September 11

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: September 11

Post by Fancy »

Both towers are slightly less than half full at the time of the attack, with between 5,000 to 7,000 people in each tower. This number is lower than expected. Many office workers have not yet shown up to work,

http://www.historycommons.org/timeline. ... 1_timeline

So many office workers hadn't shown up - according to some posters, they must have known as well. I don't think so.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
Thanks for the link. What I find interesting is the photograph. A plane on it's way apparently about to hit the building. I could have sworn, about a hundred or so pages back, that when I brought up the fact that The Pentagon, which is among the most secure buildings in the world, didn't have any photos or footage of a plane about to hit their building. Someone on here stated that 'planes move too fast'. So if this plane, which can be clearly seen in the photo on the link Fancy oh so nicely provided, can be photographed, I'm sure Fancy will no doubt come up with one that is about to hit The Pentagon.

Since you, in your infinite wisdom Fancy, have proven that planes can actually be photographed at such speeds, please provide all the Conspiracy Theorists with your photographic evidence. I would think you'd jump at this window of opportunity to shut them up for good.

Here's your chance...

It is not whether planes can be photographed, at the Pentagon it is about the frames per second that the camera was recording, and the speed of the aircraft.

You are comparing apples to oranges when you compare a security camera quality to what Fancy posted which was most likely a professional camera system.
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
VoiceOfReason
Fledgling

Post by VoiceOfReason »

GenesisGT wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:
Thanks for the link. What I find interesting is the photograph. A plane on it's way apparently about to hit the building. I could have sworn, about a hundred or so pages back, that when I brought up the fact that The Pentagon, which is among the most secure buildings in the world, didn't have any photos or footage of a plane about to hit their building. Someone on here stated that 'planes move too fast'. So if this plane, which can be clearly seen in the photo on the link Fancy oh so nicely provided, can be photographed, I'm sure Fancy will no doubt come up with one that is about to hit The Pentagon.

Since you, in your infinite wisdom Fancy, have proven that planes can actually be photographed at such speeds, please provide all the Conspiracy Theorists with your photographic evidence. I would think you'd jump at this window of opportunity to shut them up for good.

Here's your chance...

It is not whether planes can be photographed, at the Pentagon it is about the frames per second that the camera was recording, and the speed of the aircraft.

You are comparing apples to oranges when you compare a security camera quality to what Fancy posted which was most likely a professional camera system.

A professional camera system? Are you saying The Pentagon has/had substandard equipment? One of the most closely guarded buildings in the world? Joe Average can photograph the Snowbirds going over Lake Okanagan with his Walmart camcorder, but The Pentagon doesn't have the technology to track an incoming plane?
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

VoiceOfReason wrote:

A professional camera system? Are you saying The Pentagon has/had substandard equipment? One of the most closely guarded buildings in the world? Joe Average can photograph the Snowbirds going over Lake Okanagan with his Walmart camcorder, but The Pentagon doesn't have the technology to track an incoming plane?

Yes someone standing with a camcorder following planes in the sky a lot further away then at the Pentagon and a camera siting on a pole not being pointed by a person to track an incoming airplane are two different things.
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

well as far as the pentigon is concerned, the goverment has tapes from lots of cameras , and they refuse to prove everyone wrong, it seems like a easy way to say once and for all look it was a big plane
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

lakevixen wrote:well as far as the pentigon is concerned, the goverment has tapes from lots of cameras , and they refuse to prove everyone wrong, it seems like a easy way to say once and for all look it was a big plane

What's the point of releasing tapes with nothing on them?
sanfish
Lord of the Board

Post by sanfish »

Fancy wrote:
lakevixen wrote:well as far as the pentigon is concerned, the goverment has tapes from lots of cameras , and they refuse to prove everyone wrong, it seems like a easy way to say once and for all look it was a big plane

What's the point of releasing tapes with nothing on them?

Exactly haha.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

kompili wrote:Image

:coffeecanuck: And people believe this stuff, come on give me a break

http://www.911myths.com/html/wtc_insurance.html
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
Fancy wrote:On the contrary - here's what has been missed:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/sep ... usat_x.htm

Here's your chance...

For someone who calls themselves the "voice of reason", you can't see the absurdity of your post? First, the picture you are referring to is take form behind, so a fast moving plane would be easier to photograph. Secondly and far more importantly, this was the second plane that hit so thousands of people were pointing their cameras at the buildings when it crashed. Not as many (if any) of the first plane hitting, for exactly the same reason as the lack of Pentagon photo's. It happened too fast for anyone to take out a camera and snap a picture. You can also see the distance that this picture was taken from. This was possible because of the height of the building and the fact it could be viewed from such large distances away. The same is not true of the Pentagon. Being a low building, it is lost from sight in a reality short distance. Most of the surveillance cameras were pointing towards the building from a relatively short distance, and given the speed of the plane and the frame rate of the camera's, a fast moving plane would be very difficult to capture on camera. Common sense explains this, something a lot of CT'ers seem to be lacking.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

goatboy wrote:The same is not true of the Pentagon. Being a low building, it is lost from sight in a reality short distance. Most of the surveillance cameras were pointing towards the building from a relatively short distance, and given the speed of the plane and the frame rate of the camera's, a fast moving plane would be very difficult to capture on camera. Common sense explains this, something a lot of CT'ers seem to be lacking.

Common sense wouldn't explain why they would have the majority of cameras filming the backs of people for a short period just before they enter the Pentagon. Do you have any links to prove this is actually true?
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Wasn't the Pentagon in the midst of upgrading the equipment? I believe the camera that captured the plane hitting the building had just been installed.
However, does it really matter? DNA evidence was documented.

Teams of forensic scientists, under the direction of Demris Lee, technical leader of the Nuclear DNA Section, took over the difficult chore of generating a DNA profile of the victims. Their work included not only the Pentagon crash victims, but the victims of the Somerset County crash as well. Every one of the organization's 102 DNA analysts, sample processors, logistics staff, and administrative personnel were involved -- from collecting, tracking, analyzing DNA samples, and gathering and logging DNA reference material to preparing DNA reports. For 18 days following the terrorist attacks, AFDIL employees worked on 12-hour shifts, seven days a week to meet the mission requirements.

http://ww2.dcmilitary.com/dcmilitary_ar ... 79-1.shtml
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

Fancy wrote:I'm sure there's a list of other CEO's that had family that were lost - see if I can find that.

Only the ones that knew about 9/11 survived. Like the Silversteins
We Have Been Conditioned To See Only What They Want Us To See.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Haven't found anything to back up that viewpoint - nor have I found that the other CEO's that survived had prior knowledge either. Speculation at best but the point that the trial is over makes it clear Silverstein and family were not involved.
sanfish
Lord of the Board

Post by sanfish »

Fancy wrote:Haven't found anything to back up that viewpoint - nor have I found that the other CEO's that survived had prior knowledge either. Speculation at best but the point that the trial is over makes it clear Silverstein and family were not involved.

Haha yes it makes it crystal clear! So clear that fact should be posted to Wikipedia :dyinglaughing:
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

How can you possibly know that?

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”