John Perkins: Confessions of an Economic Hit Man

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

John Perkins: Confessions of an Economic Hit Man

Post by peaceseeker »

Confessions of an Economic Hit Man

Author: John Perkins
Concise summary below...and continued here
Buy This Book

'About John Perkins:

John Perkins was for many years one of the world's top economists. He worked directly with the heads of the World Bank, IMF, and other global financial institutions. He quit his work about 20 years ago because morally and ethically, he felt it was wrong to play such a key role in creating world empire at the expense of the less advantaged around the world. After being persuaded and even bribed not to write a book about his experiences, Perkins states, "When 9/11 struck, I had a change of heart." The book, Confessions of an Economic Hitman, spent many weeks on amazon.com's bestseller list and has been widely acclaimed. Below is a summary of this landmark book.

General Overview:

Confessions of an Economic Hit Man is John Perkins’ fast-paced autobiography, which reveals his career as an economist for an international consulting firm. Perkins says he was actually an “Economic Hit Man.” His job was to convince countries that are strategically important to the United States to accept enormous loans for infrastructure development and to make sure that the lucrative projects were contracted to U.S. corporations.

Perkins takes the reader through his career and explains how he created economic projections for countries to accept billions of dollars in loans they surely couldn’t afford. He shares his battle with his conscience over these actions and offers advice for how Americans can work to end these practices which have directly resulted in terrorist attacks and animosity towards the United States. '...
"I think our society is run by insane people for insane objectives...I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends...but I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
~ John Lennon
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Re: John Perkins: Confessions of an Economic Hit Man

Post by kompili »

Thank you for the post. I was looking for a good read. Will have to check it out. It is a subject I have had suspicions about for many years.
We Have Been Conditioned To See Only What They Want Us To See.
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

Have you watched 'Zeitgeist: Addendum'?...there's a segment in the film with John 'telling it like it is'.
"I think our society is run by insane people for insane objectives...I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends...but I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
~ John Lennon
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

peaceseeker wrote:Have you watched 'Zeitgeist: Addendum'?...there's a segment in the film with John 'telling it like it is'.

I never seen that video. Thanks for the link. Very interesting in deed.
We Have Been Conditioned To See Only What They Want Us To See.
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

You should check out infowars.com, rense.com and davidicke.com too. Good stuff that's right up your 'alley'.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
eMeM
Übergod

Post by eMeM »

With all the "anti-religion" spouted in that vid one might think it is right up your alley Mr.D...
Anywho, I thought it was pretty interesting. Considering I've recently told almost all of my "creditors" to go p!ss up a rope, it's nice to be reminded why I don't owe them a damn thing :P
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

~ John Lennon
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

i watched micheal moores new movie yesterday the capitalism one.very interesting in deed

http://www.capitalismalovestory.com/
GO CANUCKS GO

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”