Kelowna Fukishima Fallout

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Kelowna Fukishima Fallout

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

Anyone have an updated page or link for updates on radiation levels in our area? All I have found so far is this.

http://lunaticoutpost.com/Topic-Kelowna ... n-07-16-11

At this point nothing has changed over there.

http://fairewinds.com/content/new-tepco ... ima-unit-3
LordEd
Guru

Re: Kelowna Fukishima Fallout

Post by LordEd »

The manual also says that it says "High Background Radiation" when its is between 40 and 120.

Its a bit excessive to say "Fallout" in this case. What were the radiation levels here before the event? I read an article a few weeks ago that there are uranium deposits nearby (not mined due to lawsuit, but still there)(http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -mine.html). That's "High background", not "start glowing". The meter's manual says it will say if radiation levels are dangerous.

Looks like health Canada does measurements too. http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hc-ps/ed-ud/resp ... es-eng.php

Scroll down and kelowna is very high compared to the others on the list (only a few others in similar ranges). However, Vancouver is much lower. I would tend to believe that coastal regions would be more affected than here.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

You're getting more radiation staring at your computer screen than you are from any nuclear fallout, so I wouldn't be too concerned.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Don't forget microwave ovens!
I haven't failed until I quit.
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

It is fallout by the very definition.

The slow descent of minute particles of debris in the atmosphere following an explosion, especially the descent of radioactive debris after a nuclear explosion

In the video it shows .14 as normal background. Pretty sure the screen said normal and then high and in the manual he says at .40 you are to look for the source. What manual are you talking about?

Dont trust the gov on this one. Niether should anyone else.

Anyone taking reading as of late?
Driscoll

Post by Driscoll »

noneofyourbiz3 wrote:\Dont trust the gov on this one. Niether should anyone else.

Anyone taking reading as of late?

Are you saying that we should instead trust a website called "lunatic outpost", which devotes its resources to "ufos, fun, and conspiracy?" If you're looking for unbiased results, I really wouldn't be giving this website any credence.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

The manual I refer to is the manual for his meter. I don't have to trust the government, but I don't have to trust him either. His methodology is weak. There's no baseline.

Are you truly worried about those numbers he showed? Do you know what they translate to?

If this was significant radiation, why would simply placing the device in his car stop it? Shouldn't it radiate through?

He takes his reading by placing it on a car in a plastic bag. The manual mentions the plastic bag, but does placing his meter on a metal surface affect it? Did he calibrate the device? Is his car's exterior contaminated (did he rent it or bring it here?)
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

Quarsar386 wrote:
noneofyourbiz3 wrote:Anyone taking reading as of late?

Capture.PNG

Thank you. Where did you find this and how often is it updated. I had just seen a video done on a train to Chiba with the same counter that read 10.50mcv/hr and clearly stated on the screen dangerous radiation levels. So am I reading that picture correctly a 10 in the lower mainland area? Thanks.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

There is a factor of 1000 difference between milli and micro. Milli-Sv would be significant. The map is micro Sv (normal background) and not dangerous.

http://xkcd.com/radiation/

The maximum external dose from Three-Mile Island was 1 mSv according to the chart.

You have to be trolling here. You can't possible be buying this deep into it that you believe there is dangerous levels of radiation that nobody aside from conspiracy websites happens to notice.

Link to video?

noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

LordEd wrote:There is a factor of 1000 difference between milli and micro. Milli-Sv would be significant. The map is micro Sv (normal background) and not dangerous.

http://xkcd.com/radiation/

The maximum external dose from Three-Mile Island was 1 mSv according to the chart.

You have to be trolling here. You can't possible be buying this deep into it that you believe there is dangerous levels of radiation that nobody aside from conspiracy websites happens to notice.

Link to video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4QXYyqd ... re=related

Hard to tell what the screen says. Does it say safe or dangerous. No trolling dude. Just found out some new information and wanting to know the impact in our area as I have heard some are moving. Normal my understanding until they were JUST raised was .01. Now looking at the map I dont see a decimal in front of the ten. On this guys screen its says 10 is a dangerous level. Im interested solely on the basis of the hot particles that may accompany the spikes. The stuff that doesnt come from your microwave.
strontium, cesium, plutonium, cobalt.
Its likely to late anyway.

Fukushima-hot particles detected in Seattle air filters

During the month of April, Seattle residents breathed in strontium, cesium, plutonium, cobalt and more at a rate of five hot particles per day. In the area around Fukushima residents were breathing in forty times that while Tokyo breathed in one part per day.

Symptoms of exposure to radiation include a metallic taste.
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

i suggest you read the rules of the forum before you post again!/ferri
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

The meter is in 'per hour'. That map is likely a daily exposure then. (multiply by 24).

There are other sources of radiation. You keep classifying them as Fikishima. That meter does not pick one source of it.

LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

On a train is not the best place for a measurement, assuming its electric or mag-lift. The meter's manual warns about interference from magnetic fields. I would believe higher radiation there easier than over here. I can't read most of the comments on the video to get other local info on the video.

What was the level outside of the train, or when the train is stopped?

noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

LordEd wrote:On a train is not the best place for a measurement, assuming its electric or mag-lift. The meter's manual warns about interference from magnetic fields. I would believe higher radiation there easier than over here. I can't read most of the comments on the video to get other local info on the video.

What was the level outside of the train, or when the train is stopped?

There are 4 videos.

I dont think magnetics are the problem.

http://www.radiationdefense.jp/investig ... an?lang=en

Also, hot particles found at 5 an hour in Seattle versus 1 in Tokyo as I previously reported is most concerning. Theres a breach in the containment in at least 2 of the reactors and they have'nt even capped the reactor buildings yet. This should concern everybody. Too busy with Occupy I guess.

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”