2008 UFO near Kelowna?

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
kelvin911
Fledgling

2008 UFO near Kelowna?

Post by kelvin911 »

see link, quite an interesting story

http://www.ufocasebook.com/2008c/kelownaman.html
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: 2008 UFO near kelowna??

Post by Relentless »

I cant remember the exact date but I do remember the time, it was 1:30 in the morning in late August or early September when I saw 3 lights shaped liked a triangle in the sky above West Kelowna(or further west). The lights were very bright, changing from red, to blue, to white like x-mas lights that change color. The lights also moved around the sky for about half an hour and then vanished completely, never to be seen again until in January when I saw them again in the same place, and once again vanished quickly at about 1:30 a.m.
Born_again
Guru

Post by Born_again »

I always find it rather strange that humans would assume that an extraterrestrial UFO would require lights. If they had the technology to travel hundreds of light-years across the universe, I'm fairly certain that halogen bulbs would not be part of their technical make-up.
OffRoad
Übergod

Post by OffRoad »

Born_again wrote:I always find it rather strange that humans would assume that an extraterrestrial UFO would require lights. If they had the technology to travel hundreds of light-years across the universe, I'm fairly certain that halogen bulbs would not be part of their technical make-up.

Perhaps the lights are by-products of power generation or propulsion?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Maybe the lights are to attract bugs (us)!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
kelvin911
Fledgling

Post by kelvin911 »

Bsuds wrote:Maybe the lights are to attract bugs (us)!

never thought of that but it s true
DANSPEED
Übergod

Post by DANSPEED »

They probably took one look at the price of homes and went back to Alpha Centauri!

These UFO stories always make me laugh! Have you noticed they all follow the same pattern? Remote area. Usually at night. Sketchy details. Poor quality blurry pictures or jerky video. Mostly men with zero credibility either fishing, hunting or driving. Story always includes bright lights, noise or magnetic disturbance. No mention of alcohol. Just once I'd wish someone credible and in the public eye published a UFO story like maybe Gordon Campbell, Jim Pattison or the chief of police.

And why does extraterrestrial life come all that way just to hover over a small remote town then take off? Maybe it's some sort of alien nicky nicky nine doors.

Still it's a great "story."
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

DANSPEED wrote: Just once I'd wish someone credible and in the public eye published a UFO story like maybe Gordon Campbell, Jim Pattison or the chief of police.

You are nuts if you believe anything they would say! :dyinglaughing:
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

DANSPEED wrote: Just once I'd wish someone credible and in the public eye published a UFO story like maybe Gordon Campbell, Jim Pattison or the chief of police.

UFO story from the 3 blind mice, that would be a good story.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
DANSPEED
Übergod

Post by DANSPEED »

Bsuds wrote:

You are nuts if you believe anything they would say! :dyinglaughing:

How about if they mentioned alien gang probing?

Don't you think Gordon Campbell's story about drinking and driving in Hawaii would have been more interesting if aliens were involved?

I'd believe it if George W. Bush said he had a UFO alien encounter. It sure would explain allot!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: 2008 UFO near Kelowna?

Post by Bsuds »

Dubbya is an Alien encounter!
DANSPEED
Übergod

Re: 2008 UFO near Kelowna?

Post by DANSPEED »

Do people really believe these UFO stories?

I believe there's extraterrestrial life, but I hope they don't come here. We can't even get along with ethnic or religious minorities! Reminds me of the movie Alien Nation.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

DANSPEED wrote:They probably took one look at the price of homes and went back to Alpha Centauri!

These UFO stories always make me laugh! Have you noticed they all follow the same pattern? Remote area. Usually at night. Sketchy details. Poor quality blurry pictures or jerky video. Mostly men with zero credibility either fishing, hunting or driving. Story always includes bright lights, noise or magnetic disturbance. No mention of alcohol. Just once I'd wish someone credible and in the public eye published a UFO story like maybe Gordon Campbell, Jim Pattison or the chief of police.

And why does extraterrestrial life come all that way just to hover over a small remote town then take off? Maybe it's some sort of alien nicky nicky nine doors.

Still it's a great "story."

Check out this 5 part vid, all sightings from high ranking pilots and astronauts... I'm guessing they all have a bit higher than zero credibility.

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=16081&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=ufo&start=45#p421566
They say you can't believe everything they say.
DANSPEED
Übergod

Post by DANSPEED »

zzontar wrote:Check out this 5 part vid, all sightings from high ranking pilots and astronauts... I'm guessing they all have a bit higher than zero credibility.

Yeah I've seen these types of shows before. Makes for good TV ratings. Lots of jerky clips, blurry BW photo's and iffy eye witness reports. And I really don't think these shows are going to reveal a captured UFO or alien. "Coming up after the commercial we talk with an alien for the first time."

Credibility is a funny thing. Why should I believe the story of a high ranking pilot over say a Louisiana crawfish farmer? I don't know either. And a astronaut can't lie? Until there's tangible proof these are just stories.

What happened to alien probing stories? Not in fashion anymore. I haven't heard a good alien probing story in years. :dyinglaughing:
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

DANSPEED wrote:
zzontar wrote:Check out this 5 part vid, all sightings from high ranking pilots and astronauts... I'm guessing they all have a bit higher than zero credibility.

Yeah I've seen these types of shows before. Makes for good TV ratings. Lots of jerky clips, blurry BW photo's and iffy eye witness reports. And I really don't think these shows are going to reveal a captured UFO or alien. "Coming up after the commercial we talk with an alien for the first time."

Credibility is a funny thing. Why should I believe the story of a high ranking pilot over say a Louisiana crawfish farmer? I don't know either. And a astronaut can't lie? Until there's tangible proof these are just stories.

What happened to alien probing stories? Not in fashion anymore. I haven't heard a good alien probing story in years. :dyinglaughing:

So, if pilots and astronauts who risk their reputations to reveal what they saw aren't considered credible witnesses, what kind of person in your opinion would make a credible witness? First you claim if it's a hunter or fisherman they'd have zero credibility, and now you're saying a crawfish farmer is as credible as anyone else. ??? :137:

As far as your fascination with probing, it's probably just an experimental phase you're going through.
They say you can't believe everything they say.

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”