It's not going to be OK

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Re: It's Not Going to Be OK

Post by JLives »

I've deleted the derailing. Let's get back to topic and stop with the insults to other posters.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

Regarding some claims that numbers don't add up...please keep in mind that there are many millions of people throughout the world who don't have the luxury of having contact with any type of media...also, remember the power of influence through repeated conversation (I remember a shampoo commercial from the 70's...'I told two friends, and they tell two friends, and they tell two friends, etc.').
Murdoch's journalistic empire, 'News Corporation', spreading a heavy 'right-wing' view to the masses is dangerous and will eventually curb one's thinking.

Anywho, back to the essay written by Chris Hedges...I stumbled upon the piece after doing some reading on Sheldon Wolin and thought I would provide it for the readers. The politcal philosophers/activists of our world (past/present) are who we should be listening to...and we need to step away from the same ol' same ol' provided by our loving leaders who do not have our best interests at the forefront of their 'political agendas'.
"I think our society is run by insane people for insane objectives...I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends...but I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
~ John Lennon
twz1982

Post by twz1982 »

On Monday I'm going to go and insure my vintage BMW motorcycle for the season. Also made my 1st walk to Paul's Tomb last Sunday.

I'd suggest some of us seriously need to start getting out and about and away from the TV and computer...

:sunshine:
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

twz1982 wrote:On Monday I'm going to go and insure my vintage BMW motorcycle for the season. Also made my 1st walk to Paul's Tomb last Sunday.

I'd suggest some of us seriously need to start getting out and about and away from the TV and computer...

:sunshine:

Ahh yes, frolicking in the sunshine...that's a great idea twz1982! (I remember those days well...although physical health issues do not permit any longer...see my pm to you)
I hope you enjoy the time you are able to spend on your vintage BMW motorcycle...and please make sure to keep watch for the crazy drivers (cars always beat bikes in a fight).
"I think our society is run by insane people for insane objectives...I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends...but I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
~ John Lennon
eyepop
Lord of the Board

Post by eyepop »

"..Are they just feeding us crap that the audience wants to hear? Fox News and Glenn Beck are preaching revolution? they are bringing up Civil War? Now they say the government is becoming too powerful?....

They are just desensitizing you to the ugly future that you're about to embark on. They are letting you know how unfair, unjust, and unconstitutional the Government is on purpose! It's part of the agenda. Some people...know about this trick... "Show it to you before it happens." ..."

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread440249/pg1

"The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth. The Matrix (1999)
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Last summer on Larry King, Former Navy Seal, Wrestler, movie actor, Governor of Minnesota, Jesse Ventura told Larry that there is a revolution coming to America. Interesting comment.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

So AlanH, so what conspiracies you talking about that you've called me on? Refresh my memory? The first ones to come to mind are the coming NWO and the coming computer chip inserted into humans. So what were you calling me on? You and your 3 amigo friends truly try to smear those of us that are warning of the coming world government. All you do is criticize and never come up with any proof it's not going to happen.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

averagejoe wrote:All you do is criticize and never come up with any proof it's not going to happen.

Um... how exactly is someone supposed to prove something is not going to happen? I'm not up on that little trick. Perhaps you could help us by proving we won't be overrun by giant mosquito beings from the planet Zarfnot.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
Big ned
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Big ned »

Much of the media is taking their cue from the President. He has been preaching gloom and doom to get his gigantic spending bill passed. There are many, including Bill Clinton, who are telling him to shut his yap unless he has something positive to say.

There was an interesting comparison on CNN today that contrasted President Carter's gloom and doom preaching to Reagan's preaching of hope and how drastically different the results were. The president has a lot of clout on the confidence of the people. Unfortunately, politics have once again got in the way. In order to get support for his big government spending spree (which has reached 3 trillion now) he had to go tell everyone how awful things are. He had better start changing his tune quickly or his predictions will come true.

Positive mental attitude people... that is what is going to get us through.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

I think it's better that he throws some reality into his speeches rather than standing on a podium saying it's all good while everything's crumbling around him. I'm guessing people could fare the last recession better than if this one hits the same scale because back then it was more of a "pull up your pants and tough it out" attitude as compared to the "you're the center of the universe and you'll make it through without having to put in the effort because daddy can just buy a new economy on credit" attitude of today.

A lot of people didn't like Ralph Klein's idea of having to make some sacrifices to get rid of Alberta's deficit and debt, yet it appeared the plan worked out well without much suffering. I would rather someone tell me I'm about to eat a piece of crap then candy coat it and try to feed it to me.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Big ned
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Big ned »

Difference is, unless you are living under a rock, you know how bad the economy is. The other difference is that Ralph used some fiscal responsibility and made cuts to governments and programs. Obama is doing just the opposite. He is pouring trillions into the economy with really very little oversight and direction as to where it specifically will go. He is expanding government instead of cutting back... the comparison is really a very poor one. The pork in the last week that has be rammed down the throats of the people is stunning.

Don't throw good money after bad. That is what they should be using as a mantra. The auto bailout has already failed, the banks shouldn't be bailed out... the peoples money that was in the banks should. Let the organizations that did the wrong thing (and the people who overextended themselves) pay the price for their lack of judgment. It will be a good lesson going forward.

I estimate less than half of what the democrats put out there could have been spent... Now they have to hope China buys their debt, or they are printing money that is worth nothing. You will see inflation skyrocket and joblessness rate hit double digits. Obama should have studied Reagan and done the right thing. Reagan told them it would be tough, but was positive about the future. Obama has been preaching gloom and doom just so he can try to socialize the US with massive programs.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Let the organizations that did the wrong thing (and the people who overextended themselves) pay the price for their lack of judgment. It will be a good lesson going forward.

That I agree with completely, but I think it's way easier said than done.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Big ned
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Big ned »

yes, you are right. No less painful than what is on the horizon with the democrats strategy. All that is going to happen eventually anyway, except in the future it will be with a 3 trillion dollar deficit that will be that much more painful...

Oh well. C'est la vie.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

AlanH wrote: Now then, please explain how 400 Million people equates to 75% of the world's population.

I think he was referring to the population by mass. If you take the 400 Million fat Americans, Canadians, and Sumo Wrestlers they weight 2 times that of the combined weight of other 6 billion people (excluding the Jews as they aren't really people). Remember only the fattest people would be dumb enough to be duped.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Swoop
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Swoop »

Glacier wrote:
AlanH wrote: Now then, please explain how 400 Million people equates to 75% of the world's population.

I think he was referring to the population by mass. If you take the 400 Million fat Americans, Canadians, and Sumo Wrestlers they weight 2 times that of the combined weight of other 6 billion people (excluding the Jews as they aren't really people). Remember only the fattest people would be dumb enough to be duped.

W...T...F...???? Please tell me that somehow this wacked statement was made in some form of jest??

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”