terrorists by invading Muslim countries, wrecking infrastructure and killing vast numbers of civilians. The US also creates terrorists by installing puppet governments to rule over Muslims and by using the puppet governments to murder and persecute citizens as is occurring on a vast scale in Pakistan today.

Neoconservatives used 9/11 to launch their plan for US world hegemony. Their plan fit with the interests of America's ruling oligarchies. Wars are good for the profits of the military/security complex, about which President Eisenhower warned us in vain a half century ago. American hegemony is good for the oil industry's control over resources and resource flows. The transformation of the Middle East into a vast American puppet state serves well the Israel Lobby's Zionist aspirations for Israeli territorial expansion.

Most Americans cannot see what is happening because of their conditioning. Most Americans believe that their government is the best on earth, that it is morally motivated to help others and to do good, that it rushes aid to countries where there is famine and natural catastrophes. Most believe that their presidents tell the truth, except about their sexual affairs.

The persistence of these delusions is extraordinary in the face of daily headlines that report US government bullying of, and interference with, virtually every country on earth. The US policy is to buy off, overthrow, or make war on leaders of other countries who represent their peoples' interests instead of American interests. A recent victim was the president of Honduras who had the wild idea that the Honduran government should serve the Honduran people.

The American government was able to have the Honduran president discarded, because the Honduran military is trained and supplied by the US military. It is the same case in Pakistan, where the US government has the Pakistani government making war on its own people by invading tribal areas that the Americans consider to be friendly to the Taliban, al Qaeda, "militants" and "terrorists."

Earlier this year a deputy US Treasury secretary ordered Pakistan to raise taxes so that the Pakistani government could more effectively make war on its own citizens for the Americans. On October 14 US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton ordered Pakistan to again raise taxes or the US would withhold flood aid. Clinton pressured America's European puppet states to do the same, expressing in the same breath that the US government was worried by British cuts in the military budget. God forbid that the hard-pressed British, still reeling from American financial fraud, don't allocate enough money to fight America's wars.

On Washington's orders, the Pakistani government launched a military offensive against Pakistani citizens in the Swat Valley that killed large numbers of Pakistanis and drove millions of civilians from their homes. Last July the US instructed Pakistan to send its troops against the Pakistani residents of North Waziristan. On July 6 Jason Ditz reported on antiwar.com that "at America's behest, Pakistan has launched offensives against [the Pakistani provinces of] Swat Valley, Bajaur, South Waziristan, Orakzai,and Khyber."

A week later Israel's US Senator Carl Levin (D,MI) called for escalating the Obama Administration's policies of US airstrikes against Pakistan's tribal areas. On September 30, the Pakistani newspaper, The Frontier Post, wrote that the American air strikes "are, plain and simple, a naked aggression against Pakistan."

The US claims that its forces in Afghanistan have the right to cross into Pakistan in pursuit of "militants." Recently US helicopter gunships killed three Pakistani soldiers who they mistook for Taliban. Pakistan closed the main US supply route to Afghanistan until the Americans apologized.

Pakistan warned Washington against future attacks. However, US military officials, under pressure from Obama to show progress in the endless Afghan war, responded to Pakistan's warning by calling for expanding the Afghan war into Pakistan. On October 5 the Canadian journalist Eric Margolis wrote that "the US edges closer to invading Pakistan."

In his book, Obama's Wars, Bob Woodward reports that America's puppet president of Pakistan, Asif Ali Zardari, believes that terrorist bombing attacks inside Pakistan for which the Taliban are blamed are in fact CIA operations designed to destabilize Pakistan and allow Washington to seize Pakistan's nuclear weapons.

To keep Pakistan in line, the US government changed its position that the "Times Square Bombing" was the work of a "lone wolf." Attorney General Eric Holder switched the blame to the "Pakistani Taliban," and Secretary of State Clinton threatened Pakistan with "very serious consequences" for the unsuccessful Times Square bombing, which likely was a false flag operation aimed at Pakistan.

To further heighten tensions, on September 1 the eight members of a high-ranking Pakistani military delegation in route to a meeting in Tampa, Florida, with US Central Command, were rudely treated and detained as terrorist suspects at Washington DC's Dulles Airport.

For decades the US government has enabled repeated Israeli military aggression against Lebanon and now appears to be getting into gear for another Israeli assault on the former American protectorate of Lebanon. On October 14 the US government expressed its "outrage" that the Lebanese government had permitted a visit by Iranian President Ahmadinejad, who is the focus of Washington's intense demonization efforts. Israel's representatives in the US Congress threatened to stop US military aid to Lebanon, forgetting that US Rep. Howard Berman (D,CA) has had aid to Lebanon blocked since last August to punish Lebanon for a border clash with Israel.

Perhaps the most telling headline of all is the October 14 report, "Somalia's New American Primer Minister." An American has been installed as the Prime Minister of Somalia, an American puppet government in Mogadishu backed up by thousands of Ugandan troops paid by Washington.

This barely scratches the surface of Washington's benevolence toward other countries and respect for their rights, borders, and lives of their citizens.

Meanwhile, to silence Wikileaks and to prevent any more revelations of American war crimes, the "freedom and democracy" government in DC has closed down Wikileaks' donations by placing the organization on its "watch list" and by having the Australian puppet government blacklist Wikileaks.

Wikileaks is now akin to a terrorist organization. The American government's practice of silencing critics will spread across the Internet.

Remember, they hate us because we have freedom and democracy, First Amendment rights, habeas corpus, respect for human rights, and show justice and mercy to all.

About: Paul Craig Roberts http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Craig_Roberts
~ John Lennon
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

Thanks Peaceseeker for the great article. I took a very important piece out of the article and posted it below, I think this is something people have to realize, come to grips with, and start taking some kind of action to stop it before it is to late, if it is not too late already.

The "war on terror" is now in its tenth year. What is it really all about?

The bottom line answer is that the "war on terror" is about creating real terrorists. The US government desperately needs real terrorists in order to justify its expansion of its wars against Muslim countries and to keep the American people sufficiently fearful that they continue to accept the police state that provides "security from terrorists," but not from the government that has discarded civil liberties.
We Have Been Conditioned To See Only What They Want Us To See.
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

Alex brings us up to date - Financial fraud, bogus elections, staged terror

"Explosive material, but not bombs..."

Q: How did America fall?
A: Guys in caves sent explosive printer cartridges to us from Yemen.

You gotta love Alex Jones for laying it all out in all its utter manufactured preposterousness.

The sad thing is the majority of the population in the US and the UK still buy the government BS lock, stock, and barrel.

Are more people catching on?

Absolutely.

Will it happen "in time?"

Hard to say, but no one can blame Jones for being shy about explaining it loudly and often in exquisite detail.
http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/962.html

More from Alex Jones on staged terror

It's hard for normal people to imagine that anyone could be so twisted as to stage terror events - including ones that kill people -merely for the purpose of political gain.

Well, welcome to the world of government.

Government is not your friend. Never was.

Government exists for one purpose and for one purpose only:

to make sure you're sheared regularly and are under control.

If you don't believe that, you haven't been reading your history books.
http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/963.html

Last edited by peaceseeker on May 2nd, 2012, 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ John Lennon
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

And the beat goes on...

Death of Dr. David Kelly: Disinformation, Censorship and Coverup by the British Media
http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=21918
by Dr. Stephen Frost
Global Research, November 14, 2010

Global Research Editor's Note
Global Research is publishing what the "progressive" British press has refused to publish concerning the mysterious death of Dr. David Kelly.
http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=21918
~ John Lennon
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

Why does the FBI Orchestrate Fake Terror Plots?
November 30, 2010, Global Research

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php? ... &aid=22175

The latest one snared Osman Mohamud, a Somali-American teenager in Portland, Oregon. The Associated Press report by William Mall and Nedra Pickler (11-27-10) ... makes it clear that it was a plot orchestrated by federal agents. Two sentences into the news report we have this: "The bomb was an elaborate fake supplied by the [FBI] agents and the public was never in danger, authorities said." The teenager was supplied with a fake bomb and a fake detonator. Documents released by US Attorney Dwight Holton "show the sting operation began in June." Obviously, the targeted Portland teenager was not hot to trot. The FBI had to work on him for six months. The reporters compare "the Portland sting" to the recent arrest in Virginia of Faroque Ahmed who was ensnared in a "bombing plot that was a ruse conducted over the past six months by federal officials." Think about this. The FBI did a year's work in order to convince two people to participate in fake plots. When the US government has to go to such lengths to create "terrorists" out of hapless people, an undeclared agenda is being served. What could this agenda be? The answer is many agendas. One agenda is to justify wars of aggression that are war crimes under the Nuremberg standard created by the US government itself. Another agenda is to create a police state. A police state can control people who object to their impoverishment for the benefit of the superrich much more easily than can a democracy endowed with constitutional civil liberties. Another agenda is to get rich. Terror plots, whether real or orchestrated, have created a market for security.

Note: Though the source of this article is not considered major media, the writer, Paul Craig Roberts, served as an Assistant Secretary of the Treasury in the Reagan administration, earning fame as a co-founder of Reaganomics. He is a former editor and columnist for the Wall Street Journal, Business Week, and Scripps-Howard News Service. Roberts has been a critic of both Democratic and Republican administrations.
~ John Lennon
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

Homeland Security is a Scam - Common sense says disband it

Out of control and growing beyond all rationality.

It makes up it's own rules as it goes along.

It spends money like water and grows like a cancer - and is even less welcome.

The solution is simple: Dismantle Homeland Security.

Let the Coast Guard, Immigration and Customs etc. do their jobs without the highly dubious benefits of being administered by people like Napolitano and Chertoff.
http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/971.html

This was recorded two years ago. It's even more relevant today.

Why with a minuscule terror threat do we have a cabinet position and endlessly growing budget for "Homeland Security?"

It's a joke - and a danger...especially when one figures out what truly happened on 9/11 - in that it was a false-flag event perpetuated by the Bush admn and used against the American public for various means.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjrYtWW0k6Y
Last edited by peaceseeker on May 2nd, 2012, 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ John Lennon
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

And the beat goes on...
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=17747&start=45#p814529

The papers which could finally force full inquest into the death of Dr. David Kelly
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php? ... &aid=22392
by Miles Goslett
Global Research, December 13, 2010

EXCLUSIVE: Published for the first time, the papers which could finally force full inquest into the death of Dr David Kelly

Questions: Campaigners have been attempting to get a full inquest into the death of Dr David Kelly since 2004

Today, the Daily Mail publishes for the first time the legal document which could trigger a full coroner's inquest into the death of Dr David Kelly.

The document, formally known as a memorial was written by group of campaigning doctors who have been trying to secure an inquest since 2004.

It lists the sequence of events which led up to Dr Kelly's death and the legal reasons they believe an inquest ought to be held.

It was sent to Attorney General Dominic Grieve QC by the doctors' lawyers, Leigh Day & Co., in September. Mr Grieve, who has read the document, is now considering whether to allow an application to the High Court for an inquest. The Mail has learnt that he has recently appointed a medical expert to assist him. His decision is expected shortly.

Dr Kelly, a world-renowned weapons inspector, is said to have killed himself after being named as the prime source of a BBC report accusing Tony Blair’s government of lying to take Britain into war.

His body was found in woods close to his home in Oxfordshire on July 18 2003. Uniquely, for an unexpected death such as his, no coroner’s inquest has ever been held.

The Hutton inquiry into his death found that he killed himself after slashing his wrist with a blunt knife and overdosing on painkillers.

On Monday the Mail revealed that no fingerprints were found on the blister packs of pills which Dr Kelly supposedly took. No fingerprints were recovered either from the knife or a bottle of water found by his side. He was not wearing gloves when his body was found, nor were there gloves anywhere near the body.

The memorial argues that Dr Kelly’s death was not sufficiently investigated and claims that there are a large number of irregularities surrounding it.

It names Lord Falconer, once Tony Blair's flatmate and in June 2003 appointed Lord Chancellor, as the architect of the public inquiry into Dr Kelly's death chaired by Lord Hutton.

More...

* READ THE FULL REPORT INTO DR KELLY'S DEATH HERE

It was Falconer who proposed the controversial decision to abandon a coroner's inquest, where witnesses would be cross-examined under oath, and replace it with a non-statutory examination of the circumstances leading to Dr Kelly's death. As a result no witness, including Tony Blair and his press secretary Alastair Campbell, swore an oath or was cross-examined.

Dr Nicholas Hunt, the Home Office forensic pathologist who carried out the autopsy on Dr Kelly, is also criticised in the memorial for having breached professional guidelines by giving a newspaper interview earlier this year in which he called Dr Kelly's death a 'textbook suicide'. His failure to properly carry out his duties at the scene where Dr Kelly's body was found is outlined.

The memorial addresses - and answers - each of the six legal points necessary for a coroner's inquest to be re-opened. Under section 13 of the Coroners Act 1988 only one of these points has to be satisfied for an inquest to take place.

The 10,000-word document was co-authored by doctors Stephen Frost, Martin Birnstingl, Christopher Burns-Cox, David Halpin and Andrew Rouse.

It also requests that if an inquest is held a new coroner should be appointed to oversee it, replacing Oxfordshire coroner Nicholas Gardiner.

Dr Michael Powers QC, who has been instructed to represent the doctors in their legal action, said: 'The circumstances of this case are highly unusual. Evidential issues have been debated in public for want of an inquest.

'The Attorney General's department has had three months to consider the matter. The time has come for the doctors’ Memorial also to be put into the public domain.

'It is vital that as many people as possible are aware of the process and the legal reason why there should be an inquest.'

Global Research Articles by Miles Goslett
~ John Lennon

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”