Charlie Sheen's 9/11 rant rocks the US

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
steelrules
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Charlie Sheen's 9/11 rant rocks the US

Post by steelrules »

Yes, but lets look at it from the other side can people ask questions, not trust their governments and still be considered a patriot?
Nebula wrote:Well here's a question for you, joe. Can someone love their country, be a patriot, and not believe a word of the 9/11 conspiracy talk?
"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves"
Edward R Murrow
Now a proud member of the NRA & Canadian Sport Shooting Association.
Sic Semper Tyrannis
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

steelrules wrote:Yes, but lets look at it from the other side can people ask questions, not trust their governments and still be considered a patriot?
Nebula wrote:Well here's a question for you, joe. Can someone love their country, be a patriot, and not believe a word of the 9/11 conspiracy talk?

Absolutely.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Just because your a Canadian. Doesn't mean your a Patroit. There's lots of people out there selling this country out.

CaptainAwesome wrote:
averagejoe wrote:Absolutley! Just don't include yourself in that realm.

Well, it would be weird for Nebula to be one of them. Being Canadian and all.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
steelrules
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by steelrules »

So why is it so difficult to have a discussion on this forum with out being attacked by the nay sayers side. we are all patriots here aren't we?
Nebula wrote:
steelrules wrote:Yes, but lets look at it from the other side can people ask questions, not trust their governments and still be considered a patriot?

Absolutely.
Edward R Murrow
Sic Semper Tyrannis
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

9/11 was no hologram. It was brought down just as planned.
Last edited by kompili on Sep 16th, 2009, 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We Have Been Conditioned To See Only What They Want Us To See.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

averagejoe wrote:Just because your a Canadian. Doesn't mean your a Patroit. There's lots of people out there selling this country out.

That made no sense.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

steelrules wrote:So why is it so difficult to have a discussion on this forum with out being attacked by the nay sayers side. we are all patriots here aren't we?

I'll the leave the question of who is a patriot or not to another time. As for why it is difficult to have a discussion, I believe it is because, in all honesty, both sides are firmly entrenched in their beliefs.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Ok, that's enough of derailing the thread and hiding the truth for today.
My work is done.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Nebula wrote:
averagejoe wrote:Just because your a Canadian. Doesn't mean your a Patroit. There's lots of people out there selling this country out.

That made no sense.

But it made sense to me. One's nationality does not dictate whether or not one is patriotic to the State. A Canadian does not need to be patriotic to Canada.

Here we have a breakdown of what is a "national", a Nation, a Nation-State, a Country and a minority within a Country. Are the Basque patriotic to Spain? Maybe. Did the Quebecois have a vote to separate from Canada? Not very patriotic was it.
Last edited by Queen K on Sep 16th, 2009, 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

CaptainAwesome wrote:Ok, that's enough of derailing the thread and hiding the truth for today.
My work is done.

A days work well done Captain. :hailjo:
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

CA you are funny! I can't stop giggling! You should do stand up. You do come out with very good ones. All the best CA!

CaptainAwesome wrote:Ok, that's enough of derailing the thread and hiding the truth for today.
My work is done.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

03 fire survivor

Post by 03 fire survivor »

Main Entry: pa·tri·ot
Pronunciation: \ˈpā-trē-ət, -ˌät, chiefly British ˈpa-trē-ət\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle French patriote compatriot, from Late Latin patriota, from Greek patriōtēs, from patria lineage, from patr-, patēr father
Date: 1605
: one who loves his or her country and supports its authority and interests
steelrules
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by steelrules »

Loving your country and swallowing government lies are two completely different things.
Nebula wrote:
steelrules wrote:So why is it so difficult to have a discussion on this forum with out being attacked by the nay sayers side. we are all patriots here aren't we?

I'll the leave the question of who is a patriot or not to another time. As for why it is difficult to have a discussion, I believe it is because, in all honesty, both sides are firmly entrenched in their beliefs.
Edward R Murrow
Sic Semper Tyrannis
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Queen K, we had communists back when that were Canadians. But were loyal to Moscow. That's not Patroitic? We have government officials selling Canada's souvergeny to the North America Union.

Queen K wrote:
Nebula wrote:

That made no sense.

But it made sense to me. One's nationality does not dictate whether or not one is patriotic to the State. A Canadian does not need to be patriotic to Canada.

Here we have a breakdown of what is a "national", a Nation, a Nation-State, a Country and a minority within a Country. Are the Basque patriotic to Spain? Maybe. Did the Quebecois have a vote to separate from Canada? Not very patriotic was it.

kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

steelrules wrote:Loving your country and swallowing government lies are two completely different things.
Nebula wrote:

I sure wish we could separate this beautiful country, and the many fine people that live in it from the Idiots who call themselves politicians. Nebula, don't forget that some of you are firmly entrenched in derailing any good discussion about what is really going on in this world.
We Have Been Conditioned To See Only What They Want Us To See.

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”