Kelowna Fukishima Fallout

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Kelowna Fukishima Fallout

Post by Fancy »

noneofyourbiz3 wrote:If fish isnt off the menu yet. You may want to consider.
http://enenews.com/tuna-contaminated-st ... west-coast
Did you read any of it?

CORVALLIS, Ore. – Samples of albacore tuna caught off the West Coast of the United States show minute traces of radiation that can be traced to the Fukushima reactor disaster, according to an interdisciplinary team of scientists from Oregon State University and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

The radiation levels in fish analyzed to date are far below anything that would pose a risk to humans who consume the fish, the research team emphasized. The findings are preliminary; additional fish remain to be tested.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

I did. I did indeed. Stupid scientists. You'd think they'd consider and make mention of.
Bioaccumulation refers to the accumulation of substances, such as pesticides, or other organic chemicals in an organism.[1] Bioaccumulation occurs when an organism absorbs a toxic substance at a rate greater than that at which the substance is lost. Thus, the longer the biological half-life of the substance the greater the risk of chronic poisoning, even if environmental levels of the toxin are not very high.[2] Bioaccumulation, for example in fish, can be predicted by models.[3] Biotransformation can strongly modify bioaccumulation of chemicals in an organism.[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioaccumulation
zyzzx
Fledgling

Post by zyzzx »

noneofyourbiz3 wrote:I did. I did indeed. Stupid scientists. You'd think they'd consider and make mention of.
Bioaccumulation refers to the accumulation of substances, such as pesticides, or other organic chemicals in an organism.[1] Bioaccumulation occurs when an organism absorbs a toxic substance at a rate greater than that at which the substance is lost. Thus, the longer the biological half-life of the substance the greater the risk of chronic poisoning, even if environmental levels of the toxin are not very high.[2] Bioaccumulation, for example in fish, can be predicted by models.[3] Biotransformation can strongly modify bioaccumulation of chemicals in an organism.[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioaccumulation

Aha! I see now, you are warning everyone to stop ingesting, breathing, touching or using anything that has radiation levels far below anything that would pose a risk to humans. You have come to this brilliant warning because of bioaccumulation.

Either that or you failed to read your link and are doing everything in your power to save what little credibility you grasp on to.

Small wonder why this thread is in the conspiracy area. Now if you will excuse me, I need to go shield myself from the residual radiation from the collapse of WTC 7 bouncing off of the chemtrails being spread by planes.

Thanks for the fabulous heads up, I am certain you will find someone that will be concerned.
Doing drugs supports crime. Are you happy that you support crime? Just think how much society would save if you didn't support the criminals that are producing drugs. Medicinal? Good on you! That is why the Doctor gave you a prescription.
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

Trolling doesn't do anybody any good. Do what you like with the info. Dont speak for everyone though. It's not your place. If you don't like the content move on.
zyzzx
Fledgling

Post by zyzzx »

noneofyourbiz3 wrote:Trolling doesn't do anybody any good. Do what you like with the info. Dont speak for everyone though. It's not your place. If you don't like the content move on.

Well, allow me to answer all of your points.

1) Since trolling does't do anybody any good then for heavens sake please stop trolling.

2) I will most certainly take your advise and take the information you gave and print it off and use it as an emergency back-up toilet paper, in my opinion, that is all it is good for. That is what I would like to do with the info.

3) Thank you, but I will have to continue speaking for everyone as I am the self appointed town speaker for everyone against all things that smell like poop, of which, frankly your thread falls into.

4) Oh, it most definately is my place, point number 3 clearly drives that point home.

5) Whew! Glad I have a choice here, and seeing as I love the content, which nearly rivals Chicken Littles sky falling. I will not be able to leave at this time.

You see, your "info" lacks the same "Sky is falling" kick that Chicken Little made so popular, so I really cannot move on until I feel I have helped you on the way.. I suggest you try large font with headlines like "SKIN CANCER ON THE RISE" or "RADIATION LEVELS AT AN ALL TIME HIGH" or "RADIATION DEVESTATING THE WESTERN COAST"

Because, to be honest, a headline like "Radiation levels far below anything that would pose a risk to humans" Just doesn't portray the level of public outcry that I am certain you were hoping for.

Good luck though, I hope this bit of advice helps you on your journey to the Superstar road of crop circle and chemtrail levels of prestiege. I hear chicks dig doomsday worst case scenario prophets of doom.
Doing drugs supports crime. Are you happy that you support crime? Just think how much society would save if you didn't support the criminals that are producing drugs. Medicinal? Good on you! That is why the Doctor gave you a prescription.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Well, I would be more particular about details - no need to take fish off the menu; just choose the type of tuna you want to eat.
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

Again, do what you want with the information.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I am - doing more research about it. It appears bluefin tuna may be okay.
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

http://www.forbes.com/sites/monteburke/ ... d-species/

The fish, Madigan points out, is not harmed by the radiation that they collected while swimming through the spill waters off the coast of Japan after the tsunami.
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

By all means Fancy if you feel the tuna is ok. Dig in. Just remember the bioaccumaultion. Crannberries,apples,dairy anything growing out in the open now is being dumped on and any open water source we drink from.
So choose your radiation levels wisely. As far as radioactivity being ok for fish....you ask them?
http://enenews.com/tv-now-radioactive-m ... vels-video
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

You need to research more:

http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/a ... efin-tuna/

There is a show currently airing regarding tuna fishing in the Atlantic called Wicked Tuna - quite something. Tuna is available in other parts of the oceans.
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

I do? Pretty sure if i'd buy your ticket and paved your way to the inside of anyone of the 3 reactors in meltdown over there you'd die just like the tuna would before making the door. Give me an fing break Fancy! 400kg of plutonium went up with it. Good for you? Give yer head a shake.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

noneofyourbiz3 wrote:I do? Pretty sure if i'd your ticket and paved your way to the inside of anyone of the 3 reactors in meltdown over there you'd die just like the tuna would before making the door. Give me an fing break Fancy! 400kg of plutonium went up with it. Good for you? Give yer head a shake.
Didn't mean to push your button - I was specific regarding research about tuna as there is more than one species available in other parts of the world so fearmongering isn't warranted.

For that matter, it's well known to limit consumption of fish per week.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuna

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pregna ... sh/PR00158

Advising people to reconsider fish on the menu when there are options isn't reasonable.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

noneofyourbiz3 wrote:Stupid scientists.

I suppose you are one of the smart scientists. It shows.
Your bias suits you.

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”